• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Official Cinematic Trailer Released

zomboden

Banned
Not a huge harry potter fan but still getting this day one. Looks like an amazing rpg. Day one series x. also could not care less about the controversy

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I completely missed the Harry Potter train as a kid. Hoping this will be a good entry point into his world. I definitely like magic, so it's up my alley in that sense.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I completely missed the Harry Potter train as a kid
Santa Claus What GIF by Freeform

Flabagast

WB really seem to have gone all-in on this one.

Still extremely cautious about the general game design and story & characters, but I'll sure check the game down the line.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Trailer is pretty generic, but it looks good enough. In terms of lore, it seems to convey the idea that it's taking the source material seriously, which is a good thing.

. . .not even one page and we have to clog it up with this shit. Like can't this go in any of the NUMEROUS other threads about this?

I didn't know this, but the guy clearly isn't saying "Abracadabra" - it does sound more like what you have in front, just muffled a bit through the music in the trailer.
I do hear Abracadabra, maybe he's saying it a bit rushed and the music confounds my ears

Raven77

imagine the thousands of resetera users who will have to go on pretending they didn't buy and play this game

Just like they pretend 90% of the products they own or use weren't manufactured under horrible working conditions, some even by children, using environment destroying materials such as lithium, etc...

Fuz

Banned
Last edited:

22:22:22

Banned
To much effort. But I have a good idea what's in that video.

Also: inclusion isn't woke.

Then again I didn't watch the video.

clown GIF

Trailer is lame, but will still buy it. It's been a long time since I've played a harry potter game, last one was a quidditch game on the OG Xbox

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Already bought. Cant wait!

I got the digital deluxe edition for that 72 hour head start and exclusive quest. I took that Thursday and Friday off work.

If this game turns out to suck, or have some botched delayed launch, I am going to be pissed.

Nydius

Gold Member
The absolute hilarity, at least in my case, was I had decided I wanted the game after watching the first gameplay reveal but I didn't know much of anything regarding the Rowling crap on social media. Until all the people started stamping their feet about the game and JKR, which led me to dig into the whole supposed controversy (that I otherwise wouldn't have known about), where I realized their outrage was completely manufactured, overblown, and Rowling didn't say anything wrong.

It was their own constant need for outrage that ended up 'radicalizing' me against them. So, good job to them, I guess? Meanwhile, my view on the game has never changed: I liked what I saw, and want to play it.

Top Bottom