• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Some reviewers are calling it the best western open world in years, and notably the world design is described as astonishing with a ton of surprises, non duplicated assets, dedicated events, unique and weird content, and so on..

I pity people that will miss it for misplaced judgment.
Wow. thats big praise. I was expecting a ubisoft copy pasta.

FoRAgokXgAEYUoj

lmao. How did you get permabanned there? You never posted anything even remotely controversial on era. They must have seen you post here on gaf.
First time i was banned for console warring when i was only comparing PS and Xbox sales. Basically...facts. No weird remarks, nothing inflammatory. Some users even made jokes about that and how it was too much. Then every single time it was exactly for the same reason. since i already had a "history" of console warring they were on my toes.

Then i looked for another forum and that's when i found out about neogaf. I think i remember this place when i was way younger but i'm not 100% sure.

Let's put it this way: My behavior here is exactly the same as it was there. I rarely go inside topics that don't interest me, at most i may make some sarcastic comment but that's it. But i was never banned and i've been here for a while now. That says it all really.

But i won't say much more so i don't get a warning for being offtopic, which i am anyway :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, glad to see the game is good! I may buy it later!

Gideon

Damn I was expecting IGN to review bomb it but it looks like they got some big money from WB? The review reads like a 7 or 8 game but they gave it a 9 lmao

NickFire

Shame to see Eurogamer not covering this one.

But it is kind of hilarious to see some of these media outlets kick themselves in the balls like this. Literally supporting a direct threat to their own profession (censorship) while turning away the most traffic they will get in six months or more in all likelihood. It‘s like they see the games that flop over ideology as something to aspire to.

Game looks good but I'll also need to wait for a sale, kids cost too much damn money. Between preschool fees and having to buy a new tablet last week (iPad quit working, not their fault) it's been a pricey few weeks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

But it is kind of hilarious to see some of these media outlets kick themselves in the balls like this. Literally supporting a direct threat to their own profession (censorship) while turning away the most traffic they will get in six months or more in all likelihood. It‘s like they see the games that flop over ideology as something to aspire to.
Thats social media and weird gamers and some scared game sites for ya.

How often have you ever heard of Harry Potter movie goers and critics go ape shit over JK Rowling?

Vestal

Gold Member
They are really blowing what JK Rowling said out of proportion. God forbid that she, a woman, defend women.
its all a very complex and difficult subject to broach.. The conversation particularly around Trans rights and overall trans acceptance is a rather "novel" concept to the general public. Its honestly one, that I try to avoid at all cost. I am pro LGBTQ+ all the way, but it feels that I would need to hide in a bunker anonymously in order to talk about it. Any little detail can and will get misconstruded or taken out of context without fail.

The other place is walking down a very dangerous path of becoming marginalized themselves. By continuing to marginalize others through Purity tests or decrees they are not only loosing contributions from more level minded and balanced individuals, but they are becoming exactly what they claim to be against.

Last edited:

Valt7786

It's not too surprising that they haven't tbh. They used to be my go-to gaming news place but since they had that Ed Nightingale writing articles it's gone completely REEEE. I'd bet money he threw a tantrum to stop them from covering it.

kiryani

This is genuinely going to be a LOT of peoples GOAT game.

Not to mention, the castle is created, the map is huge, the lore is unimaginable and the potential income is infinite.

We’re going to be getting some serious DLC here, the inevitable Quidditch addition, house based extra storylines and good lord in heaven we are definitely going to be getting a sequel.

This is the first addition in a series that has every single attribute to be the highest selling series of the generation.

Harry Potter sold more books than any book ever written, it probably has the biggest fanbase on the planet, and its audience is at the absolute peak of both spending ability and interest in gaming.

The Hogwarts series will be second only to GTA, within 10 years.

Expecto fucking Sales, boys.

oji-san

Banned

Perhaps it a matter that they haven't got their copy yet, if not and for other reason they won't review it then it's wild. I can't believe they won't review it.
Just remember folks that like you can boycott so as others can

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Some reviewers are calling it the best western open world in years, and notably the world design is described as astonishing with a ton of surprises, non duplicated assets, dedicated events, unique and weird content, and so on..

I pity people that will miss it for misplaced judgment.

Which reviews? I’d like to watch them

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Perhaps it a matter that they haven't got their copy yet, if not and for other reason they won't review it then it's wild. I can't believe they won't review it.
One of the EG tweets said they didn't receive a review copy yet. And wont be until launch day! lol

NickFire

Ive seen claims they haven’t gotten a copy yet and will decide on reviewing it after they do. Which, if true, strikes me as a thinly veiled cop out considering their prior lack of coverage and continued uncertainty over how they will cover it. Probably realized they made a horrible mistake and don’t know what to do now.

Krathoon

Ah. It seems like my PS5 version might deliver tomorrow. They are already packaging it.

It is starting to seem like the Elder Scrolls of the wizarding world. They crammed in the content.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I wonder if these SJW will choose not to play or buy Atomic Heart, will be interesting to watch.

Puscifer

How on earth did this get over 60k likes?

Imagine getting mad over a children's game. I'm sure Hogwarts is great but I'm in my mid 30s, that Disney/Magic/Etc type shit isn't my interest anymore, I feel like this peaked in my mid 20s for it to come out but it's beyond sad to see people in their 30s and fucking 40s mad because the author of a book they ready 20 years in adolescent and young adulthood has views they disagree with. Jesus Fuck grow up!

Top Bottom