• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

Darchaos

Imagine beeing one of thoose miserable people going: Why pre-order a game in 2022.....

Holy shit, why the fuck do you even care what i do with my disposable income? And since when is it something strange to want into something day 1? I rather get hyped and into something day 1 then to be miserable and like the fucks on Reeee.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Still think this game will be a bust. Avalanche has a spotty track record at best.

SaintALia

I doubt Era is hoping that the game bombs that much. The point would be that Rowling makes less money, but other people's livelihoods are still tied to the game.

Also lol, I sometimes forget the bad blood between the two forums. It's like both sides see each other as some kind of black stain or something. Ah well, I still feel this site has become way too lax, and Era is far too strict, the split was essentially The Dark Crystal.

TLZ

Banned
All Reee users uninstalling Steam right now.
Working Jim Carrey GIF

mad computer GIF
Angry Office GIF
rage GIF
Computer Rage GIF

Kataploom

Gold Member
If my employer finds out I bought this game, will I get fired?
GAF told me that you should check their hair color to know... They must be onto something.

Btw I'm thinking on getting this game but I'm always playing stuff from my backlog, currently persona 5 and it's gonna take some pretty weeks to beat

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Era is going to be demanding Steam reveal what accounts bought the game like they did with Cyberpunk.

While Kyuuji has a slave send her/him ( i really don't know anymore..) a copy of Hogwarts, sidestepping the fact that she would never buy it, but eh if it's a gift..

iu

Mods rolling the carpet for her impressions and confirmation that there's problems in the game
iu

Plays the fuck out of it and then judges anyone in the OT for saying it's remotely good

iu

Who knows, we might even get a few mods banned and chased off EERA if he/she doesn't get her way by getting the "crowd" primed for a witch hunt like they did with Cyberpunk 2077.
iu

Last edited:
Still think this game will be a bust. Avalanche has a spotty track record at best.
Even Naughty Dog started out making middling stuff. This game is Avalanche's largest budget, largest team, and longest development time yet by a significant margin. The tie in games they made weren't horrible.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I haven't cared about HP in a long time because Rowling is a lunatic overall, the only sane opinion she has had in recent years is the same one that is getting her called a 'transphobe' in tiny social media echo chambers.

And I'm sure the developers of Hogwarts Legacy will put in some language/dialogue in the game that makes it clear that they hold water with the unhinged REE crowd as a way to 'atone' for working on a would be transphobe's property.

It's clear as day that this is going to happen.

So yeah, not getting this game.

I'll be sure to get 3 copies of Stellar Blade tho.
She said people who weren't born with vaginas cannot identify as female. That is transphobic, not getting labelled one unjustly. If you can't accept what millions of people are saying they feel like and dismiss them all because of some bias you hold more important than them, then you are a fucking asshole.

She committed career suicide which doesn't matter because she made a shit ton already. I bought the game because I think cancel culture is cruel with respect to how much collateral damage it can do to others. People want to basically harm everyone who worked on this licensed game because Rowling is a fucking moron. That is utter shit.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
By the way, I think it's more than just the fact that they hate JK Rowling. Apparently, one of the high ups in the development team was a Gamergate supporter. I remember the big fuss on that.

Soodanim

Gold Member
She said people who weren't born with vaginas cannot identify as female. That is transphobic, not getting labelled one unjustly. If you can't accept what millions of people are saying they feel like and dismiss them all because of some bias you hold more important than them, then you are a fucking asshole.
Usually I wouldn't nitpick, but it's relevant here but the distinction is pivotal so it needs to be clarified. You can't identify as female, as it's an observed result of foetal development that is only changeable by way of reassignment surgery (transsexual). People identify as a different gender.
68 critic 9.8 user score on metacritic incoming
There's going to be a war bigger than the TLOU2 controversy, no doubt. But with it already being the top selling game on Steam, you know the "against" crowd is going to be outnumbered in a big way.

average era user
p3mcp.jpg
Same can be said about GAF. I mean here people really thing the next Zelda will do better than this one... There even was a topic for that!

I got something for GAF, the next Zelda will not to do as good as this one. Deal with it and cry (to be honest, I don't give a shit about both, I'm not going to get one of those but I like watching the dirt).

Wait until it gets a couple of GOTY awards, then the looney left/ERA will really explode.

“You love to see it” ☺️
Even if it does it’s still easy for those who won’t support it to go “we don’t support the IP owner.” I’m someone who can’t stand JK since I find all TERFs insufferable but for the most part I can separate art from artist. Era can go a bit crazy with their ban list. But I guess it’s been working for them.

She committed career suicide which doesn't matter because she made a shit ton already. I bought the game because I think cancel culture is cruel with respect to how much collateral damage it can do to others. People want to basically harm everyone who worked on this licensed game because Rowling is a fucking moron. That is utter shit.
In a nutshell… I’m one of those people who see her for the transphobes she is, who has made her sole mission currently to make life more difficult for a group of people already marginalized..,that’s shitty. But I will still enjoy the game because I don’t think, for me, enjoying art only by people I agree with would make my taste well rounded. Also she’s in charge of the ip but the game directors vision is what will shine through…hope this thread isn’t shut down tho…talking about trans isn’t political.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Same can be said about GAF. I mean here people really thing the next Zelda will do better than this one... There even was a topic for that!

I got something for GAF, the next Zelda will not to do as good as this one. Deal with it and cry (to be honest, I don't give a shit about both, I'm not going to get one of those but I like watching the dirt).
I dont think GAF will be banning people off the forum for saying they'll buy it..

Bit of a difference between the two sites.

She said people who weren't born with vaginas cannot identify as female. That is transphobic, not getting labelled one unjustly.
In a case of "whataboutism", can I ask as to how you would choose to label me if I was born as an American, but identified as a Russian (even though I didn't hold a Russian passport, and don't have a Russian nationality)?

What about if I was a 76 year old man (and had all the wrinkles to prove it), but identified as a 18 year old man, what would you label me as?

What about if I worked as a carpenter in India, but identified as the President Of The United States Of America? What would you label me as?

What about if I drove a Volkswagen, but identified as driving a Ferrari? Would my Volkswagen car suddenly be labeled as a Ferrari, and would it suddenly develop the same attributes, and have the same price tag on the market?

If I'm a human being, and can only (successfully) copulate with another human being, could I identify myself as a giraffe? How would you choose to label me then? And would I suddenly be able to be the star of a natural documentary TV show about giraffes (narrated by David Attenborough)?

If civilization collapsed tomorrow, and all the medical staff were rounded up and killed off, how would men "transgender" into becoming females (and vice versa)?

Last edited:
There's going to be a lot of people including ResetEra buying the game and have expressed interest for it even if any discussion around it is banned. I don't mind the blowback JKR is getting for her comments, but am 100% against punishing the devs for it. They're the only ones getting hurt in this, not the fucking millionaire.

It honestly looks like a fun, gorgeous game that's going to let me fly on a Hippogriff. Can't wait.

Xenon

Wait until it gets a couple of GOTY awards, then the looney left/ERA will really explode.

“You love to see it” ☺️

Haha, you forget who's in charge of these lists. I bet these people will probably create 2nd accounts to play it with all the lights off in their basement, but they will never open admit they enjoyed it. Hell even it was made by Kojima and published by Sony Geoff would have a hard time nominating it for a game award.

CosmicComet

She said people who weren't born with vaginas cannot identify as female.
<snip the rest>

That is literally not what she said by even a basic parsing of her words.

But even if she did say what you claim, it would be very insensitive, but, well, not actually wrong.

She supports the trans movement but basically said transwomen and biological women have completely different experiences, which is factually true.

In the end, people can identify as whatever they want.

Doesn't mean they actually ARE what they identify as of course, but it's a free country to think how you feel.

But regardless, there is a difference between 'female' and woman, according to the doctrine you ascribe to. Sex and Gender are supposedly not equivalent. So no, you couldn't identify as a female. Only be born as one. You can identify as a woman however, I suppose.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In a case of "whataboutism", can I ask as to how you would choose to label me if I was born as an American, but identified as a Russian (even though I didn't hold a Russian passport, and don't have a Russian nationality)?

What about if I worked as a carpenter in India, but identified as the President Of The United States Of America? What would you label me as?

What about if I drove a Volkswagen, but identified as driving a Ferrari? Would my Volkswagen car suddenly be labeled as a Ferrari, and would it suddenly develop the same attributes, and have the same price tag on the market?

If I'm a human being, and can only (successfully) copulate with another human being, could I identify myself as a giraffe? How would you choose to label me then? And would I suddenly be able to be the star of a natural documentary TV show about giraffes (narrated by David Attenborough)?

If civilization collapsed tomorrow, and all the medical staff were rounded up and killed off, how would men "transgender" into becoming females (and vice versa)?
It doesn't even have to be extreme examples.

In Canada, there's tons of Indian families who immigrated here. The mass wave started around 40 years ago and to this days lots come over every year. Just about every one of them will either consider themselves Canadian or Indian. You're not going to see many say they are "Indian-Canadian" or "Indo-Canadian". They'll pick either Canadian or Indian pending how someone feels best represents themselves and leave it at that. So even though there are combo terms made for them, many will still label themselves what they want.

And that's ok. Do what you want.

But JK is simply going by the traditional scientific terminology. So whether someone agrees or disagrees with her, leave it at that. You don't see Indian people in Canada going ape shit if the Canadian government uses those combo terms, when in reality someone prefers a simpler label.

Fbh

I just hope that even if just a bit this shows companies and shareholders that all the online whining from places like Era, Twitter and Kotaku amounts to nothing more than a small vocal minority

Once you sort as best-selling, hogwarts legacy is most pre ordered game on ps5 as well.

j8egUEJ.jpg
dont mind the crazy prices. Turkish currency is messed up.

Damn how does Forspoken have more preorders than Re4?

It doesn't even have to be extreme examples.

In Canada, there's tons of Indian families who immigrated here. The mass wave started around 40 years ago and to this days lots come over every year. Just about every one of them will either consider themselves Canadian or Indian. You're not going to see many say they are "Indian-Canadian" or "Indo-Canadian". They'll pick either Canadian or Indian pending how someone feels best represents themselves and leave it at that. So even though there are combo terms made for them, many will still label themselves what they want.

And that's ok. Do what you want.

But JK is simply going by the traditional scientific terminology. So whether someone agrees or disagrees with her, leave it at that. You don't see Indian people in Canada going ape shit if the Canadian government uses those combo terms, when in reality someone prefers a simpler label.
What I asked wasn't extreme.

You've merely skirted around my questions whilst making sure that you addressed none.

If I'm playing a PS1, but believe that it's a PS5, is the console that I'm playing a PS1 or a PS5? What would you label my console as? And would my console be able to play Hogwarts Legacy?

Last edited:
Top Bottom