• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I appreciate the Review thread and, let’s be real honest here, Draugoth Draugoth does great work on the OT’s they have done in the past for the site.

Just call this one the pre-release OT and mortal can have their OT on Thursday.

Also, only my opinion here, but waiting until Thursday for an OT thread, when the game for all intents and purposes launches tomorrow, would have been an Unforgivable Curse.

Leeeettttssssssss goooooooooooooooo!

Krathoon

I assume the Deluxe version will unlock on the 7th on Steam. It is saying the 10th.
They keep making that confusing.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
mortal mortal
200.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
I appreciate the Review thread and, let’s be real honest here, Draugoth Draugoth does great work on the OT’s they have done in the past for the site.

Just call this one the pre-release OT and mortal can have their OT on Thursday.

Also, only my opinion here, but waiting until Thursday for an OT thread, when the game for all intents and purposes launches tomorrow, would have been an Unforgivable Curse.

Leeeettttssssssss goooooooooooooooo!
Yeah I'm easy just I know mortal puts a few days work in. So maybe a hype and release one. Maybe the mods can merge. I'm not sure how that works with dates tho.

Nico_D

Deluxe edition bought. My first time ever buying anything else but standard edition. I feel special. (Just wanted to start playing tomorrow.)

Went with PS5 because of dualsense.

Nameless

GMG has the Deluxe Edition for $59 and are already sending out Steam keys. Only thing I was waiting for before pre-ordering was to confirm the game wasn't a broken/unfinished dumpster fire or anything. Seeing the amount of people genuinely loving it is a nice bonus.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Looking at this, and coming straight from it, I'm glad I didn't play mage on Elden Ring.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Besides the final boss

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Series X version is a play anywhere title or not? Also as a fun little thought experiment, is Era going to go so far as to check gamer profiles of members and punish those that play the game? :messenger_squinting_tongue: I kid. I hope that everyone that wants to play it does so and enjoys it. I'm indifferent to HP as a franchise but my kids will be playing this come the weekend.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Does anyone know if Series X version is a play anywhere title or not? Also as a fun little thought experiment, is Era going to go so far as to check gamer profiles of members and punish those that play the game? :messenger_squinting_tongue: I kid. I hope that everyone that wants to play it does so and enjoys it. I'm indifferent to HP as a franchise but my kids will be playing this come the weekend.

You can only play it on the console(s)

Last edited:

nikos

Nice OT!

Didn't grow up on Harry Potter but watched and enjoyed all of the films as an adult. Really excited to get into it tomorrow.

sertopico

Thx for posting this, I was about to do the preorder. Ok, the game still doesn't have this so-called performance patch but I wouldn't take my chances anyway nowadays, given how current "triple a" titles are published. Paying extra to play a broken game a couple of days before is silly.

dottme

The only thing I’m worried is that next gen version performance looks to be tough. I’m worried for the PS4 version I’m looking for.

nikos

Curious to see the keybinds/UI for mouse and keyboard. Heard you can equip up to 16 spells. I'd really rather not play this with a controller.

Gojeran

Really want to pick this up early and start playing but can’t decide PC or PS5. I have a fairly powerful PC (3080 rig) so usually game on it but recent PC titles have me somewhat hesitant about that. PS5 dual sense support seems really cool and 3D audio support which sounded so good in DeS remaster. That being said I’d want to play in 60fps mode but is it really down to 1080p? That’s really low resolution to play at. I have a LG C1 so I’ll have VRR support too but so far haven’t gotten any real evidence of what the actual internal resolution is. If it was 1440p/60 with VRR or whatever I’d opt for PS5 for sure. Given the “controversy” around the game as well not sure how long it will take to get a proper performance analysis either.

Nameless

Really want to pick this up early and start playing but can’t decide PC or PS5. I have a fairly powerful PC (3080 rig) so usually game on it but recent PC titles have me somewhat hesitant about that. PS5 dual sense support seems really cool and 3D audio support which sounded so good in DeS remaster. That being said I’d want to play in 60fps mode but is it really down to 1080p? That’s really low resolution to play at. I have a LG C1 so I’ll have VRR support too but so far haven’t gotten any real evidence of what the actual internal resolution is. If it was 1440p/60 with VRR or whatever I’d opt for PS5 for sure. Given the “controversy” around the game as well not sure how long it will take to get a proper performance analysis either.

I honestly didn't even consider getting a console version due to the insane Mod potential here, alone. Spells, outfits, enemies, locations, other bits of WW/HP lore. The community is going to go nuts with this over the coming months/years.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I dominated in Charms class. Time for some Defense Against the Dark Arts action. Then I am going to try and find some ingredients to make this potion I learned.....

Edit: interesting that the first Slytherian member you meet is actually quite likeable. Seems like the kind of guy I'd have befriended back in school. Good sport, gracious loser. Totally different from Draco and his crew.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
fiizcKH.jpg

Tried to make my character look like I did in high school. I can't figure out how to equip my cosmetics, but I don't care - digging the default look.

Freeman76

Anyone know roughly what % of the story you need to do before you get a broom?

Loving this so far, want to long it out as much as poss so not rushing the story but also want to reach a point where I can fly everywhere lol

xrnzaaas

So the
innkeeper is a trans character?
That's the only woke thing bothering me when I'm listening to them talking and they're not just a minor character.

Freeman76

So the
innkeeper is a trans character?
That's the only woke thing bothering me when I'm listening to them talking and they're not just a minor character.

It is a shame they panndered to the nutjobs, but at the same time i'm 10 hours into the game and I came across him just the once.

Top Bottom