• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi Rush | Review Thread

chixdiggit

Wow this is pretty excellent. Love the style and sound. All very top notch.
I also appreciate that (at least so far) it's pretty forgiving. Not super good at these type of games but have been having a lot of fun none the less.

feynoob

Banned
You keep quoting me over foolishness. I’m not sure why you think you can take petty shots at me and expect me not to respond
I mean you are fighting with people here.
If you think the game is bad, just say it's bad. You don't need to bring other stuff.

It's not worth continuing what you are doing now. All it does is make you a CW.

At the end of the day, it's a piece of opinion, nothing more nothing less.

I mean you are fighting with people here.
If you think the game is bad, just say it's bad. You don't need to bring other stuff.

It's not worth continuing what you are doing now. All it does is make you a CW.

At the end of the day, it's a piece of opinion, nothing more nothing less.

I haven’t fought with anyone, i didn’t even say anything damning about the game. I made a simple pun

Last edited:

Kacho

This thread was an amazing read. I usually don’t enter review threads after the initial drop but this was unique due to the RKO outta nowhere release.

RIP remember_spinal remember_spinal

On topic, I’d say an 8/10 is fair. Solid first effort. Great soundtrack, great combat, great cell shading and pretty great characters. I dig what they delivered.

Plenty of room for improvement though. Needs more combat and less uninteresting linear paths. Also too many cutscenes + talky talky interrupting the flow of fights. Imagine playing DMC and characters are constantly yapping in your ear about mechanics and shit. If we ever get a sequel I’m sure they’ll tighten things up and deliver something even better.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Amazing looking games, and great music and approach. Love when a game is just fun.

Wife stole it from my hands 3 hours ago, don't know if she's gonna sleep now.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Now you know how I feel when I read your posts.

Surprise Zing GIF by Big Brother
Haha, the feelings mutual x
cat massaging GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You know a game must be good when it brings such amounts of salt.

Can't wait to try it once I'm done with my current games. Really wish we could get more releases like this: no marketing or hype, just a good game being released and people liking it.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
User score on meracritic is 9.2....how are users getting this right....

Guess it's not been review bombed yet?

Because people only say user reviews are useless and pointless when it does not enforce their own bias.

Perhaps some of the games people took issue with back in the day, if you went back you would find that they where not that great afterall.

Great games tend to not be review bombed or be naturally devsisive, it's a strange phenomenon.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Because people only say user reviews are useless and pointless when it does not enforce their own bias.

Perhaps some of the games people took issue with back in the day, if you went back you would find that they where not that great afterall.

Great games tend to not be review bombed or be naturally devsisive, it's a strange phenomenon.
I'd personally ignore meta user reviews, they are worthless imo.
& Go with something like steam user reviews as you know the people reviewing have actually purchased+played the game.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I wonder if we will start seeing actual advertisements for this have now MS knows it’s a hit?

Last edited:

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I'm already trying to s rank every section and with the awesome soundtrack I'll be jumping in to do bosses and experience the style over and over again. Almost like replaying tracks on guitar hero or Rock band.

I've already played the first boss like 5 times.

Did you find any useful guides to help you score so high or did it just click? I struggle to consistently get an A let alone an S.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Did you find any useful guides to help you score so high or did it just click? I struggle to consistently get an A let alone an S.
I haven't confirmed any of this yet but you see the music notes on a dash and jump. If you constantly dash through the levels on beat and jump on beat I dont know if it gets your accuracy percentage up. Not sure. Also a death wipes a full rank.

manfestival

Wasn't sure if this was gonna be my kinda thing based off of the trailer. Then I downloaded it on gamepass cause I saw it was there. Ended up liking this, especially way more than Monster Hunter Rise(hurr durrr different game). Put a few hours so far and liking the content. Fortunately, I was able to formulate my own thoughts on it before seeing any hype. Closest thing I saw was some trailer posted on here beforehand. Thought the animation for cutscenes was a little wonky but it greew on me.

RPS37

This is a banger.
It kind of reminds me of FLCL
I just finished the second boss and I’m having a great time but I keep getting D’Souza for timing.
I get a bunch of Good’s and every once in a while a Perfect.
Regardless I still love how forgiving it is. much better than Metal Hellsinger.

anthony2690

Banned
https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/30/hi-f...-exclusive-18186476/#metro-comments-container

"The wasteland that has been the Xbox release schedules for the last few years limits the accolades we can give the game but it’s a breath of fresh air for Xbox gamers, developer Tango Gameworks, and the rhythm action genre as a whole"

This just baffles me, it's just another reason why you can't take reviewers that are actually posting on metacritic seriously. 🤷‍♂️

8/10 is still a good score, but the statement itself is strange and shouldn't reflect on the game imo.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

It just clicked after a while once I got my bread and butter combos down.
This is a banger.
It kind of reminds me of FLCL
I just finished the second boss and I’m having a great time but I keep getting D’Souza for timing.
I get a bunch of Good’s and every once in a while a Perfect.
Regardless I still love how forgiving it is. much better than Metal Hellsinger.

Are you using headphones? I find headphones tightens up scoring massively.

Topher

Gold Member
https://metro.co.uk/2023/01/30/hi-f...-exclusive-18186476/#metro-comments-container

"The wasteland that has been the Xbox release schedules for the last few years limits the accolades we can give the game but it’s a breath of fresh air for Xbox gamers, developer Tango Gameworks, and the rhythm action genre as a whole"

This just baffles me, it's just another reason why you can't take reviewers that are actually posting on metacritic seriously. 🤷‍♂️

8/10 is still a good score, but the statement itself is strange and shouldn't reflect on the game imo.

That's probably one of the more ridiculous reasons I've seen for a lower score. Not that Metro reviews ever make a lot of sense though.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I haven't confirmed any of this yet but you see the music notes on a dash and jump. If you constantly dash through the levels on beat and jump on beat I dont know if it gets your accuracy percentage up. Not sure. Also a death wipes a full rank.

If you're having trouble just count in your head, 1 2 3 4, and time everything you do on the counts, you literally cannot get hit if you dodge or block right on a count/beat.

Appreciate the tips, Will give these a try!

Jennings

Maybe they should have rated it as a Steam game and ignored the plight of Xbox gamers.

Banned

it can't be said enough how awful video game reviews are and that people should always ignore all of them.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I stand by my statements that it's not right this is even at a 90. I rarely even care about reviews because they are bullshit but this game deserves to be higher on metacritic or open critic. Its sublime and it just gets better and better. It's not front loaded it's pacing is great, characters and writing is exactly what you expect.

OK, I could see 9 out of ten if you are really upset by the more linear approach but I literally see the whole game like an album....music tracks...and the levels are called tracks....so the linearity makes sense with some deviation...

This game speaks to me, there's levels to this.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I stand by my statements that it's not right this is even at a 90. I rarely even care about reviews because they are bullshit but this game deserves to be higher on metacritic or open critic. Its sublime and it just gets better and better. It's not front loaded it's pacing is great, characters and writing is exactly what you expect.

OK, I could see 9 out of ten if you are really upset by the more linear approach but I literally see the whole game like an album....music tracks...and the levels are called tracks....so the linearity makes sense with some deviation...

Keep not caring about scores. The public reception has been great and word of mouth is spreading fast, which is what really matters.

I haven't even played the game yet I'm already happy of it's success. We need more games like this one, videogamey videogames.

Last edited:
Of course it is. Been happening since the game came out.

Youre allowed to like it, but you can't claim its a GOTY candidate. Too early.
Youre allowed to like it, but you can't claim its anything other than a training wheels baby action game that can never be compared to the real action games.

Its all downplaying and coping. And its not like it's just their own opinion. Its trying to dictate what other people are allowed to say.
You hit the nail on the head. It's obvious people are trying so hard to find a way to downplay this game some how.

MistBreeze

I played 4 levels untill now
Hi fi rush is great
Nice mix of gameplay which opens up as u go mechanically, feels new but familiar in the same time , good pacing , fun and not intrusive mini games

Feels good when you hit beat consistently

It is the best surprise this year honestly

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

Game looks great and I really want to play it. Right now I only have a PS5, so I'll go and stand in the corner with the sad Sony Ponies. At least I got Dead Space to keep me going!

anthony2690

Banned
Finished HiFi Rush and it is easily one of the best games I have played in recent years, it's like a DMC game mixed with platforming and rhythm elements, it just oozes style and polish throughout the entire game, massively exceeding my expectations!

The levels and mechanics and enemies just got better and more interesting as you for further into the game and got more use to the mechanics :)

The boss fights were a real treat too, going to start a hard playthrough & follow a collectible guide for all the collectibles I missed :)

I really hope it does well enough to get a sequel & a retail release, I need a hard copy for my shelf!

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Finished HiFi Rush and it is easily one of the best games I have in recent years, it's like a DMC game mixed with platforming and rhythm elements, it just oozes style and polish throughout the entire game, massively exceeding my expectations!

The levels and mechanics and enemies just got better and more interesting as you get further into the game and got more use to the mechanics :)

The boss fights were a real treat too, going to start a hard playthrough & follow a collectible guide for all the collectibles I missed :)

I really hope it does well enough to get a sequel & a retail release, I need a hard copy for my whekr

fart town usa

Gold Member
Game looks so awesome. Super happy for Tango too, it's obvious that they (Shinji) want to get away from the survival horror label, Ghostwire didn't resonate with people unfortunately but HiFi Rush is. Just the thing they needed so more people can see Tango for something outside of TEW.

I've said it before but Tango is the one studio that will likely force me to buy an XBOX. Might have to get a Series S this year.

meernakh

I would say a 8-9. Its great but i would have liked it better if the post game content had some surprises. I would have liked to replay the story with tougher encounters from level 1. End game enemies and such. Without this the replayability of the story is a lot less interresting.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Finally finished it last night. It's a 10/10 from me. The post-game content seems pretty good too. Definitely going to be dipping back into this one all year for stage select runs on harder difficulties. The unlocks look pretty awesome.

Now back to Fire Emblem to wrap that up before Wanted: Dead.

Top Bottom