• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Official Cinematic Trailer Released

mortal

Don’t watch this, millions will literally die if you hit that play button.
stimpy-red-button.gif

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Two things. 1) That Owl needs Google Maps and WAZE! because they took absolutely the worst path possible to deliver that message, and C) this is clearly a "Yes, the world is much more varied and lived than just a bunch of forests with Goblors surrounding Wizard College" trailer.

. . .which is good, fairly easy way of showing off how expansive they wanted to go with this game.

jaysius

Banned
The latest leak that shows 3 main stats, DEFENSE OFFENSE HEALTH, really feels like a shitty Destiny/ LOTR Checklist the Game asset swap.

I'm still hopeful that this doesn't catch the "many GAAS aspects, but NOT A GAAS" bug, it's looking worse every time though.

That and the extended combat is making this go from a I NEED THIS NOW to a... I'll get it on sale.

I hope devs learn that not EVERY SINGLE GAME need a gear grind.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

That owl was beautiful. Like ands said the varied world outside hogwarts looks dope. Plus we got a shout out halfway thru with a professor Weasley.

There's probably going to be a metric fuck ton of Easter eggs in this game. That'll be a fun meta game for us

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
- SNIP -

Just a heads up. I think she means you ought to make sure the sorting hat puts you in Gryffindor

. . .not even one page and we have to clog it up with this shit. Like can't this go in any of the NUMEROUS other threads about this?

Somebody forgot to tell the Death Eater analogue that in Harry Potter world it's pronounced "Avada Kedavra" not "Abracadabra"

Excited!

I didn't know this, but the guy clearly isn't saying "Abracadabra" - it does sound more like what you have in front, just muffled a bit through the music in the trailer.

It's just wild to me that there are entire forums dedicated to gaming where you literally can't acknowledge this game even exists. How do you have a gaming forum without being able to discuss the biggest launch of the next 3 months? This game is like a 15+ million seller, easily.

That's just wild to me. Game looks great! Got my Deluxe edition pre-ordered so I can get the early access; Fingers crossed it reviews well and lives up to the long wait and expectations! I have a feeling it will.

Last edited:

Just a heads up. I think she means you ought to make sure the sorting hat puts you in Gryffindor

Wow. I can’t believe people honestly think you are a bad person for playing this. What absolute nonsense. It’s just breathtaking.

Like, the 500+ people who have been working on the game at a studio that has essentially nothing to do with JK Rowling are the problem? So the logic is to pretend like every developer working on the game is a bad person, and everyone playing the game is a bad person, just because they don’t like JK Rowling?

That’s just insane. Plain and simple. Just pure madness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom