• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon developer Guerrilla Games confirms ‘Aloy’s next adventure’ is in the works

ahtlas7

No Thank You Reaction GIF

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I hope they polish up the writing a bit and make it more mature in their follow up. HFW took a couple steps in the wrong direction in terms of narrative and dialog. For the DLC, Aloy's connection with Sekya felt unearned and out of left field. What is it about this new character that made Aloy bond more than with other characters such as Varl, Petra, and Errand who have been through much more together? It doesn’t make much sense to me.
Attractiveness? Isn't that how it works in real life? If you find someone attractive then everything is amplified and nothing really has to be earned.

LordOfChaos

I do want to see a fully next gen Killzone. We can all just agree to forget about Shadowfall plot wise and return to the trilogy's absolute vibe.

I'll pass. Needs to do much better than a rehash of the same old game with new pretty graphics. They didn't learn from the issues the first game had when doing Forbidden West.

Woopah

Really really enjoyed Forbidden West, and it addressed several of my complaints from the first game. Hope the next one is another step up.

I expected a Trilogy for this series so im not surprised.
A break in between would have been ideal in my opinion(New IP, KZ)- series fatigue for most of us seems to be happening.

Online game was mentioned- is that Horizon based?
Online game looks like it'll be a Horizon version of Monster Hunter.

Spyxos

Studio has graphics figured out.

Maybe now focus on a game that’s fun to play?

Edit: also chars I give a fuck about.
That has always been the problem with GG. Their games look extremely great, but then they run out of ideas. Or they have really stupid ideas like in Killzone 2/3 where every movement had to feel heavy.

That's why the game had extreme input delay at 30 fps and that was intentional. They should replace all the people except for those who are responsible for the graphics and start from scratch.

Last edited:

YuLY

People were complaining about endless sequels with 2 years between them. Now we get the same thing but with 4-5 years in between them...

This francize bores me, wish they would return to Killzone or do something new.

Last edited:

Nydius

As much as I really like the Horizon world, if this takes another 5 years to release like the time between ZD and FW, I’m not sure I’ll be as interested.

Got to thinking about this in the sequel fatigue thread. By comparison, Mass Effect 1 released in November 2007 and wrapped up its entire trilogy in March of 2012, and that was with DLC additions and a complete gameplay overhaul between 1 and 2 (edit: March of 2013, if you include all of ME3’s DLC). Waiting 5 years between single installments is rough, especially as the industry changes over the same time.

Last edited:
I expected a Trilogy for this series so im not surprised.
A break in between would have been ideal in my opinion(New IP, KZ)- series fatigue for most of us seems to be happening.

Online game was mentioned- is that Horizon based?
Yes the online game is Horizon based.

Spyxos

To quote myself from the other thread about sequels:

But Horizon having 3 mainline games and a VR spin-off is too much? :rolleyes:
The Vr game just came out and so did the dlc. All the other series in the list are much better. Aloy is just boring and you can only endure her so many times.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As much as I loved HFW, I'd really like to see them split the third title into 2 stories, 1 in the past showing the fight against the machines and the fall of mankind and the other the continuation of the FW storyline, I've had enough of native humans decked out in colourful armour, I want to see some modern shit, future tanks fighting massive machines whilst cities are being destroyed

Punished Miku

Gold Member
As much as I loved HFW, I'd really like to see them split the third title into 2 stories, 1 in the past showing the fight against the machines and the fall of mankind and the other the continuation of the FW storyline, I've had enough of native humans decked out in colourful armour, I want to see some modern shit, future tanks fighting massive machines whilst cities are being destroyed
That would actually be pretty sick. Could draw on their Killzone shooter roots but keep it as a Horizon world building game.

Woggleman

A good idea for multiple endings would be for Aloy to travel back in time and kill Ted Faro which would prevent the world ending. The only issue is that it would erase all the tribes and everything she knows. The time travel section could be Aloy struggling to blend in to a different world. You would have to choose between saving the world from ending or saving the life you had come to know. If you chose go save the world Aloy stays in that time and assumes a new identity.

FrankWza

Because the games are great and they are fun. You don't need to like everything that's successful.
It's my least favorite of the PS first party games currently being released. I have no problem with them making another if the demand is there and it obviously is. There's plenty to go around. That engine needs to be more widely used thoigh

RoboFu

One of the green rats
So they are going to “gears of war” it into the ground. Meh whatever… it’s not that good to start with just pretty.

Aloy is a great female protagonist. Not even close to the most boring female protagonist in the video game history, imo:

Lara Croft in the last 3 TR games. :messenger_poop: She was fine in TB 2013, but OOF after that

Woggleman

I like Aloy because even though she might like most people and finds them annoying she always does the right things and wants to do good by humanity. I have a similar outlook on the world. It must be very frustrating when you are trying to save the world from a threat and people are still caught up on some backward crap.

Honestly kinda would’ve loved for them to do a killzone before this but yeah. Hopefully I’ll enjoy the next horizon more - loved the first
I fully expect for Sony to not make single Killzone game ever again. There is no reward for Sony there.

They would release a new IP shooter than Killzone.

After H3, GG needs to remake Killzone and port it to PC day one.
They really don’t.

Only way Killzone is even mentioned again is if Sony does a TitanFall. Aka recreates the franchise a la Apex.

This formula needs to be shoved over to a different sudio/branch and Guerrilla proper should get to work on a new Killzone or a new IP.

I don't know how suckers keep lapping up these shit open world games.
yet her you lapping up this low sales series, KIllzone. Whose last entry was their best selling, and it’s not saying much.

I don’t understand this rose colored glasses view of Killzone. This series has been given 4 chances to pass 2 million in sales. This series should have been dropped since Killzone 2. Horizon 1 outsold them all put together.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I fully expect for Sony to not make single Killzone game ever again. There is no reward for Sony there.

They would release a new IP shooter than Killzone.

They really don’t.

Only way Killzone is even mentioned again is if Sony does a TitanFall. Aka recreates the franchise a la Apex.

That's fine too. I think Sony needs to start preparing for the possibility that Call of Duty won't always be on PlayStation.

Atrus

Gold Member
While the third game will wrap up the trilogy, I hope they continue with the setting that’s built it up across 3 games.

That being said, I think the most important things to occur in the setting will have been accomplished by Aloy so stakes won’t compare, Everything after saving the planet thrice over, is small potatoes.

But that doesn’t mean there couldn’t be some sort of multiplayer game or traditional RPG.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So they are going to “gears of war” it into the ground. Meh whatever… it’s not that good to start with just pretty.

Is 3 games really "THAT" bad over a 10 year period?

It's formulaic and the game mechanics and writing are both average to the point you have to be a dullard to keep coming back. Great for a 10 hour game.

If the formula is good, why completely change it? The writing in the 1st game was great to me. The 2nd was good until about 90% of the way through the game. Then things got weird.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Worst trilogy in gaming?

Yeah i would say so. Regerat wasting time and money on HFW. Won’t fool me again GG, we done doing biz 🤑

Top Bottom