• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 runs at 30 fps with dynamic resolution on both Xbox Series S and Series X according to GamePro (there are no graphics modes)

Alex Buggaga when he was bad mouthing the PS5 and championing the Xbox Series:

Go to 40:47 if the timestamp doesn't work.
I wonder what he thinks of the actual reality where every Sony first party game released with a 60fps mode and a lot of first party xbox games have ended up with 30fps only.

Exactly why I don't take those shills at DF seriously. They don't know what the fuck they are talking about most of the time when they try to make predictions.

It's always best to wait and see actual results of specs.

It is ridiculous that none of these current gen Xbox games come out with a performance mode. But im more concerned about the combat. Hopefully its been improved a lot.

Topher

Gold Member
I don't need to watch any of their videos to know they are biased :)

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

damidu

I wonder what he thinks of the actual reality where every Sony first party game released with a 60fps mode and a lot of first party xbox games have ended up with 30fps only.

they are all riding spencer's dick to a degree, with those special invites etc.
but baguga is as green a rat as it gets, repeatedly exposed by this point.

FireFly

Yes, from 3rd party which is what I said before. But how many of such games are from 1st party?
Halo Infinite shipped without a 120 FPS mode on the Series S. Also several last gen games have received a boost mode on the X, but not the S.

But so far 1st party titles have kept resolutions on the Series X high, so there was room for a 60 FPS mode on the S if one existed on the X.

solidus12

Man!! Alex is so unlikeable
He’s so salty about PlayStation, only for him to salivate over their games when they’re ported to pc.

Bugaga indeed.

Last edited:

Rubim

He’s so salty about PlayStation, only for him to salivate over their games when they’re ported to pc.

Bugaga indeed.
Well, he should, its usually a great game with amazing graphics that when played on pc you can go beyond what the ps5 is capable. That's all assuming you have the hardware for it.

solidus12

Well, he should, its usually a great game with amazing graphics that when played on pc you can go beyond what the ps5 is capable. That's all assuming you have the hardware for it.
Yeah but he’s always downplaying them when they’re not on pc.

Notice how he says 30fps. What an arrogant prick.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
The vast majority of games released this gen so far have had 60 FPS.

Folks really need to stop being dumb and quoting that tweet from before the console even came out as a zinger 4 years later.

At least Riky Riky had the sense to become a ghost after Xbox's recent weeks of constant embarrassment. I thought you would be the first to stop talking, especially considering the ongoing situation in your throat, which seems permanent at this point.

SHA

Bugaga indeed.
He always change that tune after launch, believe me, if you analyze the shit he's saying before and after, you'll figure that he actually doesn't give a shit about all this stuff, he's not a real gamer.

Last edited:

sendit

Hellblade 2 releasing in May will mark 3 of their last 4 first party games to launch without a 60fps mode. Zingerrrrrrrrrrr

“As we were looking at the future, the feel of the games was definitely something that we wanted to have more focus on, not just throwing more pixels up on the screen.” -Phil Spencer

From the highest quality pixels, to highest FPS (30 FPS).

Last edited:

Pelao

Meh, I just won't play it. 🤷‍♂️
Not that there was much chance of me downloading it through Gamepass either. I never finished the first game because I really disliked the gameplay.

Eh, this one's pushing visuals beyond anything the current gen has had though. It's understandable.

No it's not.

At most its visuals are on par with stuff like HFW: Burning Shores, Alan Wake 2 and Rift Apart on a technical level. Artistically the closest equivalent is GOW Ragnarok (I guess), and at best it's on par with that. Maybe STALKER 2 would be a better comparison stylistically.

Just because the engine's UE5 doesn't mean it's automatically leaps ahead of other games on the market.

SHA

No it's not.

At most its visuals are on par with stuff like HFW: Burning Shores, Alan Wake 2 and Rift Apart on a technical level. Artistically the closest equivalent is GOW Ragnarok (I guess), and at best it's on par with that. Maybe STALKER 2 would be a better comparison stylistically.

Just because the engine's UE5 doesn't mean it's automatically leaps ahead of other games on the market.
Over shoulder 3rd ps, you usually pay attention to the character more than the environment, the opposite to fps, we'll see.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
While I do acknowledge there might be SOME truth to 30fps being a cinematic look, especially with a lot of motion blur and other post processing that reinforces that, I can't say I've ever once limited a game to 30 when playing on PC.

I will be playing this one on PC and I'm sure it will have no problem staying north of 60 and hopefully closer to 100.

angrod14

Did the first game commercial performance even justified a sequel? Seems like an expensive game to make.

Last edited:
Has this news exploded on social media or people are being civilized and understand that 30 FPS is just a design/creative decision to make their vision reality, no a big deal

No one said that.

Sounds heavily suggested. No one is saying why they think it's the best-looking game on the market, so I'm going to assume they say it because it's an UE5 game.

Over shoulder 3rd ps, you usually pay attention to the character more than the environment, the opposite to fps, we'll see.

HFW: Burning Shores is at least on par with Hellblade 2 in the character model department too, so there's that.

Did the first game commercial performance even justified a sequel? Seems like an expensive game to make.

First game's budget was only $12 million (including marketing). So actually very cheap.

I doubt the sequel's too much over $30 million in total costs. Maybe $40 million tops.

RPS37

I’m going to sound bonkers but…
I kind of like the idea of some games not giving me the option to choose “performance mode“
sometimes I just can’t decide.
i like the idea of devs just making a graphics mode that works.

Crayon

30fps really does have a more natural look In cutscenes. It's when you are panning a camera and wanting good response where it ain't so hot.

That said, for a game like this, 30 is actually fine. The problem is... it doesn't look so good as to explain why. Probably because it's a smaller studio on a smaller budget. The are punching above their wait on visuals but are still relatively small compared to the best looking games.

Typical MS. They announced this years ago and acted like it was some major headliner all the way up to the final stretch where they start revealing it's been a b-stringer the whole time.

Last edited:
Ok, I just saw some of the discourse online... One title for a hypothetical article came to mind:

"How is the Xbox community keep taking so many Ls?'"

some people point out the the dynamic resolution could suggest bad performance?

i dunno. but Sony got a lot of shit for The Order.

Top Bottom