• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon developer Guerrilla Games confirms ‘Aloy’s next adventure’ is in the works

AlexxKidd

9fATQJXL2897oWiwfFjiV4-1200-80.jpg

Rejoice! This comes as I am in the middle of putting the finishing touches of 100 percenting the trophies in the DLC (to go alongside my Platinum of the main game and 100 percent of New Game Plus trophies). Everybody's saying this was teased or something at the end of the DLC but I've been getting my trophies in order, so I haven't finished it yet so this is news to me. Once I finish the game the last remaining trophies will pop, and I'll see what all the fuss is about.

We have full confidence in our new leadership as they steer Guerrilla towards a bright future, expanding the world of Horizon with Aloy's next adventure and our exciting online project. Michiel van der Leeuw (Technical Director) will be focusing on the future technology and strategy for the Decima engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Topher

Gold Member
Eh.....linking to Polygon? Better off just going direct to the source:

We have full confidence in our new leadership as they steer Guerrilla towards a bright future, expanding the world of Horizon with Aloy's next adventure and our exciting online project. Michiel van der Leeuw (Technical Director) will be focusing on the future technology and strategy for the Decima engine.

SeraphJan

I figured that the best to way play Ubisoft style open world is just do the main quest, play it for the narrative.

Leave all the side content alone unless you absolutely need some exp or cash, this is done for the best time-to-entertainment ratio, since most side content are just absolutely waste of time.

The side quest lefted there also had a bonus effect of letting you feel the world is alive. You see, once you finished every side quest the world actually felt dead.

Once I stick to this method, I start to get the most enjoyment out of Ubisoft style open world games, you should do it too.

Last edited:

Hugare

Jesus, 3 games and 2 DLCs

Guerrilla tech expertise is being wasted on this franchise

Please do something else. AAA games take 5 years minimun to make, and they are going to make 3, one after the other.

Go the Naughty Dog route and make something different while you are making the next sequel

Kupfer

Honestly kinda would’ve loved for them to do a killzone before this but yeah. Hopefully I’ll enjoy the next horizon more - loved the first
That won't happen, GG is not the right developer for a Killzone as we know and like it anymore. Their current zeitgeist and the demand to satisfy everyone and not to get into trouble doesn't fit with the Killzone universe.

I'm already oversaturated with the Horizon franchise, even without finishing the HFW and personally, I don't need another game from this franchise.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I hope they polish up the writing a bit and make it more mature in their follow up. HFW took a couple steps in the wrong direction in terms of narrative and dialog. For the DLC, Aloy's connection with Sekya felt unearned and out of left field. What is it about this new character that made Aloy bond more than with other characters such as Varl, Petra, and Errand who have been through much more together? It doesn’t make much sense to me.

I hope they polish up the writing a bit and make it more mature in their follow up. HFW took a couple steps in the wrong direction in terms of narrative and dialog. For the DLC, Aloy's connection with Sekya felt unearned and out of left field. What is it about this new character that made Aloy bond more than with other characters such as Varl, Petra, and Errand who have been through much more together? It doesn’t make much sense to me.
Kotallo is another good example. he had good chemistry with Aloy given his traits and story and they worked well together.

As much as I love this franchise, I just couldn't buy into the Aloy and Seika relationship, it felt poorly written and rushed.

I figured that the best to way play Ubisoft style open world is just do the main quest, play it for the narrative.

Leave all the side content alone unless you absolutely need some exp or cash, this is done for the best time-to-entertainment ratio, since most side content are just absolutely waste of time.

The side quest lefted there also had a bonus of letting you feel the world is alive, you see once you finished every side quest the world actually felt dead.

After I figured out this method, I start to get the most enjoyment out of Ubisoft style open world games, you should do it too.
Problem is you can’t progress in certain areas without fetch quests - and upgrading the gear is a pain in the ass

Kerotan

They have to conclude the story so horizon 3 makes sense. The first 2 were on ps4 so a mainline horizon only on next gen will be a big jump. Should be a ps5 Pro version too.

Kupfer

Anyone that finished the main quest, knew this was coming. Would rather see Guerrilla trying a new IP before a new Horizon.
Is this the "you finished the game" trophy?
jPGERUs.jpg
If so, 30% isn't that many many people who actually finished the game.

SeraphJan

Problem is you can’t progress in certain areas without fetch quests - and upgrading the gear is a pain in the ass
If that's the case, just do the minimal requirement, think it this way, JRPG also had some mandatory fetch quests, just don't over done it.

That won't happen, GG is not the right developer for a Killzone as we know and like it anymore. Their current zeitgeist and the demand to satisfy everyone and not to get into trouble doesn't fit with the Killzone universe.

I'm already oversaturated with the Horizon franchise, even without finishing the HFW and personally, I don't need another game from this franchise.
see I think they could actually do killzone very well now, they could’ve learned some stuff that worked/didn’t work from doing Horizon and return to the killzone 2 formula and evolve it. Maybe wishful thinking

Ar¢tos

... yay... more of the same....
I'm playing HFW and I'm enjoying it, but I would prefer something new.
When was the last time Sony made a AAA action adventure game (no RPG elements)?

Well, better strike while the iron is hot as the saying goes. Anyone thinking they would do anything different after the cliffhanger of the second game and the DLC must be willingly blind. This is, at least, a trilogy and I don't think Guerrilla will let go of Horizon's world even after Aloy's story is completed.

unlurkified

Definite mixed feelings about them making a sequel, especially with Silens having to be out of the story (due to recent unfortunate death of his actror). Got burned out on all the side content too from HFW and just went through the story in Burning Shores. Hopefully they take a ‘less is more’ approach and drastically cut down on the bloat, just doing quality side stories.

Fredrik

Just a joke, Guerrilla always release their Horizon games close to a game of the generation contender. First one released close to Zelda BOTW, the second one was close to Elden Ring. Means we must get Elden Ring 2 or a new Zelda when the third Horizon game comes out!
😜

Last edited:

Bond007

I expected a Trilogy for this series so im not surprised.
A break in between would have been ideal in my opinion(New IP, KZ)- series fatigue for most of us seems to be happening.

Online game was mentioned- is that Horizon based?

Last edited:
Top Bottom