• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Think how much better it would of reviewed without the woke critics...

Or are we just gonna pretend that the critics weren't on Twitter for years now talking about how anyone who wants the game is a literal nazi

Which critics were saying that again? I'm not talking about Resetera mods.

Pallas

excited harry potter GIF

I cannot wait until my physical deluxe copy arrives in the mail. I’m so happy this game is reviewing great.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
watch the ACG review, the exploration and world design / detail looks amazing.
Yeah watching it right now. I don't know the guy so it's hard for me to gauge if his response to games is similar to mine. I am pretty impressed so far though. I just text my wife, who is a HP fan that she will want to get this one. She's just barely into Liurnia in Elden Ring though. :messenger_grimmacing_ I really want her to get further into it though.

Ar¢tos

I was expecting 70s, I'm pleasantly surprised.
I'll get it when it goes on sale for 20$ or 30$, depending on backlog. Certainly by then they will have fixed the useless loot problem.

Last edited:
Yeah watching it right now. I don't know the guy so it's hard for me to gauge if his response to games is similar to mine. I am pretty impressed so far though. I just text my wife, who is a HP fan that she will want to get this one. She's just barely into Liurnia in Elden Ring though. :messenger_grimmacing_ I really want her to get further into it though.
I watched his review and it wasn't that helpful. Seems like he's a hardcore HP fan. The footage was convincing that it's well made though. The detail in the school looks really neat, and I could see attending classes to actually be fun (unlike Persona). The open world stuff seems pretty standard and the combat didn't seem that great either, but supposedly it's all well made. Flying on a broom looks fun, and the 1800s setting is novel and original. The game seems to excel in story and lore also. It's pretty solid.

zcaa0g

Banned
From PC Gamer:

"But the fun of Hogwarts Legacy forms a unique set of conflicted feelings: I’m enjoying a game that’s an extension of JK Rowling, an anti-trans bigot(opens in new tab) who has spent the last few years applying her wealth and fame to promote an ideology that rejects and further marginalizes one of society's most vulnerable communities."

A professional reviewer would never veer off the subject matter like that. That was very immature and unprofessional. That loser will forever be making minimum wage and deserves it.

That reviewer authored one of the most insanely idiotic reviews I have ever read. At no point in their rambling, incoherent review were they even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who read that review is now dumber for having read it. I award that reviewer no likes, and may God have mercy on their soul.

kiryani

Just shows that the people freaking out about this are a loud minority as usual.

And yet we have a 30 page thread about them and the OT will probably also be a shit show.

Unfortunate, looking forward to this game.

I’m genuinely convinced that someone at RE has infiltrated them just to do what they’ve done.

They’ve managed to engineer a situation where by far, the most vocal critics about this game, are literally not allowed to band together and speak about it.

Think for a minute how insane that is. There could not have been a bigger win for the game than banning all discussion on the forum that would have beat it up the most.

GHG

Gold Member
Wanna know also but usually PC doesn't get Dualsense Support.
It was the same for Witcher 3 and Callisto Protocol and Dead Space.

The Witcher 3 does have dualsense support on PC. Not sure about the other 2 though.

But yeh, native support with all the trimmings is sparse.

Yeah, the way people were talking about this game as the second coming, I was expecting a lot of 10s haha. But I'm seeing more 7 and 8s. That's if I'm caring about numbers versus pros and cons.
Nah it was always an 8 kinda game. People hype it up because its an 8/10 harry potter AAA open world game which is one of a kind.

It’s at an 86 right now and I was expecting a 78-82… was considering refunding my pre order but glad I didn’t. Seems like the story is meh but they got the one thing I wanted right right. Exploration. If that’s right honestly the story matters little. Can’t wait. Part of me wants to put alittle more down for the extra 3 days but I’ll hold off.

amigastar

The Witcher 3 does have dualsense support on PC. Not sure about the other 2 though.

But yeh, native support with all the trimmings is sparse.
Yes, but from what i know Witcher 3 has only partial support for Dualsense on PC not fully like on the PS5.
Only Adaptive Triggers no Haptic feedback.

Last edited:

Verchod

Hmmmm. Very doubtful. Firstly, gaming sites giving a game 9/10 or equivalent really means it's probably 7/10. Also, it's avalanche so very unlikely to be a 9/10.
Having said that I really hope it is a good game

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I'm now seriously contemplating plopping the extra $10 down on my preorder to be able to play this a few days early. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Why do you guys care so much about Reset Era? Are a bunch you secretly on their payroll and drumming up impotent rage in an effort to increase traffic?

Also, good on Avalanche. Disney Infinity was the bomb.
Probably a lot of people here were banned or talked down to for some insane reason over there.

Even if not, they are alarmingly insane, narrow-minded, and bigoted, while preaching from a soap-box.

They’re insane and scary.

StueyDuck

Banned
Which critics were saying that again? I'm not talking about Resetera mods.
Jesus I don't dedicate time to doxxing like these lunatics do but there were definitely articles since announcement talking about how the game is pure evil..

Like I get it.. its cool to be contrarian, but at least let's not pretend like it never happened.

Just Google waypoint/vice/kotaku/fanbyte + hogwarts and you'll be bound to find answers

Remember an employee at WB even got doxxed and canceled and fired because of this game and all the hatred it was getting

Last edited:

NickFire

Awesome to see a dev graduate to well done big games.

And looks like the hype was worth it. Great start to the year in gaming.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I watched his review and it wasn't that helpful. Seems like he's a hardcore HP fan. The footage was convincing that it's well made though. The detail in the school looks really neat, and I could see attending classes to actually be fun (unlike Persona). The open world stuff seems pretty standard and the combat didn't seem that great either, but supposedly it's all well made. Flying on a broom looks fun, and the 1800s setting is novel and original. The game seems to excel in story and lore also. It's pretty solid.
Yeah, I want to actually watch uninterrupted gameplay to get an idea of what it's like to actually play. That's why I've abandoned reviews in the past few years in favor of watching play throughs on YT or Twitch.

Spyxos

Just bought it. Not a Harry Potter fan and probably I will never play it, but it is something that i want to support.

It would be interesting to know how many play it over at resetera secretly. And when it comes out if it is then insta ban?

Last edited:
I'm glad the game is reviewing really well, and that most reviewers seem to have reviewed it honestly.

I'm also glad that the "Bu-bu-bu Avalanche only makes shovelware games!" crap will finally end, because it's such a dumb take. Every dev has to start somewhere... Even Naughty Dog is the developer of one of the worst fighting games ever made.

Last edited:

Ghostage

The reviews got me to pre-order the deluxe edition. I have only read the first book and never watched any of the movies, the game looks soo good though.
Can't wait!

SaucyJack

Last edited:
Top Bottom