• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst - PlayStation GAAS releasing day-one on PC, SP games at least one year after console release

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
lol people are still pretending that majority of the console gamers is going to jump to PC just because day 1 release on PC.

Kagey K

Banned
I got a feeling them 1 year sp games gonna be hitting much much sooner by end of the gen....
For the time being just close your eyes and pretend they are timed exclusive moneyhats.

The game will be better on your system of choice after all the patches and fixes.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Playstation is not going to go away just because Sony is going to release games day 1 on PC.

However, assuming Sony did fucked up the Playstation ecosystem and Playstation is no longer exist, I can 100% assure you that you wont be seeing games like GOW/Spiderman on PC.

Because PC sales alone wont be enough to fund the AAA games under Sony. Majority of the fundings were coming from the Playstation ecosystem and PS Plus.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Really no point in having a PS5 anymore. Day and date GAAS on a superior platform, then a one year wait for the first party SP that you can get for a discount. No brainer. Thanks Jimbo!
I think if it’s your primary platform it’s worth it but if you used it as a secondary platform just for the exclusives it’s becoming a bit pointless.

Especially if you don’t want to pay €79 for new games so you’re waiting a few months anyway.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I can wait a year to play a single player game.
Its not like MP games where joining late can be detrimental to your experience because everyone already knows the meta.
If their MP titles are good and are day and date, then im in.
My PS5 purchase might be delayed indefinitely now.

<--Already got a DualSense after the DualSenseSDK came out, so not missing out on that.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
That's BS, 99% of people on this site were quite aware that the gap would close based on communication from Jim and co.

We even predicted this, live service day and date and a year or more for SP is not a surprise.

Stop trying to find conflict where there is none. Crazies like Bryan don't count.

If that's the case, why are you so agitated that I am referring to that 1%

Top Bottom