• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Officialy Announced

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

Mad that in a company made up off hundreds of employees that's some of them turned out to be a bit iffy... Who would've fucking guessed...

I'm guessing the cunts over at Reeee must be wetting their man pants over this revelation, ima gonna head over an see how long I can hack reading their drivel

Last edited:

Majmun

I really want to play this game. But I’m glad it got delayed to 2022. I want this to be a near perfect Harry Potter game.

Even if Trump and Geert Wilders would be part of the dev team, I would still play it. I really need a good Harry Potter game.

THEAP99

Banned
Oh you're now turning this place into that shithole of Resetera. Take that politics and cancel culture over that spider nest and let enjoy and criticize wether the game is good or not and not on who the fuck is working on it tweeted this and that.
lol i shared the tweet because of how silly this is, not because i am now not getting the game due to whatever one of the devs posted on youtube. i am still interested the game and most importantly it needs to be complete and polished for launcH!

Elysion

Banned
'Far right'? Those video thumbnails look like the typical milquetoast 'anti-SJW' centrism that we’ve seen from people like Sargon for years. Though if someone like that is lead designer then at least chances are good that the game won’t be too retardedly woke.

It would be kind of funny if people who are genuinely woke refuse to work on this game because of the 'controversy' regarding JKR, which leaves the studio no choice but to hire anti-woke developers, lol.

PwmSG2z.jpg

Spokker

I had actually heard of Troy Leavitt before this. I had watched only one of his videos, "In Defense of John Lasseter," in which he talks about his own personal experiences with Lasseter.

He wasn't like a Steven Crowder type trying to dunk on "libs" or whatever. He explained his story and arguments very thoughtfully and without malice. I'll have to check out his other videos but he seems like a good guy with a different opinion.

MiguelItUp

Yeaaaah, looking at the picture I don't see anything that's necessarily "anti-fem" or "pro GG".

If anything it's someone that clearly isn't interested in radical SJW/SJW-esque related themes. Also, if they ARE far right, does that mean they should be fired? Jesus Christ.

With ALL of the people I've worked with over the years, god knows what they do at home. Or how they act. But at work, if they're a great person, do great work, and fit in with the environment then that's all that generally matters. Obviously if it's discovered that the person is a radical racist, sexist, etc. then of course it's an issue. But this situation doesn't look like that at all.

Also however they feel about politics really shouldn't fucking matter. Hell, I've worked with some awesome people over the years that I know wouldn't agree with me on a number of topics. But they were still great and hard-working people!

McCheese

wait, when did being anti-feminist make you a bad person? from my personal observations, men who brag about being feminists online usually end up being outed as sex-pests eventually. Edit :ahh, no politics talk - can we have a breakout thread for this? seems like it's another case of cancel culture.

The game itself is in a tricky place already, they already had to come out with that statement saying J K isn't directly involved, not sure how your average HP fan thinks of her these days (didn't she say a bunch of dumb stuff like wizards shit in their hands then vanish it?) but seems counter-productive to have to disown your IP based game from, well, the IP.

Last edited:
If the lead designer becomes a liability for the game, I don't think Warner Bros would hesitate in firing him. At the end of the day, there's going to be someone with shitty opinions working on a video game. The industry has a very diverse group of people working there, and yes that includes those who don't politically align with you. The dude's a typical reactionary/culture war commentator. Nothing shocking tbh. At the end of the day, this likely doesn't influence the game that much (he isn't a creative director after all, so his influence could only go so far). People freaking out over it were probably not going to buy it in the first place anyway.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
wait, when did being anti-feminist make you a bad person? from my personal observations, men who brag about being feminists online usually end up being outed as sex-pests eventually. Edit :ahh, no politics talk - can we have a breakout thread for this? seems like it's another case of cancel culture.

The game itself is in a tricky place already, they already had to come out with that statement saying J K isn't directly involved, not sure how your average HP fan thinks of her these days (didn't she say a bunch of dumb stuff like wizards shit in their hands then vanish it?) but seems counter-productive to have to disown your IP based game from, well, the IP.
A breakoff topic would be preferred.

Kumomeme

i get the concern but c'mon...this is not REEEEE

despite tons of console wars here, what i appreciate being here is how people less care about politics, but more about games, tech and industry while that side, spend more time on unnecessary politics with hivemind like of mentality.

Pierce Sheridan GIF by One Day At A Time

Last edited:
Mad that in a company made up off hundreds of employees that's some of them turned out to be a bit iffy... Who would've fucking guessed...

I'm guessing the cunts over at Reeee must be wetting their man pants over this revelation, ima gonna head over an see how long I can hack reading their drivel
"I want to make something clear here - I'm not trying to "cancel" anyone."

Ok, just a dog whistle! What damage could it do to anyone?
I hope no one go deep into his personal life too and if anyone does, I hope no one finds a historic of CP, harassment, abuse and other bad stuff that is common among lefty people who does that not-so-subtle cancelling and dog whisting. Really!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
get this resetera pish out of here. don't turn into that cesspit please.

i'm super excited for this game. it's what i've been wanting for years. i need a good harry potter game to play. i've been playing the old PS2 ones. i loved exploring hogwarts in OOTP/HBP. i think those were the ones that had the most freedom to explore.

ManaByte

Gold Member
"In Defense of John Lasseter," in which he talks about his own personal experiences with Lasseter.
I saw Lasseter in person once. I was behind him at Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian when they were opening Cars Land at DCA and he was about to rip a poor Cast Member's head off because they didn't have an open table for him. That's my own personal experience with Lasseter.

Last edited:

mhirano

Who cares?
If the game is good I'm buying two copies to compensate some sensible snowflake that will boycott this game for dumb reasons.

Furanshi

Neo Member
Since when is being pro GG a bad thing? The rollback is pretty smooth and the roster shaped up to be pretty good.

Anyway, this changes nothing for me personally. I'll be eagerly awaiting more news regarding this project. That trailer did it for me.

SJW fans weren't going to buy this anyway.

Fuck JK Rowling you fucking terf
Fuck Chun Li you fucking terf
Fuck the Timex Watch sitting inocouslly on my mantelpiece YOU FUCKING TERF!

Umbasaborne

Banned
Is it just me or is the term far right a bit or a overstatement here I mean when I think far right I think aryan prison gangs people with swastika tattoos etc not you tubers. I’m guessing the dweeb ‘journalist’ went through his videos to find the most offensive titles and even doing that these are pretty run of the mill.
To these people conservative = nazi. There is no in between for them. I was deep in there once, i believed all the rhetoric. The loudest voices are the ones that get to make all the liberal purity rules. Everyone else either falls in line or is labelled a literal nazi. If you question an allogation made against someone for racism or sexual assault, or would prefer to wait for all of the details to come out instead of immediatley calling to end someones carreer on a whim, than the far left calls you a nazi, no matter who you voted for, or what causes you’ve fought for before.

i fell in line, followed all the rules, and was afraid to question anything because i was scared that if i did, I would be labeled a nazi or far/alt-right sympathizer. Joe biden believes in reaching across the isle, some of these lunatics would rather the other side of the isle be mass arrested or banished or something.

its so fucking toxic, and social media has made it one thousand times worse.

sorry for going on a political tangent. My
Time in those ultra liberal circles really fucked me up in some ways. Its like i have my blind fold off now, and now you can see that the world isn’t as black and white as the political extremists want it to be. Sadly the political extremists are the only ones who get their voices heard.

THEAP99

Banned
Is it just me or is the term far right a bit or a overstatement here I mean when I think far right I think aryan prison gangs people with swastika tattoos etc not you tubers. I’m guessing the dweeb ‘journalist’ went through his videos to find the most offensive titles and even doing that these are pretty run of the mill.
Far right on the poltical compass to me is libertarianism economically. Alt right is what I'd probably refer to all the tattoos and Neo Nazis

Last edited:

Arkam

Seeing this thread with recent posts got me excited for news about the game.... instead it was just junior high drama about someone's personal life. Lame. Its bad enough we have to live with the delay to 2022 without this crap popping up and reminding us.

x@3f*oo_e!

remember that part in the movie where voldemort made ron have a vision or harry and hermione making out naked? That shit was weird, sex and harry potter don't go together.
Same reason there's no sex in hobbit / LOTR .. whatever reason that is

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Same reason there's no sex in hobbit / LOTR .. whatever reason that is

im not convinced sam and frodo weren’t messing around when they werent being filmed. Those longing looks they keep giving eachother. Gollem probably watched the whole thing with giddyness ...

lol but seriously, yes, its always weird when that stuff pops up in these properties. I sincerely hope there aren’t sex scenes in amazons show. Lord of the rings should not be like game of thrones.

Back on topic to the game. This game is literally something ive wanted for 20 years. I hope the entire castle is explorable. Every room, secret passage, every bit of the forbidden forest. A little frustrated with the delay. All they said was 2022. Is that spring, summer fall? If i were to guess id say fall, if fantastic beasts 3 is next november, they probably want those releases to line up. But man, its gonna be a barren 2021 in terms of big next gen games

Last edited:

dyergram

To these people conservative = nazi. There is no in between for them. I was deep in there once, i believed all the rhetoric. The loudest voices are the ones that get to make all the liberal purity rules. Everyone else either falls in line or is labelled a literal nazi. If you question an allogation made against someone for racism or sexual assault, or would prefer to wait for all of the details to come out instead of immediatley calling to end someones carreer on a whim, than the far left calls you a nazi, no matter who you voted for, or what causes you’ve fought for before.

i fell in line, followed all the rules, and was afraid to question anything because i was scared that if i did, I would be labeled a nazi or far/alt-right sympathizer. Joe biden believes in reaching across the isle, some of these lunatics would rather the other side of the isle be mass arrested or banished or something.

its so fucking toxic, and social media has made it one thousand times worse.

sorry for going on a political tangent. My
Time in those ultra liberal circles really fucked me up in some ways. Its like i have my blind fold off now, and now you can see that the world isn’t as black and white as the political extremists want it to be. Sadly the political extremists are the only ones who get their voices heard.
No need to apologise I respect anyone that can question themselves evaluate and then to decide to be their own person.

x@3f*oo_e!

im not convinced sam and frodo weren’t messing around when they werent being filmed. Those longing looks they keep giving eachother. Gollem probably watched the whole thing with giddyness ...

lol but seriously, yes, its always weird when that stuff pops up in these properties. I sincerely hope there aren’t sex scenes in amazons show. Lord of the rings should not be like game of thrones.

Back on topic to the game. This game is literally something ive wanted for 20 years. I hope the entire castle is explorable. Every room, secret passage, every bit of the forbidden forest. A little frustrated with the delay. All they said was 2022. Is that spring, summer fall? If i were to guess id say fall, if fantastic beasts 3 is next november, they probably want those releases to line up. But man, its gonna be a barren 2021 in terms of big next gen games
I know. The whole "[Sam] I'll carry you Mr. Frodo" scene was very cringe, and he wasn't much better in the books...

So far the game looks great, or better. Almost too good.

Can we please stop this bullshit of "cancelling" people because of some shit they said. Who gives a flying FUCK! Don't want to play the game? Don't buy it and move on. Don't ruin it for people who just want to play and don't care about this BS.

remember that part in the movie where voldemort made ron have a vision or harry and hermione making out naked? That shit was weird, sex and harry potter don't go together.

I dunno about anyone else, but I was eagerly awaiting Cho Chang's 16th birthday so I could knock one out without fear of being locked up.

Hydelol

Banned
Stop giving these people power by validating their shitposting on twitter. WHO CARES what some idiot on twitter posts about someone? Instead, you keep talking about a random twitter post, as if that would mean ANYTHING in the REAL world.

Hinedorf

Banned
What exactly is the point of exposing this information if not to ruin somebody's life/career and also possibly disrupt the development of a much anticipated game.

I read that Kotaku article like a hit piece. Doesn't seem to mention any positives about the person other than shining a magnifying glass on his opinions which....ARE HIS OPINIONS.

Granted I don't agree with him in any regard and if I didn't THINK FOR MYSELF I could easily see lemmings do the pile on factor and petition for his removal without any knowledge of the actual person aside from the hit piece.

Fact: Most people are assholes who you'd probably disagree with.
Truth: Disagreeing with people isn't a reason to fuck their life over.

Top Bottom