• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 has overtaken Palworld as #1 selling game on Steam in the US | Also #1 most pre-ordered game on PSN US & other regions

It's now #1 on Steam.

Starship Troopers Thank You GIF

Last edited:
It looks like higher budget EDF, which is a very good thing. Problem is the real EDF is coming out in a month or two so it is hard to justify picking this up right now.

Definitely will get once done with EDF.

XXL

Same, im gonna watch lirik tomorrow and probably buying it on friday. The preview uncut footage sold the game for me
Same. It was much better than I had imagined. The only things I'm slightly concerned about is the amount of content at launch, but I saw they are planning free updates.

I'm also unsure if I should get it on PS5 or PC, which is mainly why I'm waiting for impressions.

I can definitely see this being a sleeper hit though.

Ok Sony you have your gaas title now move the fuck on
I feel like Sony just luckboxed into this game potentially being a massive hit. I know they funded and are publishing it, but HD2 is just a natural evolution for Arrowhead studio. I think it would have been made even if Sony was not all in on GAAS. I don't have anywhere near the amount of confidence in any of Sony's other GAAS games, which seem to be chasing trends

ulantan

I feel like Sony just luckboxed into this game potentially being a massive hit. I know they funded and are publishing it, but HD2 is just a natural evolution for Arrowhead studio. I think it would have been made even if Sony was not all in on GAAS. I don't have anywhere near the amount of confidence in any of Sony's other GAAS games, which seem to be chasing trends
What trends are they chasing?

Skifi28

How does this game work for those of us that are forever alone? It looks cool, but no way am I getting a full squad to have fun.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Does that mean you can't solo stuff? Do you have to be in a party to play?

Solo can be played on the lower difficulties. It'll likely be fun for a few hours as you unlock stuff, but the game was definitely designed for co-op play rather than solo play.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Sure, I’ll go with that just like I’ll go with Palword doing the same thing for Xbox.

skit_data

That is... surprising to me.
Same, I almost had the feeling Playstation pretty much sent this out to die a while back but coverage and previews really helped the reception. Maybe they were pretty confident it would stand on its own all along, pretty hard to tell tbh.

Top Bottom