• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld Remastered Details + Voting on Mothership Replica for Collector's Edition

petghost

Banned
i know its basically taken for granted but why are so many people so incredibly down on gearbox? is it only about the colonial marines thing or are there some other instances of them fucking up? i know duke nukem was awful but man that seems like it would have sucked under basically any circumstances.

Lagamorph

Fuck it. Pre-ordered the collectors edition from Amazon.co.uk
That ship model... XD

I absolutely adored Homeworld back in the day and I really hope this does well enough for them to decide to make a third.
I'd be damned if I could beat some of the levels without resource cheating though....

DBT85

Any chance of this running on weaker hardware?

If not, are the original awailable digitally anywhere?

The originals will be put on Steam when the remasters are released. Apparently by about February 2015.

No idea on hardware specs needed for the remasters. I assume that the modern engine will still look better when pared back to the original though.

Fuck it. Pre-ordered the collectors edition from Amazon.co.uk
That ship model... XD

I absolutely adored Homeworld back in the day and I really hope this does well enough for them to decide to make a third.
I'd be damned if I could beat some of the levels without resource cheating though....

Holeworld Shipbreakers is being made by the original Homeworld team. Set before HW1.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVAXQxMvsqMsCuWiibJGoqw

It was originally teased as Hardware Shipbreakers as seen in these videos, but when Gearbox for the IP and wanted to work with Blackbird to remake the originals, they also gave them license to use the name on their new game, which was by all accounts always intended to be art of the universe anyway. These videos show that quite clearly I think. Even has the "whum" sound when they go into map mode!

Mindlog

Definitely excited to hear more about Shipbreakers.
Definitely hoping the Homeworld mod community will feel right at home with these remasters.

man ship breakers is only getting finished because the ceo of gearbox is a giant home world fan. I am happy to see the game come out. I wonder how the game would of done on kickstarter.

Top Bottom