• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon developer Guerrilla Games confirms ‘Aloy’s next adventure’ is in the works

I fully expect for Sony to not make single Killzone game ever again. There is no reward for Sony there.

They would release a new IP shooter than Killzone.

They really don’t.

Only way Killzone is even mentioned again is if Sony does a TitanFall. Aka recreates the franchise a la Apex.

yet her you lapping up this low sales series, KIllzone. Whose last entry was their best selling, and it’s not saying much.

I don’t understand this rose colored glasses view of Killzone. This series has been given 4 chances to pass 2 million in sales. This series should have been dropped since Killzone 2. Horizon 1 outsold them all put together.
I thought killzone 2 sold a lot?

Buggy Loop

Tired Britney Spears GIF

I forced myself to finish zero dawn and never wanted to touch this franchise again. I would take Killzone ports to PC please over this.

Alebrije

I bet Horizont 3 is almost finished....Gerrilla should be working on a Call of Duty killer...since they are the only Sony's developer with that expertise.

Hopefully they give it decent release window and try not to go up against a game everybody (except them apparently) knew would be huge.

Honestly kinda would’ve loved for them to do a killzone before this but yeah. Hopefully I’ll enjoy the next horizon more - loved the first

I am pretty sure KZ is dead right now. I think it would make for an awesome reboot, as GG has made huge strides since the last one, but it doesn't seem to be on Sony's radar. Probably could be made into GaaS experience as well.

I loved the first game and the dlc. HFW burnt me out to the point where I can't be bothered to pick up the remaining few trophies. I'm not even sure I can stomach the dlc either. The thought of a third installment makes me feel underwhelmed.

Griffon

Horizon is such a missed opportunity.

The initial showing of hunting robots was really exciting and cool, but then they proceeded to make boring Assassin's Creed likes with shitty linear plots and boring characters.
They should ditch it all and just make a game that focus on robot hunting.

Or just make a new Killzone, or even better, a new IP.

Last edited:
Lame, really poor characters and gameplay was already tedious in main game

literally graphics is the only thing saving it but that only gets you so far. disappointed they didnt look into a new IP or even going back to one
Lol this. Remember thebdays where AAA devs would release a new IP in between franchise releases? What happened to that? I wanna see guerilla make something new.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Horizon is such a missed opportunity.

The initial showing of hunting robots was really exciting and cool, but then they proceeded to make boring Assassin's Creed likes with shitty linear plots and boring characters.
They should ditch it all and just make a game that focus on robot hunting.

Or just make a new Killzone, or even better, a new IP.
Guerrilla Games had the tech and the budget and they did absolutely NOTHING with it other than marking eye candy for people to take screenshots and drool over pretty pictures.

Salz01

I guess the second one sold well enough. I just don’t think people are excited about another one honestly. I’m not. The second ones story was pretty shit. The characters were worse not better. The combat itself isn’t as fun as Zelda’s combat systems. It’s just the graphics, after that. Really think they should put it on ice till PS6.

samoilaaa

This formula needs to be shoved over to a different sudio/branch and Guerrilla proper should get to work on a new Killzone or a new IP.

I don't know how suckers keep lapping up these shit open world games.
the problem isnt that there are open worlds , the problem is dull story and characters , lack of meaningful activities , typical unclock/conquer area activities

KungFucius

King Snowflake
They should have just skipped the DLC and worked on this. All the DLC did story wise was add a forgettable bad guy and then hint that the next game would involve the search for something that could be used as a weapon.

The peoples who are saying there is already two much of Horizon when in six years, we only had two mainline games with a smaller one in VR. I wonder how they feel to live in a world since 2017, the same year that the first Horizon was released, we have had 7 Resident Evils games with three movies, one animated serie and a TV serie but strangely nobody is saying there is too much Resident Evil right now or too much games from Ryu ga Gotoku Studio (seven games since 2017) 🤔

ParaSeoul

Not interested in this series. Two games is enough but then again they have two teams now so maybe the other one can do a different game.

Schmendrick

To be expected with those sales numbers and marketing presence. Curious how they`ll handle the absence of Sylens` actor.

Last edited:
9fATQJXL2897oWiwfFjiV4-1200-80.jpg

Rejoice! This comes as I am in the middle of putting the finishing touches of 100 percenting the trophies in the DLC (to go alongside my Platinum of the main game and 100 percent of New Game Plus trophies). Everybody's saying this was teased or something at the end of the DLC but I've been getting my trophies in order, so I haven't finished it yet so this is news to me. Once I finish the game the last remaining trophies will pop, and I'll see what all the fuss is about.

They can keep that shit

K' Dash

So it’s confirmed we should have Neil Drunkman write Horizon part 3?

I don't give a shit who writes it, as long as it's better than what we're getting.

I feel something worse than hate for Aloy. I feel complete indifference, I don't care about her at all, I think that if she was just an avatar like Link, I would care more.

Aaron Olive

I don't give a shit who writes it, as long as it's better than what we're getting.

I feel something worse than hate for Aloy. I feel complete indifference, I don't care about her at all, I think that if she was just an avatar like Link, I would care more.
I agree, Aloy’s character has the cadence of a Robot.

Humdinger

Not happy with how they handled the sequel, so I'm cautious about the third game.

1st game was 90. 2nd game was 80. Third game ... 80?

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Honestly? I'm down for another game, but story in Forbidden West was nowhere near as good as in Zero Dawn and the last mission was complete and rushed trash tbh, along with the reveal at the end - seriously? FFS.
Story in Horizon III must be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS better and for the love of fuck, I could not care less (to put it lightly) about a giant ball (WTF?!) as the main threat - fix this horrible and unimaginative bs, Guerrilla! Also, Sylens is gone... forever:messenger_loudly_crying:, good luck fixing that as well. Damn.

Top Bottom