• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Played for three hours after the unlock. It’s solid fun, lots of little things to uncover in the castle and certainly more once you get a larger repertoire of spells. Combat is sufficient. The gear has a lot of charming aesthetics. Might actually get me to read the books afterwards.

SCB3

Is there really no way to upgrade to the deluxe version now? I pre ordered the Xbox Series X version and I'd have to buy the Deluxe outright to play earlier, kinda sucks tbh

EDIT: Nevermind, if you cancel the pre order, it gives you the credit back straight away, so did that and paid the extra

Last edited:

RPS37

Been downloading all day. The download was stuck at 50 percent for a couple hours. So it has taken about 10 hours.
Praying to God the high res texture pack doesn’t still have to download.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Cool, I restarted the game and was able to login to my WB Games account. They carried over my wand choice from the Wizarding World website: black walnut wood with a phoenix core 13 ¼" and hard flexibility. The guy in Ollivander's even seemed to hint that it was hard to control and demanded a truthful owner, which is what the site told me.

Man they're really hitting it out of the park with this one so far.

D23

the attention to detail in this game is amazing. Damn game is about to sell millions of copy and they deserved it. Well done dev!

SCB3

Yep, it's not unlocked yet. 6PM GMT (in 8 hours 42 minutes from this post).
Wait really? Xbox Series X|S is unlocked now, been playing it for a bout an hour

Speaking of, this first section, the attention to detail on Gringotts Bank is just incredible, I have it in Performance mode atm (I can only play at 1440p max on this monitor anyway) and its fantastic, the brightness is a little washed out so I'll knock that down a bit

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Wait really? Xbox Series X|S is unlocked now, been playing it for a bout an hour

Speaking of, this first section, the attention to detail on Gringotts Bank is just incredible, I have it in Performance mode atm (I can only play at 1440p max on this monitor anyway) and its fantastic, the brightness is a little washed out so I'll knock that down a bit

Enjoy, man. I'll join later today. Working on the house all day today. :messenger_confounded:

Kindela

Banned
Is it possible to play without the minimap perhaps? Playing Elden Ring made me realize how much more immersive it is to have your eyes on the actual in-game world the whole time.

Isn't that every Hufflepuff?
138.jpg

MirageMew2

Clocking out of a solid 5 hour run so far, this game is a blast. The combat on Hard mode is constantly keeping me on my toes and the world design and interiors are a serious next-gen (current-gen?) benchmark. First game since Demons Souls where everything is absolutely knocking my jaw to the floor, from the haptics to the audio to the presentation.

Mr.ODST

Clocking out of a solid 5 hour run so far, this game is a blast. The combat on Hard mode is constantly keeping me on my toes and the world design and interiors are a serious next-gen (current-gen?) benchmark. First game since Demons Souls where everything is absolutely knocking my jaw to the floor, from the haptics to the audio to the presentation.
Same I thought this during the first hour, I'm loving exploring and there is things everywhere that immerse you in the wizarding world, exceptional game so far

Really enjoying this 3 hours in. It’s clearly been made with so much passion, there is so much attention to detail.

Highly recommended if anybody is sitting on the fence. Runs very well on ps5 (performance mode).

Peroroncino

Bought the Deluxe Edition yesterday after the reviews hit.

Played before bed a bit, created my character (the male VA sounds like a talentless cuck, which is a shame since I'm stuck now with his mid performance), did the intro part until the title screen and so far so good.

Intro was short and sharp, spell casting is super enjoyable, was very surprised to see two deaths so early in. Gonna dive in fully today, but based on what I played, I'm expecting good things.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Haven't had a chance to play it yet (too busy with work), but will fire it up this weekend.

Everything I've seen so far makes it look like a solid RPG with some room to grow in a eventual sequel, such as adding Quidditch matches for example.

Luipadre

I played 2 hours before going to bed. Im not a HP fan at all, but this game screams quality on all front. Im playing on balanced mode on OLED and the game looks stunning and feels so smooth. Input lag is really low, game is responsive and the HDR looks amazing too. So much detail everywhere, music is awesome, animations so far are top tier too.

Nico_D

Got placed in Ravenclaw without trying anything particular. Couple of classes and one club later I'm pretty much sold.

Some characters have a very slight lipsync problem tho. Nothing bad.

Top Bottom