• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Thank God I'm on the last spell assignment I think. They easily become quite boring to do. They could have gone way more creative on this area.

Last edited:
It's hilarious people saying this stuff as if people haven't been joking about it already for the past twenty years. Guess what: you're not the first person to discover a plot hole in the Harry Potter series.
I see. Well this is the first time I paid attention to the series.

Thank God I'm on the last spell assignment I think. They easily become quite boring to do. They could have gone way more creative on this area.
I haven't done the last 2, but so far it seems like the purpose of the assignments are just to expose you to all of the consumables and show you how to make them. Probably because a lot of people tend to ignore consumable items entirely.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
nubvLmQ.jpg

Well it was a hell of a ride but I think I'm done for now, might come back later for the platinum.

But it was fun to see how many cool looking sets you could make with the ingame selection.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Just finished the game last night, what a great time I had. I wouldn't say I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, I enjoy the movies for sure but I think I fall somewhere far below huge fan and this game was so much fun and enjoyment for me from beginning to end (outside of WAY to many Merlin trials). Easily a GOTY contender so early in the year, hope they do another game in this universe, would gladly re-enroll at Hogwarts again.

Dthomp

I've finished the game. I wanted to %100 it but I gave up

3 more achivements for 3 other houses where you need to play all the way up to the map chamber section in hogwarts. nope.

apparently butterflies also count towards %100 completion through "Collections". and I miss 2 of them out of 15. There are some maps online but this is too much.

then comes the biggest problematic of it: use ancient magic (r1+l1 combo) on every enemy type. for starters, I never used this combo too much. my build was focused on swapping spell sets constantly and using a lot of ancient throw instead (which does not count towards the damned achievement). now I have no idea out of 34 type of enemies which ones I used L1+R1 combo.

well there it is at 40/45, I'm ending my journey. I will visit the hogwarts a bit more since I still see some random events occur! They are fun too. Like Black stopping some Slytherin from bullying a Hufflepuff.

overall game was great ! I enjoyed it a lot.

Depending on what system you are on, the counter can be glitched on PS5. I'm sitting at 100% completion got all 12 of the chests in the Room of Requirement and all 15 Butterflies but it thinks I'm missing 2 items still. They are aware and I think said to have a patch hitting pretty quick so hoping that fixes it. All I need after that is the other 3 houses trophies.

Sometimes I platinum games within 2-3 weeks of release, sometimes within 2-3 months, and sometimes within 2-3 years. If they add NG+ it'll definitely be one of the former two.

Also if you Revelio while on your broom it'll show everything for a huge distance around you so you can just ping around and not need to constantly open your map to mark things.

yamaci17

Depending on what system you are on, the counter can be glitched on PS5. I'm sitting at 100% completion got all 12 of the chests in the Room of Requirement and all 15 Butterflies but it thinks I'm missing 2 items still. They are aware and I think said to have a patch hitting pretty quick so hoping that fixes it. All I need after that is the other 3 houses trophies.
i've ended up getting %100 collections achievement
but 3 hourse trophies gonna be damning. beating every enemy type with l1+r1 too

i've ended up getting %100 collections achievement
but 3 hourse trophies gonna be damning. beating every enemy type with l1+r1 too
Got the ancient magic trophy but there are still so many collectibles left…. Platin will take a while but that’s okay as I’m still enjoying my time.

Certinty

Enjoying the side content more than the main story to be honest. The “trials” are probably the worst quests I’ve come across thus far.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Fellow PS5 users who just patched: is it just me, or is the broom now turning way faster and sharper than it used to, or is it just me?

And when close to the ground, the boost bar (yellow gauge) looks like it is lit afire and I have endless L2 boost speed. Was that a thing before?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
will there be any issue if I start skipping some side quests and relationship quests?
Will they don’t like me and this will matter in main story?

I feel like they made a big deal out of Simon Pegg being the headmaster, but his role in this is just a substantial as Patrick Stewart’s in Oblivion, in which it was almost nonexistent.

Last edited:
I feel like they made a big deal out of Simon Pegg being the headmaster, but his role in this is just a substantial as Patrick Stewart’s in Oblivion, in which it was almost nonexistent.
I knew he was in the game but I didn't pay attention to who. I would never have guessed he was the HM. He is such a douche I hate him. Pegg deserves better.

Mr Moose

What exactly did the PS5 update bring to the table?

Hogwarts Legacy Update PS5 and PC February 17th​

Bug Fixes:

• PS5 Patch01.000.004
      • Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking
      • Added additional retry connections to WB Games server in the event session expired
  • Gameplay
    • Trophies
      • Fixed a trophy cap limit resolving the Collector's Editiontrophy not updating correctly. This will retroactively unlock and display all earned trophies earned by the player. This resolves the following reported issues: HL-1191 .
    • Owl Mail
      • Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering a sequential mission
    • World Events
      • Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawn
    • NPC
      • Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
      • Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
    • Characters
      • Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
    • UI
      • Updated localization text for additional content items
      • Added Build version to first time EULA
      • Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
    • Cinematics
      • Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
      • Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
      • Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
    • Save Game
    • Performance and Stability
      • Improved performance on Fidelity mode
      • Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
      • Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
      • Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
      • Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
      • Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
      • Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313
      • Fixed a crash when trying to solve a Flying Cabinet

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Hogwarts Legacy Update PS5 and PC February 17th​

Bug Fixes:

• PS5 Patch01.000.004
      • Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking
      • Added additional retry connections to WB Games server in the event session expired
  • Gameplay
    • Trophies
      • Fixed a trophy cap limit resolving the Collector's Editiontrophy not updating correctly. This will retroactively unlock and display all earned trophies earned by the player. This resolves the following reported issues: HL-1191 .
    • Owl Mail
      • Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering a sequential mission
    • World Events
      • Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawn
    • NPC
      • Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world
      • Fixed crash with some NPC schedules
    • Characters
      • Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present
    • UI
      • Updated localization text for additional content items
      • Added Build version to first time EULA
      • Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly
    • Cinematics
      • Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation
      • Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes
      • Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics
    • Save Game
    • Performance and Stability
      • Improved performance on Fidelity mode
      • Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map
      • Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets
      • Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping
      • Fixed a rare crash with map assets state
      • Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events
      • Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313
      • Fixed a crash when trying to solve a Flying Cabinet
So no voice fix for robot voice audio? Great.

Also is it just me or the fog effect seems a bit toned down?

Hugare

Fellow PS5 users who just patched: is it just me, or is the broom now turning way faster and sharper than it used to, or is it just me?

And when close to the ground, the boost bar (yellow gauge) looks like it is lit afire and I have endless L2 boost speed. Was that a thing before?
Havent updated it yet, but the boost bar thing was always present. It looks that way to indicate that you can use boost as much as you want when flying close to the ground.

Biggest improvement in the patch for me was they fixed the delay making commands holding L1/LB. Most of my deaths were me trying to pull out the broom and ending up dodging off a cliff instead 🤣

Last edited:
Biggest improvement in the patch for me was they fixed the delay making commands holding L1/LB. Most of my deaths were me trying to pull out the broom and ending up dodging off a cliff instead 🤣
How high were these cliffs? I've taken huge falls and only lost like 1% of my health. Also, if this does happen, you can still pull out your broom when falling.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
There's a dragon flying around my world map now. I wonder if one can go see them? Anyone ever seen a dragon in the open world?

How high were these cliffs? I've taken huge falls and only lost like 1% of my health. Also, if this does happen, you can still pull out your broom when falling.
Fall damage only occurs in certain circumstances. The most important one is during combat. Also during main quests, it's possible to fall to your death in the open world, but in dungeons if you fall into a pit it just resets you at the room entrance.

Fall damage only occurs in certain circumstances. The most important one is during combat. Also during main quests, it's possible to fall to your death in the open world, but in dungeons if you fall into a pit it just resets you at the room entrance.

Ah I see, during combat. Have never fallen in that situation. That explains why Depulsoing someone off a cliff is lethal.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Eh, what? I'm playing on the exact same mode and game looks washed out as fuck. PS5 or XBSX?

PS5. The time of day also makes a difference, I guess ? The game also goes through different seasons as you progress the story. Not sure, haven't done any modifications to it.

edit: What Mr Moose Mr Moose said. My consoles and display handshake full RGB so that's what I use.

There's a dragon flying around my world map now. I wonder if one can go see them? Anyone ever seen a dragon in the open world?

Yes, I think that is one of the final parts of one of your fellow students side quest line.

Last edited:
Quite a few places around Hogwarts got me killed trying to pull it out. And I did try to pull it out while falling but I just couldn’t wire my brain to not try to do it even faster in panic.

Top Bottom