• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki 'knows for a fact' other FromSoftware devs want a Bloodborne PC port: 'If I say I want one, I'll get in trouble...'

Fbh

I know he is joking but I'd imagine Miyazaki is so integral to FROM now that he could probably say almost anything and not get in trouble.
What are they going to do, fire the dude behind their most successful games.

That said it might be different in Japanese culture (I'm not an expert)

bender

What time is it?
You're half joking Bender but, sometimes it's about preferences - I for example absolutely loved BB and Sekiro but absolutely loathed Elden Ring since I've found it to be "just Dark souls with a horse and an open world", plus, the whole formula is already played to death IMO.

Thinking about it...I also didn't have fun with DS1, disliked DS2 (too disjointed/ugly gfx/ugly art direction) but loved DS3 which people apparently coined it a "DS greatest hits rehash".

Opinions and all that 😉
giphy.gif

Hudo

They are probably remaking it from the ground up like demons souls….. and collabing with Sony / bluepoint for a sequel. At least that’s what makes the most sense.
Did Bluepoint collaborate with From on the Demon's Souls remake? Because Bluepoint took some liberties with interpreting the level design and art style.

It already begins when you compare the cover art of the Demon's Souls remake and the cover art of the original. Completely different vibes and messages. Then you've got the design of Boletaria. The remake added a lot more architectural features and extruding spaces, which kinda takes away the surreal feeling the original had. I dunno, I had my problems with the remake. And the art style as well as the level design plays an even bigger role in Bloodborne for me.

I dunno if I want Bluepoint remaking that game unless they really are under heavy supervision by From.

GHG

Gold Member
PlayStation is incredibly fucking stupid. One of the most requested games in the form of either a port or remake to PS5 or PCplatforms and they're still dragging their heels on it.

Incredible.

Literally all they need to do is unlock the framerate on the PS4 version to make most people happy.

But then, they can't charge money for that so it's the least likely thing that they would do.

Shut0wen

Industry's worst kept secret.

There will be a PS5 version at the same time they do the PC version.

Think Until Dawn.
Except until dawn has a movie coming out thats in full production, sony just isnt interested or its total spaghetti code and someone else is remaking the game from the ground up, which one it is, its fishy the game hasnt came out to pc, sony aint that dumb

Saber

Don't buy it.

Miyazaki is the type of creator that doesn't keep chewing the same project for long periods of time. With Elden Ring for instance, he probably already move to his next project. Probably some PC wetdream bullcrap.

Literally all they need to do is unlock the framerate on the PS4 version to make most people happy.

But then, they can't charge money for that so it's the least likely thing that they would do.

True. Its honestly the easiest win and the game will get a significant boost in sales off the back of the recent success with Elden Ring.

Herman, if you're reading this, with all due respect, you're a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Fromsoftware bought the rights for elden ring from bandai namco I believe, they should try to buy the rights from Sony for bloodborne.

Maybe that is what we should be shouting at Sony and fromsoftware.
Hell no. I want BluePoint taking the lead with the remake. You saw what they did with Demon's Souls? Imagine what they could do with Bloodborne assets!

IAmRei

"If i say i want to get one, i will be in trouble"

He said one, is he in trouble now?

JK, i really want one as well. And no, blue point is not counted, they made my waifu' hair looks ugly, like woman which never shower herself well :/ also the art feels like lacking proper dark, like they are trapped between beautiful-ish graphic, they forgot its supposed to be dark fantasy, grim and gritty.

and, please, bring back the real devs

IAmRei

It's pretty telling of how disconnected they are from their fans. Playstation execs need a good jumpscare so they start listening.
Sometimes people need "jump scare" for them to remember their position. I once scold my internship, because they dont deliver good performance, told their teacher about them, and work like a charm. Now they are doin okay. Although already late.

Jump scare makes everything recall their position.

A.Romero

I saw a tweet by Grubb stating that From is now too expensive to keep locked on a single console for a game. It makes sense to me.

Hudo

Why'd he get in trouble, tho? The only real reason I can think of because he signed some contracts that forbid him from doing so.

Otherwise, what would Sony do? Never work with From Software again? Lmao. Sony need From Software more than they need Sony.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Except until dawn has a movie coming out thats in full production, sony just isnt interested or its total spaghetti code and someone else is remaking the game from the ground up, which one it is, its fishy the game hasnt came out to pc, sony aint that dumb
Sony's cross-entertainment push this entire gen.

Lots'o'smoke

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I think it's a waste of an interview question... could have asked about future titles or something, but just more of the same with a slightly different answer, lol.

Top Bottom