• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy returns to No.1 after PS4 and Xbox One launch | UK Boxed Charts Star Wars Jedi: Survivor drops to No.2 after a 68% drop in sales

onQ123

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor drops to No.2 after a 68% drop in sales week-on-week

The launch of Hogwarts Legacy on PS4 and Xbox One has fired the Harry Potter spin-off back to No.1 in the UK boxed charts.

The game delivered record breaking launch numbers when it arrived on PS5 and Xbox Series S and X. The PS4 and Xbox One launch isn't anywhere near that scale, but these versions are still the fourth biggest releases of the year, behind Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Resident Evil 4 remake, but ahead of Dead Island 2.

That means that Star Wars' one-week stay at the top of the UK boxed charts is over. The game is down to No.2 after a 68% drop in sales week-on-week.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor's physical launch last week was down a third over the release of its predecessor, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in 2019. But actually, with digital (which came in at the end of the week) launch sales were up 30% over Fallen Order.

This is because digital accounted for practically two thirds of Survivor's sales, whereas it only accounted for just over a third of Fallen Order's launch numbers (digital data courtesy of GSD).

To complete the Top Five, Dead Island 2 drops a place to No.3 after a 51% drop in sales. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe holds No.4, and FIFA 23 is at No.5 (sales down 4% week-on-week).

Other recent release, Minecraft Legends (launched three weeks ago) hangs on in the Top Ten at No.10 after a 2% drop in sales week-on-week.
in

csqPPbF.png

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/hogwa...after-ps4-and-xbox-one-launch-uk-boxed-charts

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I knew this would be yet another great start for Hogwarts since the PS4 version just launched. Not sure how the Switch will fairs, but I'm confident that one will also greatly boost sales as well.

Someone needs to convince Rowling to use 0.01% of her royalties from the game to buy ResetEra.

That place is better left alone to see how much of importance they have. They are nobodies.

Last edited:

Woopah

The legs this game have is insane. And is not even had the Nintendo Switch version.

And as usual MK8 reach the immortality state.
Now let's wait for the Switch version... I'm so curious to see how the Switch will handle this game. Maybe it is worthy of a John Lineman's impossible switch port video.
WB Games themsevles seem pretty confident in the Switch port, so I'm expexting it to be a solid effort:

"I think the other big one is the Nintendo Switch release that will come later this year. We see that as probably a much bigger install base and fan base that as it relates to the franchise of Harry Potter, obviously appeals to a very big audience globally.

"In the market side, Japan where Nintendo has a big footprint, and Harry Potter skews very strongly in terms of popularity. We see a much bigger upside from that release than Gen 8."

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9135...switch-version-expected-to-be-huge/index.html

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's shit tons more old gen systems, but who know how may are active when were now almost 3 years into new gen.

Reasonably speaking, sales can double?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
And I got my Merlin robe the other day when Avalanche decided to stream on Twitch. (y)

I just hope Avalanche doesn't undergo any kind of wild shakeups following the massive success of this game. I am so looking forward to whatever kind of sequel they have cooking.

WoJ

Pretty awesome to see. This game is something special. My non-gamer wife, who in the 10 years we have been together has never played a video game aside from Candy Crush is currently doing her third playthrough of the game. She is a HHUUUUGGGGEEEEE Harry Potter fan. That's the kind of reach it has.

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
More! more! more! more! (Tho i want it to go on sale and it won't as long as it sells like hot cakes, but it makes me happy to see the success it gets.)

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I thought that was a joke that UK was really into Harry Potter, but shit is for real

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This game is so good and so chill, I think it might be my goty so far.
To be clear.. my previous goty would be forspoken

Alebrije

This proves why companies are still targetting PS4 and Xbox one to relase games...they can left behind that money.

Seeing what they did for last gen consoles makes me think it's actually possible to get this to run on the Switch. I hope there's a sequel since that means they actually have to improve the gameplay and storytelling since they can't rely just rely on the novelty of the setting anymore.

Top Bottom