• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton on Sanders: 'I'm not even sure he is a Democract'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

So we fault him for that and not our entrenched two party system? I don't blame him for doing it. It's the only way to play the game.

No, I fault mackattk for insinuating that this statement is in any way a form of Bernie taking abuse. :lol

Barzul

Hillary just needs to focus on the debate and obliterate him there. I definitely get the feel that she's smarter than Bernie (this is a personal opinion) and can articulate her points better. Call him out on his BS there for the world to see and cement your nomination in the series of primaries after that.

Zaventem

She said it as a way to demean him but if not being a democrat means being able to question in party tactics and blindly follow someone i'm all for not being one either

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The fact that Bernie isn't helping down ticket Dem's is an immediate turn off to me. How is this political revolution supposed to happen if the house and senate isn't in your favor?

Right, it's not. They are just blusterous stump speeches with no real strategy of accomplishment.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of abuse Sanders has to put up with is crazy.

LMAO oh man that's so funny. "Don't criticize my candidate of choice! He's infallible! It's not fair"

And before you even go on the defense saying that he is not your candidate of choice, the fact is that any candidate is open to criticism. Whether or not I'd classify this as real criticism is another issue, but nevertheless.

Maxim726X

Hillary just needs to focus on the debate and obliterate him there. I definitely get the feel that she's smarter than Bernie (this is a personal opinion) and can articulate her points better. Call him out on his BS there for the world to see and cement your nomination in the series of primaries after that.

She shouldn't even have another debate.

Just keep campaigning in NY, win, then deflate what little momentum he's built moving forward.

He's left leaning even to the Democrats and effective voting history mostly aligns with the Democratic anyway, doesn't sound like much of a negative.

DOWN

Banned
She got asked to answer this, she gives the same answer Bernie would probably give, yet people think its great if he says it and bad that she gave the answer saying it.

A Dem Presidential candidate concerns herself/himself of helping the downticket elect as many Dem Representatives as possible

Bernie doesn't care

He's not a democrat though, he's said it himself. He votes with them the majority of the time and more or less functions as a democrat because of the two party system, but I'm pretty sure he's the first person to mention that he literally only ran as a democrat because he had to to a) get anywhere in the primaries and b) because running as a third party splits the vote and leads to a republican in office.

This.

Bernie himself doesn't claim the party straight up, and in this sound bite also states that he's not sure about towing the line for the party and raising cash for down ticket ballots. I don't see this as some negative, dirty attack on Bernie here...

Boo hoo. He has gone months without anyone exposing the vapidity of his positions and proposals until recently. I'd say he's been treated quite well.

Hillary should have said "I'll let the voters decide that." There is no benefit in responding directly to Sanders at this point. The race is over, it's time to prepare for the general.

Allard

I am not sure what she was hoping to accomplish with those statements, but what she can and I HOPE she starts going after Sanders more for using this as a prelude, is his utter inability to support other democratic members who are not on his staff. He won't support money for down ticket races, he won't support other members in their efforts to expand left/liberal policies in other states when they need the help of larger figure, and he expects that same leadership or party to accept him despite the fact he only declared himself a part of the Democratic party just to run for president. Literally using the parties resources and infrastructure and giving nothing back in return. These are the things he needs to get hammered for in the democractic primary season.

Sanders isn't a Democrat. He went through this nomination process because its the only way to get any visibility. I can't blame him of course but make no mistake, if he loses this nomination he'll be right back to an (I) and complaining that Democrats aren't Liberal enough.

sphagnum

Banned
Nobody cares that Sanders isn't actually a Democrat except Hill-GAF.

That said, it certainly does put him at a disadvantage in regards to institutional support, see: superdelegates.

It seems that Sanders supporters would cheer Sanders if he reminded them that he's not really a democrat, but will jeer Hillary when she says it.

Yeah, there's some crazy halo effect going on here. Gotta hate what Hillary says and love what Bernie says. Even when they're the same thing.

Maxim726X

You're really arent either, Hillary

No actually, she really is.

Where exactly does this criticism come from? Why does the left eat its own so fucking often?

Ugh. Combined with the horseshit I read earlier (25% of Bernie voters would not vote for Hillary in a national election), this fucking stupid country deserves Trump.

rofl, if you think it's been bad (It hasn't been remotely bad), just wait till someone actually attacks him for nearly every single thing he has said. IE the fact that his plans are going to create huge tax increases for basically everyone.

See how well his popularity is once he's actually the target of actual negative campaigning. If he's in the GE he will get pulverized.

Burt

I feel like this is gonna be one of those threads where almost everyone agrees with what is said, but they all get upset anyway.

Because it's a straight up Trump-esque semantic dodge. Shes knows what 'democrat' means in the context of the two party system, modern politics, and an election cycle, and so does everyone else. But there she is, clearly implying that Bernie isn't someone that left-leaning Americans should be voting for, while leaving the door open for, "What? I never said THAT!"

"I said 'their' not 'they're'! Don't you people know what the Oxford comma is?!?!"

'Petty' is a good word for it.

Steel

Banned
Nah, she's an exemplary Democrat.

She's just liberal rather than left.

Liberal, progressive and left are the same damn thing. What she's basically saying is that she doesn't know if Sanders really identifies with the democratic party, she doesn't really comment on whether or not his policies fit in the democratic party. They do. In fact she says the democratic party agrees with a lot of the issues he's brought up.

kmag

Nobody cares that Sanders isn't actually a Democrat except Hill-GAF.

That said, it certainly does put him at a disadvantage in regards to institutional support, see: superdelegates.

Clinton's bringing it up because after WY it's a series of closed or semi-closed primaries in which there will be more affiliated Democrats voting

I mean in NY, which is completely closed, only new voters registered as Democratic before March 25th, or previously registered non—Democratic voters who changed their party affiliation to Democratic before October 25, 2015.

She's targeting the Democratic base.

It's a fair criticism. Hillary has raised over $30 million for local and state party to help them with down ticket races. We need to flip seats in Congress or any hope of a progressive agenda will continue to be stalled by allowing the Republicans to have as much control as they do today.

When Sander's is asked if he'll help the party with down ticket races he says, "We'll see".

He's not a Democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom