• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki 'knows for a fact' other FromSoftware devs want a Bloodborne PC port: 'If I say I want one, I'll get in trouble...'

d8Ck4nrcwBQ9obDuWiwEUK-650-80.jpg.webp

As I was wrapping up an interview with FromSoftware president Hidetaka Miyazaki for PC Gamer's Shadow of the Erdtree cover story, I knew I couldn't walk out of the conference room we'd been sitting in for more than an hour without asking The Question. You know the one: it's been front of mind for PC gamers during every single major livestream and gaming event since Sony started putting its games on Steam. Bloodborne on PC when?

I was, obviously, not the first person to ask Miyazaki about returning to Bloodborne or making a sequel; just a few months ago he told IGN that FromSoftware doesn't own the IP rights. "Unfortunately, and I've said this in other interviews, it’s not in my place to talk about Bloodborne specifically," he answered at the time.
I tried a slightly different approach: making myself the sacrificial lamb. I said I'd get in trouble if I didn't ask this question, then led off by acknowledging that I know FromSoftware doesn't own Bloodborne. But there are millions of PC gamers out there still holding onto hope, I said. Would he—Miyazaki—personally like to see Bloodborne come to PC someday?

This got a laugh from the FromSoftware crew—and a genuine answer.

"I know for a fact these guys want a Bloodborne PC port," Miyazaki said, referring to FromSoftware producer Yasuhiro Kitao and interpreter Bobby Simpson seated at the conference table near him. "If I say I want one, I'll get in trouble as well. But it's nothing I'm opposed to."
I thought that would be the end of the topic, but Miyazaki went on to elaborate on his answer.

"Obviously, as one of the creators of Bloodborne, my personal, pure honest opinion is I'd love more players to be able to enjoy it. Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I'm concerned, that's definitely not something I'd be opposed to."
You heard it here, PC gamers—Miyazaki wants Bloodborne on PC. FromSoftware wants Bloodborne on PC. So what's Sony going to do about it?

Last edited:

skneogaf

Fromsoftware bought the rights for elden ring from bandai namco I believe?, they should try to buy the rights from Sony for bloodborne if they don't want to do anything with it.

Maybe that is what we should be shouting at Sony and fromsoftware to do as they really haven't listened to our port begging!

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I think its obvious at this point Bloodborne will be PS6 launch title in case they dont have a blockbuster in the making, its an easy cash grab for a remake, so why port it like this? Sony thinks business, although i disagree, even a simple port is going to print money and hell why not just remake it years later and port the remake to PC too, i bet they will buy it again and again.

XXL

I would love a PC port but, at this point, I honestly want a remake. Like Demons Soul on PS5. It would almost be to much for me to handle.

It's the art, the art deserves that treatment.

Last edited:
"Obviously, as one of the creators of Bloodborne, my personal, pure honest opinion is I'd love more players to be able to enjoy it. Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I'm concerned, that's definitely not something I'd be opposed to."

Sony don't care :messenger_heart:

XXL

Ask for a Bloodborne TV show and you might get a port. Its really your only shot.

demonstr8

Fromsoftware bought the rights for elden ring from bandai namco I believe, they should try to buy the rights from Sony for bloodborne.

Maybe that is what we should be shouting at Sony and fromsoftware.
Sony and Tencent are the ones who put up the funds to allow FROM SOFTWARE to buy Elden Ring back from BN. Sony owns 15% of FROM SOFTWARE - FS aren't buying anything back from them - they're in a partnership.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past.

Always been my one problem with console exclusives. If the publisher doesn’t care, which happens a lot, they’re left to rot on a dead platform unless we manage to emulate it on PC.

bitbydeath

This is why Miyazaki will never make another Sony funded game. Poor guy doesn't own his own creation. It's being mismanaged and shunned by its publisher instead. Otherwise we would probably have had BB2 by now.
He hasn’t been sitting on his hands waiting for it, he’s busy making other games.

Paltheos

He says that like Bloodborne isn't still the best game they've made.

Maybe there are parts of the game he's dissatisfied with. There are parts I'm dissatisfied with, but BB generally best hits the From sweet spot of player freedom, originality, and difficulty that their other games miss by some margin or another. No matter what improvements they've made elsewhere, they've usually lost something else more important. To me, anyway.

It'll be a PS6 launch game, like Demon's Souls was for PS5. It'll come to PC like 2 years later.
I will buy it, and I will get sucked in all over again...

I remember a long time ago reading that FROM's Sony deal had another game in it. I guess it was that VR game on PS4. It would be nice if, come TGS, something new appeared.

It's okay to be wrong.

You're half joking Bender but, sometimes it's about preferences - I for example absolutely loved BB and Sekiro but absolutely loathed Elden Ring since I've found it to be "just Dark souls with a horse and an open world", plus, the whole formula is already played to death IMO.

Thinking about it...I also didn't have fun with DS1, disliked DS2 (too disjointed/ugly gfx/ugly art direction) but loved DS3 which people apparently coined it a "DS greatest hits rehash".

Opinions and all that 😉

leo-j

They are probably remaking it from the ground up like demons souls….. and collabing with Sony / bluepoint for a sequel. At least that’s what makes the most sense.

Top Bottom