• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Is Currently The Best Selling Game On Steam

Davevil

You mean TransEra is happy. The majority of era doesn't actually support this, otherwise you wouldn't need a ban. If the true sentiment of the community was to not talk about it, you could just let it ride, maybe somebody makes an OT but little nobody would participate. But they know that OT would be hundreds of pages.

I have gay/bi friends that love HP, hate JKR, and are excited to play the game. It pains them to be buying something that will in some form give her money, but they're also grown up and mature enough to realize that you can't go your whole life avoiding buying something from people who you disagree with. Nothing in the game itself is transphobic or anti-LGBTQ.
The majority of era is a bunch of reetards... you can't stay in a shitty place like that only to "talk of videogames"

I just absolutely detest that we cannot have any conversation around this game without listening to so-called controversary that has literally nothing to do with the game. It's a gaming forum, and this isn't Resetera. I just want to talk about the game instead of sifting through all of this ancillary stuff that's unrelated to the game. Why isn't there a topic in the non-gaming discussion for people who want to talk about JK Rowling and "transphobia" and have those conversations or debates there? Have those important cultural discussion and debates there, to your heart's content. Why is every Hogwarts Legacy thread bogged down by this stuff?

Seriously, is there a thread where we can just discuss *just* the game? And nothing else? The game looks fantastic, and the dev team seems like they've delivered a pretty incredible title. Heaven forbid we talk about that, like every other game.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Some of these crazies work at gamestops/eb games. What are they going to do? Burn the copies on twitter? Stop people from buying?

vape-shop-refuses-maga-hat-customer-WP.jpg

93xfan

Banned
"Safety of women" is such a bogus line with no data behind it. Women are brutalized and killed by cismen daily. Show me the crises around transwomen doing the same.
There are many documented incidents of these laws being abused. The kid who raped 2 girls in Loudon County for example. Men arrested trying to film women in Target’s changing room. Men walking around fully nude in front of children in locker rooms at various places. These barely scratch the surface.

I’m not at all saying these are trans women doing it. You seem to be lacking in critical thinking today, so I’ll help you out. There will always be perverts and bad actors ready to take advantage of any loophole they can find. It’s not trans women, but the fact that sex offenders can lie and say they are trans to gain access more easily to places without surveillance.

It seems you care so little about women that you won’t even bother with a Google search before you go off dismissing rapes and sexual assault. Maybe you can be rational from here on out and show us that isn’t the case.

Some of these crazies work at gamestops/eb games. What are they going to do? Burn the copies on twitter? Stop people from buying?
No, they can't do that. That's equivalent to employee vs employer sabotage/ insubordination. And no, being upset about JK Rowling's political/ social views is not a basis for a wrongful termination suit. It would never make it motion to file brief. It has zero merit.

Last edited:

JayK47

Once the game comes out, I would hope the discussion "transitions" to the game and none of this other BS. It will be busier than usual around here as it will be one of the few sites where we can actually discuss the game. There will be Era-tards popping in to derail and we should ignore them.

93xfan

Banned
Once the game comes out, I would hope the discussion "transitions" to the game and none of this other BS. It will be busier than usual around here as it will be one of the few sites where we can actually discuss the game. There will be Era-tards popping in to derail and we should ignore them.
I love exposing the harms of the trans activists. Any chance to raise awareness about the horrible lifelong side effects of puberty blockers and other “treatments” is a good thing. Very few places on the internet let these people hear the truth.

Last edited:
I love exposing the harms of the trans activists. Any chance to raise awareness about the horrible lifelong side effects of puberty blockers and other “treatments” is a good thing. Very few places on the internet let these people hear the truth.
My friend has been in and out of hospital almost monthly since transitioning 5 or so years ago. So many problems, lots of pain. She's constantly on gabapentin.
Speech therapy classes to try to sound more like a woman. Mental health issues too. He wife is straight and they married when she was a man. They are still together but the relationship is strained because the partner is straight and never fancied women... But loves her.

belmarduk

I'm super confused by the Resetera decision. Is JK Rowling involved in the development of the game?

Why are you confused? They have consistently done this sort of thing and acquiesced to an angry mob. That's what Resetera is. Keeping these groups happy is far more important than serving it supposed function as a gaming forum.

JK Rowling didn't have anything to do with the game and, as far as any of us know, there is nothing against transgender people in the game.

There are many documented incidents of these laws being abused. The kid who raped 2 girls in Loudon County for example. Men arrested trying to film women in Target’s changing room. Men walking around fully nude in front of children in locker rooms at various places. These barely scratch the surface.

I’m not at all saying these are trans women doing it. You seem to be lacking in critical thinking today, so I’ll help you out. There will always be perverts and bad actors ready to take advantage of any loophole they can find. It’s not trans women, but the fact that sex offenders can lie and say they are trans to gain access more easily to places without surveillance.

It seems you care so little about women that you won’t even bother with a Google search before you go off dismissing rapes and sexual assault. Maybe you can be rational from here on out and show us that isn’t the case.
So that's 4 examples vs thousands of cismen doing the same shit literally every day literally everywhere around the world. To the point where women who go on blind dates have to tell a friend where they're going and when in case, you know, murder happens. And none of your examples were of a sex offender lying about their gender while wearing a dress to gain access. Exactly how many cases of fake trans sex abusers are there, 1? 2, globally? 0? Your attempts to pretend rationality is on your side here is silly chest puffing.

Stop saying cismen. You sound utterly ridiculous using that term.
Should I provide a content warning for the apparently many users in this thread who get triggered by the distinction?

Last edited:
Oh I don’t think people expect it to be reviewed fairly.

It’s clearly going to get low reviews because of the “controversy” even though this is completely unjustified in so many ways.

Or it'll get low reviews because its a cheap video game tie in made by the developers of the Cars and Disney Infinity games and looks like a PS3/360 game...

Or we can just put it to "controversy"

Jimx26

So that's 4 examples vs thousands of cismen doing the same shit literally every day literally everywhere around the world. To the point where women who go on blind dates have to tell a friend where they're going and when in case, you know, murder happens. And none of your examples were of a sex offender lying about their gender while wearing a dress to gain access. Exactly how many cases of fake trans sex abusers are there, 1? 2, globally? 0? Your attempts to pretend rationality is on your side here is silly chest puffing.

Should I provide a content warning for the apparently many users in this thread who get triggered by the distinction?
Oh (cis) boy!

Ghost23

Or it'll get low reviews because its a cheap video game tie in made by the developers of the Cars and Disney Infinity games and looks like a PS3/360 game...

Or we can just put it to "controversy"
This is such a disingenuous mindset. It’s obvious this game has been given significantly more development, manpower, money, and love than their other games. It’s been in the works for 5+ years by people that love the source material. It could have generic combat and dialogue, but in reality the love poured into the environment and immersion is going to make the game a massive success for most people. And even then, they’ve shown how the combat works and it looks fairly entertaining, very Arkham-esque.

It’s not going to be Elden Ring or TLoU with their respective strengths, but you would have to be crazy to expect that. What this COULD be though is a big first step for a developer in learning how to create higher quality games. It should be exciting to see what comes from all of this.

Last edited:

Krathoon

It looks like the game is pretty well crafted. It seems to be on the scale of Skyrim.

It is like a Wizarding World Skyrim.

That was the point of the trailer with the owl flying everywhere. It is a huge ass world.

I assume that game has some kind of excuse for a Hogwarts student to travel the Wizarding World.

Last edited:

Rykan

Imagine "not feeling safe" and arguing your life is being threatened because someone decided to play a videogame based on a children book.

Oh that person is actually a fairly notorious nutcase.

She used to work at Riot games, where she basically assigned the entire alphabet to herself on her "Journey of discovering her gender identity" and was then shocked, shocked that nobody took her seriously.

There is actually rather funny article she wrote a couple of years ago on medium, where she's complaining that the guy she was dating was getting all the credit for speaking out instead of her and how difficult it was to be constantly "Misgendered" at riot. Just google her image and it's pretty obvious why she is being "Misgendered".

93xfan

Banned
My friend has been in and out of hospital almost monthly since transitioning 5 or so years ago. So many problems, lots of pain. She's constantly on gabapentin.
Speech therapy classes to try to sound more like a woman. Mental health issues too. He wife is straight and they married when she was a man. They are still together but the relationship is strained because the partner is straight and never fancied women... But loves her.
Really sorry to hear that is happening. Wish there was more honesty about these side effects rather than shouting down of those who tell the truth

93xfan

Banned
Exactly how many cases of fake trans sex abusers are there, 1? 2, globally? 0? Your attempts to pretend rationality is on your side here is silly chest puffing.

Are you that delusional that you would suggest there may not be a single case globally? And while I suggested it’s those who aren’t trans who are the offenders, how does it help your cause if they are trans and are offenders?

Here’s a list of some offenses soon after Target did their controversial bathroom thing over half a decade ago. Here.

Also, do you not see a problem with grown biological men exposing their junk to underage girls while walking around fully naked in a women’s locker room? Generally curious.

Because that’s well documented too. Do I need to also look that up for you?

Sentenza

Oh that person is actually a fairly notorious nutcase.

She used to work at Riot games, where she basically assigned the entire alphabet to herself on her "Journey of discovering her gender identity" and was then shocked, shocked that nobody took her seriously.

There is actually rather funny article she wrote a couple of years ago on medium, where she's complaining that the guy she was dating was getting all the credit for speaking out instead of her and how difficult it was to be constantly "Misgendered" at riot. Just google her image and it's pretty obvious why she is being "Misgendered".
I'm not entirely surprised about this type of character being a weirdo in general... But WHAT THE FUCK he's even talking about in that article about having a... miscarriage?

Rudius

You mean TransEra is happy. The majority of era doesn't actually support this, otherwise you wouldn't need a ban. If the true sentiment of the community was to not talk about it, you could just let it ride, maybe somebody makes an OT but little nobody would participate. But they know that OT would be hundreds of pages.

I have gay/bi friends that love HP, hate JKR, and are excited to play the game. It pains them to be buying something that will in some form give her money, but they're also grown up and mature enough to realize that you can't go your whole life avoiding buying something from people who you disagree with. Nothing in the game itself is transphobic or anti-LGBTQ.
I honestly believe they are physiologically incapable of being happy.

Last edited:
I just hope the PC version is optimized. After playing Gotham Knights I’m a little concerned. This game having DLSS 3 will hopefully provide stability.

Rykan

I'm not entirely surprised about this type of character being a weirdo in general... But WHAT THE FUCK he's even talking about in that article about having a... miscarriage?
That's how that goes. One day she decided that she is now "Non-binary" which means that you can join the Transgender club without actually having to do anything. She can look, act and even use female anatomy functions to procreate while still demanding special treatment and, most importantly, victimize when things don't go her way.

Last edited:
Are you sure? She's cute or something.

I feel offended...😐

Anyway, HL will sell like hotcakes, and possibly break a couple of records (provided it is good enough not to elicit negative word of mouth). Ree, after a taste of this "dire" reality:

bKNnUsr.gif

Last edited:

Krathoon

Wow. ResetEra totally banned talking about Hogwarts Legacy. That is nuts. Sorry if I am late to the party.

Edit: Yeah. I see it was mentioned earlier. I am surprised they haven't banned me.

Last edited:

Sojiro

Wow. ResetEra totally banned talking about Hogwarts Legacy. That is nuts. Sorry if I am late to the party.

Edit: Yeah. I see it was mentioned earlier. I am surprised they haven't banned me.
Surprised they haven't honestly. I haven't been over there for months now, but I knew at one point, or maybe just for some posters, they were doing witch hunts of banning people that had accounts at both places and were posting.

Not at all surprised they completely shut down any discussion of the game. The admins over there love to flaunt their power, and I can imagine quite a few people caught a ban for letting people know they look forward to the game. No amount of banning is going to change how well this game will do, but I guess if we just pretend it doesn't exist, feelings won't be hurt lol.

On another note, it is such a nice feeling of not having to post feeling like you're walking on eggshells, and that you might offend an admin having a bad day. I have posted on gaf way more than over there since coming back, and don't miss being over there at all, and haven't looked back 👍.

Last edited:

Krathoon

There is this tendency for some forums to turn into LGBTQ support forums when they are supposed to be forums for everyone.

Last edited:

Groundking

Neo Member
no, but she very likely receives royalties (probably something like $2/copy) for each sale. Era is big mad because JK uses her money and influence towards politicians/laws that in their eyes hurt the rights of transpeople.

I hope none of them have EVER eaten at a Chick-fil-a, bought supplies from Hobby Lobby, or inadvertently done business with an entity that doesn't support the same views they have. Otherwise they'd be real homophobic, transphobic, or misogynistic pieces of shit.

The sad part is the trans community there is a minority that has Era by the balls. The community knows it and the half of the mods that don't agree with some of the hardline insanity know it too. But they've got enough people in mod/admin positions that there's not really anything they can do. That's why there's "no discussion of or advocation" in regards to the ban itself -- they know they wouldn't win and any thread would just devolve into a screaming match.

The saddest part is I'd be willing to say the vast majority of the Era community does actually support LGBTQ+ rights and has no issue with any of them. But continuously calling people transphobic or a piece of shit for wanting to play a video game isn't how you keep people in your corner. The continuous gatekeeping, morality tests and virtue signaling grows tiresome. They've got to learn that there IS a difference between someone that actually dislikes your very existence and someone who's enjoying a piece of entertainment that gives a downstream dollar to someone that dislikes you. There IS a difference between Harvey Weinstein and Aziz Ansari.

This is getting into a bit of a side rant but I really feel that modern culture has a disease of perpetual victimhood. EVERYBODY wants to be a victim. Amber Heard wanted to be a victim. But Johnny wanted to be the victim too. Kyle Rittenhouse was a victim of the scary rioters and just "had" to defend himself. A former US President was the victim of the meanie mainstream media. Do something I disagree with? Now I feel unsafe so I'm a victim too.
The hardliners are trapped in a purity spiral

GymWolf

This is such a disingenuous mindset. It’s obvious this game has been given significantly more development, manpower, money, and love than their other games. It’s been in the works for 5+ years by people that love the source material. It could have generic combat and dialogue, but in reality the love poured into the environment and immersion is going to make the game a massive success for most people. And even then, they’ve shown how the combat works and it looks fairly entertaining, very Arkham-esque.

It’s not going to be Elden Ring or TLoU with their respective strengths, but you would have to be crazy to expect that. What this COULD be though is a big first step for a developer in learning how to create higher quality games. It should be exciting to see what comes from all of this.
I'm sorry what? Another game plagued by the fucking free flow combat system?

It didn't looked that similar to batman tbh.

shaddam

I preordered the game only because some crazy in my country's small twitter sphere is calling everybody a nazi who is not boycotting the game. I also let them know that this is the only reason I preordered.
I read the books and saw the movies but I was not interested enought to buy it on full price. I hope the game will be good and Rowling will tweet a thank you message to everybody:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Oh and the funny thing: a really infamous (he has serious problems) trans gamer in my country is on the anti boycotting side and trolling hard the white cishet woman boycotters.

JackSparr0w

Banned

Easy on the misandry dude. The only thing women worry about is that the man will ask them to pay their share of the bill like they should.

Statistically men are way more likely to be assaulted when in public than women so stop spreading crap.

Last edited:

Raven77

Are there images of the full map?

Also, in the game world, are there things to collect that let you level up faster, learn new spells, stuff like that.

Lastly, is there a full true day night cycle? I've been wondering if you can actually be out of your common room after certain hours without the game sort of like having a teacher find you and transport you back no matter what happens. As in, it turns night but no matter what you do you can't actually be out of your common room for very long.

Are there images of the full map?

Also, in the game world, are there things to collect that let you level up faster, learn new spells, stuff like that.

Lastly, is there a full true day night cycle? I've been wondering if you can actually be out of your common room after certain hours without the game sort of like having a teacher find you and transport you back no matter what happens. As in, it turns night but no matter what you do you can't actually be out of your common room for very long.

I don’t think there are any images of the full map.

There are things you can collect, I think there’s things like history notes, gear, maybe spells, each earn you XP.

There is a day night cycle, they haven’t shown it off, but they did mention that Hogwarts is a different castle to explore at night.

Top Bottom