• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima seemingly responds to Death Stranding 2 report with cryptic tweet (VGC)

kingfey

Banned
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-death-stranding-2-report-with-cryptic-tweet/

Game designer Hideo Kojima has seemingly responded to claims he’s working on Death Stranding 2 with a cryptic tweet.

On Friday, actor Norman Reedus – the star of the original Death Stranding game – claimed that he’d “just started the second one” when discussing the Kojima Productions game with digital publication Leo Edit.

Officially, Kojima Productions has not said what it’s next video game project will be.

Now, Kojima has potentially acknowledged the report with a cryptic tweet posted on Saturday. The post contains several images of Kojima and Reedus together, including one in which the designer is pretending to stage a mock execution of the actor.

“Go to your private room, my friend,” Kojima wrote, referencing the private room players are able to visit in the Death Stranding game.

Sony published Death Stranding for PS4 in November 2019 and 505 Games released it for PC in July 2020. The Director’s Cut hit PS5 last year and was released for PC in early 2022.

In March 2020, Reedus revealed he was “in talks” to work on another project with Kojima, and last August he said he believed Death Stranding 2 was going to happen as discussions had begun about a sequel.

Previously, Reedus was originally in line to work on a new entry in the Silent Hill franchise directed by Kojima and del Toro, but the project was cancelled by publisher Konami following the release of a playable teaser called P.T. and a falling out with the video games designer.

Last November Kojima Productions announced it had established a TV and film studio based in Los Angeles, and according to Kojima its work will begin in earnest this year.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well damn.

If anything, this is gonna make the speculations ramp up even more....

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The GOAT!

tumblr_nzhftcKFeO1sjiojbo3_500.gif

Topher

Gold Member
FTQsy5DaUAAg6z8

Looks like Kojima was visiting my neck of the woods. The Walking Dead is filmed about 15 minutes from my house in Senoia, GA. The t-shirt Kojima is wearing is from Norman Reedus' restaurant. Nic and Norman's. I have that same t-shirt.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Sounds like Kojima wanted to jokingly tell Norman to shut the fuck up lol

Confirmed I’d say.

We had Reedus saying they’re in talks for a sequel.
Sony gave Kojima the time & money to make new content for the DC.
Kojima has started filming in the PS Visual Arts mo-cap volume again.
He continues to use PS5 dev kits and test kits.
Jim Ryan recently sent Kojima flowers congratulating him.
Sony then added Death Stranding to their PS Studios banner. (Franchise?)
We now have Reedus saying they’ve begun the sequel.
Feels like we’ll see a Game Awards reveal this December.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Down for anything Kojima hopefully there's some other forms of transport in DS2 & he has to bring back Conan!

Sounds like Kojima wanted to jokingly tell Norman to shut the fuck up lol

Confirmed I’d say.

We had Reedus saying they’re in talks for a sequel.
Sony gave Kojima the time & money to make new content for the DC.
Kojima has started filming in the PS Visual Arts mo-cap volume again.
He continues to use PS5 dev kits and test kits.
Jim Ryan recently sent Kojima flowers congratulating him.
Sony then added Death Stranding to their PS Studios banner. (Franchise?)
We now have Reedus saying they’ve begun the sequel.
Feels like we’ll see a Game Awards reveal this December.

All signs point to Sony that’s for sure. At least it’s most likely his next game will release on PS5.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I know people mention this all the time, but has Kojima been drinking from the fountain of youth? The man is 58!

brian0057

Banned
Kojima seems like the kind of guy who thinks that typing "boobies" on a calculator is the funniest and most clever thing ever.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I dont find myself enjoying Kojima games a lot but i respect the man. He is a talented director who makes neat game design choices sometimes, i respect the will to risk and innovate, even if a lot of them bore me or i find underwhelming after all the praise.
But Kojima games are all good ones in the end. So i will probably look into any game Kojima makes just to see what he is going to do.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Barbed wire bat and imprisonment? Sounds a lot like...

You know where I'm going with this...

HELL IN A CELL

WWE KOJIMA GAME CONFIRMED

Top Bottom