• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers II broke 250k+ CCU on Steam: first PlayStation PC release to do so

Holammer

Yes. You took a screenshot at the lowest time for players in the day. Good job. It's still getting above 70k a day.
BcJ7wYo.png
Yep, I'm going to dismiss that as a SUPER lame attempt at trolling/platform warring.
On a personal level I'm surprised so many still play the game, without new content there's noting to gain except for levels. Anyone with 100+ hours in the game isn't gaining anything right now, there's nothing to buy and there are no currency sinks, so everyone have maxed out samples and medals (R is a joke) Only to find the occasional super credits.

Naive on Arrowhead's part not to realize the need for sinks IMO. It should have been there day one for weapon skins and such.

Yep, I'm going to dismiss that as a SUPER lame attempt at trolling/platform warring.
On a personal level I'm surprised so many still play the game, without new content there's noting to gain except for levels. Anyone with 100+ hours in the game isn't gaining anything right now, there's nothing to buy and there are no currency sinks, so everyone have maxed out samples and medals (R is a joke) Only to find the occasional super credits.

Naive on Arrowhead's part not to realize the need for sinks IMO. It should have been there day one for weapon skins and such.
I play it regularly 2 to 3 matches a day. I have 160 hours in-game and 100 hours in-missions and the majority of players quitting are burnt out or are bored of the current balance changes. I bet more casual folks still have things to do like warbonds and unlocks, but this was never an "only"/main game option since it's very pick up and play.

Last edited:

Yeah, 100%. Arrowhead is still sitting on major content since launch too, which includes a completely new faction, as well as vehicles

Regardless, AH and Sony didn't expect this game to blow up. They have hired a bunch more people(only 100 at launch), and the CEO says future plans have drastically changed. I'm really excited for what this game looks like 2 years from now. The potential is incredibly high. But sadly, it may take that long to see its full potential as a gaas

And the first 50 hrs of this game was the most enjoyable gaming experience in a long time. It can get a bit repetitive after that, but I'm maxed out on everything and I still play this game 4-5 hrs a week. The foundation is just so good

Last edited:
I'm really excited for what this game looks like 2 years from now. The potential is incredibly high. But sadly, it may take that long to see its full potential as a gaas
Imho it would be criminal to not have a Starship Troopers DLC at some point. Figure some deal out with ST Extermination, whose dev probably currently has the license locked.

Also while playing Horizon and Darksiders Genesis in the past days I thought both of their enemy types would fit perfetly in the world of Helldivers as their own factions. Robot dinosaurs and all sorts of Hell brutes, or use several enemies from TLoU or GoW for mutations and mythological monsters. Special appearances by L4D/B4B or RE enemies... new heroes from the entire Expendables list...
They seem have nailed the gameplay loop, so like fighting games since forever and like Fortnite they could add a whole bunch of new skins to make it appealing to even more people and as long it fits its own premise it should be nice variations also for anyone already hooked in the game.
If Powerwashsimulator can have a Warhammer DLC, Helldivers could easily have more factions.

I still play it weekly but it's a significant drop when I used to play daily. Nothing against the game, I got 200 hours out of it but I wanted to move on and spend more time playing something else.

Top Bottom