• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
well yeah, all the taunt in xpac are too slow to be worth anything.

I'm finding the problem with attack up on opponent's turn is that aggro can still take advantage of the fact that you can't really direct the trades so the +2 attack can barely do anything from time to time.

Also the 3 mana 4/5 Taunt wasn't always game winning when you get it off anyway.

jgminto

Been spending my initial time with Quest Zoolock. It seems potentially strong and can win some games without finishing the Quest but those games where you need the portal definitely require a good Malch's Imp draw cycle to get it out early. Also been trying Quest Warrior but I'm not sure where to go with it, maybe rip the Patrons out of old PW lists and replace them with taunts?

Nachos

Just like jade, the only real counter is killing them by turn 7.
And even that's sometimes not good enough. I recently had a game where I completed the quest on turn 3, only to prep the reward and start smorcing turn 4. I crafted the thing, fully prepared for it to be bad, but I can't believe it's working so well.

My god, it just occurred to me that Quest Rogue is so easy to pull off that you dont even have to play the Quest on turn 1 so you can keep on tempo.

FUCK

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So is quest rogue and quest mage going to be the new ultra hated decks?

Is quest mage good?

I only played it once as elemental mage, and they certainly can freeze their way through their whole deck against something like that, and it's just as annoying as freeze mage always was.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is quest mage good?

I only played it once as elemental mage, and they certainly can freeze their way through their whole deck against something like that, and it's just as annoying as freeze mage always was.

Was Jade druid?

Point just being that a deck doesn't have to be good to be one of the most hated. It just has to be annoying/unfun to play against.

joelseph

107 packs opened, recorded and uploaded to Youtube.

A subscription to my Hearthstone focused channel would be much appreciated! Please support me!!

Part 1 (1 hour)

Part 2 (30 mins)

Legendary spoilers:
2 druid quests
Golden King Dread
3 mage quests (1 golden)
Pyros (mage creature)
Sherazin (Rogue creature)
Kalimos (Shaman creature)
Spiritsinger (nuetral)
10 legs in 107 packs
So many dupes

Don't forget to subscribe to my channel! <3

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Quest Mage probably wouldn't bother me if there was a tech card like Loatheb.

Honestly why hasn't a loatheb like card been printed again.

I don't understand it.

107 packs opened, recorded and uploaded to Youtube.

A subscription to my Hearthstone focused channel would be much appreciated! Please support me!!

Part 1 (1 hour)

Part 2 (30 mins)

Legendary spoilers:
2 druid quests
Golden King Dread
3 mage quests (1 golden)
Pyros (mage creature)
Sherazin (Rogue creature)
Kalimos (Shaman creature)
Spiritsinger (nuetral)
10 legs in 107 packs
So many dupes

Don't forget to subscribe to my channel! <3
What!!!!!

your pull rate is insane. I got 4 in 100 packs.

Pooya

nerfs already? It's not even 12h yet...

I mean, yeah, the rogue quest is more playable than anticipated and seeing it against currently bad decks makes it seem absurd. lol

Just give it a week tops then check back again. Good tempo decks that play good stuff every turn already beat it hard. Like midrange paladin Kolento has, elemental shaman or aggro rogue.

It's ok deck overall, maybe viable tier 2 even after it's more optimized but nerfs? lol. What you even nerf? The whole deck is about playing very mediocre cards trying to make something good out of them, the reward better be damn good and this reward was called bad by literally everyone and it's really not THAT good. I mean the deck is probably not that good as I said....

Mage quest seems legit though and you actually don't play bad cards in there, iceblock has always been broken and that's the only reason the deck works...

In two weeks time, everyone will play curvestone again so instead of calling for nerfs enjoy these few days of something different...

V-Faction

I'm glad that the quest for Rogue came out when it did, because Year of the Mammoth has all the nuts needed for something like this to work. Which means we have longer for it to last.

Honestly, it completely catches me off-guard how cool it is. I was totally not expecting nor anticipating the quest working. I'm willing to quash my abrasiveness. Welcome our Rogue Overlords.

hollomat

Banned
Just played someone in arena who had a Sylvanas. I guess they must've messed up and not removed it from the pool for arena.

It wasn't summoned or anything special (not that that would matter)

Edit: I guess they must've picked their arena deck before the update.

joelseph

1st game I took a "Aggro/tempo Mage quest deck" up against the Rogue quest deck everyone is talking about. Smashed him 28 - 0. Only got 2/6 in my quest and he had his a turn before conceding. The new mage secret that takes a spell your opponent casts and makes it cost 0 is surprisingly good.

fertygo

I'm finding the problem with attack up on opponent's turn is that aggro can still take advantage of the fact that you can't really direct the trades so the +2 attack can barely do anything from time to time.

Also the 3 mana 4/5 Taunt wasn't always game winning when you get it off anyway.

I don't know Tar Creeper has been work exremely well for me, if you ask me its the most performing minion so far from what I play and seeing various stream

its not singlehandedly beat pirate warrior, but we know that already

Pooya

my pack luck on EU is always amazing man. Opened all of priest's junk... full set... the last thing I have any interest in.

plus four Dinosizes... cmon.

Majukun

62 packs...3 quests (mage,priest and warrior) and 1 neutral legendary (voraxx)

doesn't seem too good comparing to other users,but i'm used to been unlucky

Repgnar

Got the shaman and rogue quests, Hemet, and the big Druid dino. Was running the rogue quest deck for a bit but ended up switching to Sjow's mid range hunter deck and i'm having fun with that. Dog's rogue was getting spanked by Kolento's paladin buff deck 3 games in a row so if rogue does get super popular we can atleast hope for a hard counter that pirates never had.

Firebrand

Opened up 35 packs... 5 golden common, 2 gold rares, 8 epic, 3 legendaries. Legendaries were Pyros (gold), King Mosh and Hemet (wtf is this card). No quests :(

Seems like there's a lot of fun stuff to play around with this expansion, hadn't seen the cards before opening the packs. Now if only Jade and Auctioneer could go away...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like Quest Rogue looks overrated.

Maybe, I don't know how consistent it is yet.

The really hard part is if you don't spend time clearing minions, he just kills you with the basically charged minions the turn you play the quest. If you do spend time killing the minions, you're letting Rogue live even longer, allowing him to just out value you with a billion 5/5s.

It's like Jade Druid was combined with Classic Midrange Combo Druid.

Mulgrok

maybe rogues will start to use 0 mana minions so they can more consistently pump out huge edwin or prep quest by turn 3.

edit: waiting for trolden showing rogue use quest on turn 2

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
maybe rogues will start to use 0 mana minions so they can more consistently pump out huge edwin or prep quest by turn 3.

I think they maybe should be working on getting Sap fit in somewhere instead.

daemissary

Got the shaman and rogue quests, Hemet, and the big Druid dino. Was running the rogue quest deck for a bit but ended up switching to Sjow's mid range hunter deck and i'm having fun with that. Dog's rogue was getting spanked by Kolento's paladin buff deck 3 games in a row so if rogue does get super popular we can atleast hope for a hard counter that pirates never had.

You have a list for that midrange hunter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom