• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 has overtaken Palworld as #1 selling game on Steam in the US | Also #1 most pre-ordered game on PSN US & other regions

tommib

...in US.
Hbo Come At Me Bro GIF by Room104

Alebrije

Want to jump on this Game but none of My Friends seems to like it, random matchmakes is the only left.

Last edited:
Solo can be played on the lower difficulties. It'll likely be fun for a few hours as you unlock stuff, but the game was definitely designed for co-op play rather than solo play.
How big a hit will this be? He's your choices

1. Suicide Squad.
2. MLB the show.
3. Destiny.
4. Genshin Impact.
5. Fortnite

Which game above will it match in success?!

sendit

Will buy later today. Palworld got old fast, Enshrouded is the much better survival open world game ATM.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I don't think anyone added me..... sadge :(

...OK, OK, I get it....but little do you know about how good I am at squashing bugs!

starship troopers GIF

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

MP is really not my thing but the game do look fun. PC requirements look somewhat lean too so probably can run it at 1080p @60. Might give it a go later on when the time is right. Looks like a game with long legs.

Belthazar

Didn't expect it to do this well, but I kinda understand the success. It is a "squad" game after all and the pricing makes it very easy to annoy your friends until they bite the bullet and buy to to play with you. In my case my copy turned into 3, with 2 friends buying to play with me after I pestered them for days (a fourth one is almost caving in and buying it too).

So I imagine it'll do better than a lot people expected due to that nature.

Belthazar

Same, I almost had the feeling Playstation pretty much sent this out to die a while back but coverage and previews really helped the reception. Maybe they were pretty confident it would stand on its own all along, pretty hard to tell tbh.

I feel like both Sony and the developers were very confident in how fun the game was and counted on the previews to really sell the game... And sell the game they did.

CamHostage

Wow, not bad! I thought Helldivers 2 was doomed to fight its way out of sleeper-release status, having not really registered as a major game on the PS or general gamer radar, so I'm glad and surprised to see it came out of the gate strong.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How big a hit will this be? He's your choices

1. Suicide Squad.
2. MLB the show.
3. Destiny.
4. Genshin Impact.
5. Fortnite

Which game above will it match in success?!

Why wouldn't you compare it to studios of similar size? That way you can see which games are trending in the right direction.

1. Returnal
2. Demons Souls
3. Forespoken
4. Ghost wire Tokyo
5. Deathloop

It'll do better than all 5. I'm expecting DRG levels of success here. It'll continue being updated 4 years from now.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Maybe pump the brakes before you compare this to Fortnite

Maybe consider the context of the comment I was responding to. It's not about comparing HD2 to Fortnite. It's theorizing over Sony's action/response if they launched a successful GAAS project.

sachos

Uh, interesting. Did not know there was much hype building up for this game. Interested in seeing how many CCU it gets along the first 2 weeks. I guess it is always online no?

sigmaZ

So this is just gonna be a thing now then. I imagine we're gonna hypetrains every month now over Steam numbers. Recently there's been a spike in hype waves around everything.

For the no squad crowd, Discord is your friend. Just hit LFG channels in there until a few non-dickheads keep playing with you. It's not that dramatic.

EruditeHobo

This is the next undertaking by my crew of online gaming buddies... glad to see it's doing well, and I hope it's as fun/good as it looks.

Jumping in tomorrow for launch day. The only good bug is a dead bug.

Last edited:
Not to detract from Helldivers, but no shit it's selling more at this current moment than the thing everybody has already bought.

That's how selling things works.

Top Bottom