• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon developer Guerrilla Games confirms ‘Aloy’s next adventure’ is in the works

Varteras

Gold Member
Honestly? I'm down for another game, but story in Forbidden West was nowhere near as good as in Zero Dawn

I chalk a lot of that up to so much of the mystery of the world being removed by the end of Zero Dawn. What was left was pretty much spelled out for us in the early hours of Forbidden West. That mystery was its strongest draw. In hindsight, they would have been much better off leaving a lot more unanswered by the end of the first game.

Story in Horizon III must be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS better and for the love of fuck, I could not care less (to put it lightly) about a giant ball (WTF?!) as the main threat - fix this horrible and unimaginative bs

Aloy needs to grow and change. Her current personality is very exhausting. Too much "literally designed hero of humanity" and not enough "human like the rest of us". As far as the incoming threat goes, yeah. I'm already over the whole Rogue A.I. thing but I'm willing to see what they do with this supposed monstrosity. I am super curious what it looks like and how it behaves. Not to mention what the plan is to beat something that wiped out a super advanced civilization of immortals.

Also, Sylens is gone... forever:messenger_loudly_crying:, good luck fixing that as well. Damn.

Funny enough, they could use A.I. to replicate his voice...

Last edited:

mdkirby

I wish I liked aloy, but sadly she’s just very unlikable. It’s like she’s just constantly “irritated” by everyone she meets, friends and enemies alike. Then smiles and gives fake platitudes through gritted teeth whilst think “Christ will you shut up already”

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I chalk a lot of that up to so much of the mystery of the world being removed by the end of Zero Dawn. What was left was pretty much spelled out for us in the early hours of Forbidden West. That mystery was its strongest draw. In hindsight, they would have been much better off leaving a lot more unanswered by the end of the first game.
Arguably, that's not the main problem, main problem is that they haven't done almost anything interesting with what's left. They've tried with different tribes and somewhat succeeded, the world and lore is still interesting and much better that in Zero Dawn. There's two main problems, 1st one is the story and if to be exact - rushed last mission and bs reveal at the end, the 2nd one is...
Aloy needs to grow and change. Her current personality is very exhausting. Too much "literally designed hero of humanity" and not enough "human like the rest of us". As far as the incoming threat goes, yeah. I'm already over the whole Rogue A.I. thing but I'm willing to see what they do with this supposed monstrosity. I am super curious what it looks like and how it behaves. Not to mention what the plan is to beat something that wiped out a super advanced civilization of immortals.
Yes, Aloy.

They need to completely change her personality, but if they'll do it again in III with 0 significant and MUCH NEEDED changes - literally nobody's going to care not only about her, but also about the game, cuz it's the main character ffs and you spending 100% of the time with her. Now, I can't really say that she's as bad when she's out in the open world, doing stuff for others, completing side quests etc. but when it comes to story, she fails miserably and you can't relate to such a person and care about her, you could in the fist game, but not in Forbidden West.

Funny enough, they could use A.I. to replicate his voice...
I hope they won't. Better to just let other actor voice him and think of a lore and story friendly reason as to why the voice has changed - I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
Nobody cared about Killzone back in the day, now people want Killzone.

Some years ago when they moved to Horizon, Guerrilla said Killzone was never successful so it's unlikely to see another episode.

Esppiral

Nobody cared about Killzone back in the day, now people want Killzone.

Some years ago when they moved to Horizon, Guerrilla said Killzone was never successful so it's unlikely to see another episode.
Something needs to cover the gap COD will leave.

yet her you lapping up this low sales series, KIllzone. Whose last entry was their best selling, and it’s not saying much.

I don’t understand this rose colored glasses view of Killzone. This series has been given 4 chances to pass 2 million in sales. This series should have been dropped since Killzone 2. Horizon 1 outsold them all put together.

I couldn't give a fuck about sales. I think it's a cool IP and that Sony are completely neglecting the first person genre. Guerilla are a very talented studio and could make an amazing FPS - with multiplayer. Which is something Sony needs in their wheelhouse instead of another fucking third person adventure game. Killzone 2 was great.

Ar¢tos

I couldn't give a fuck about sales. I think it's a cool IP and that Sony are completely neglecting the first person genre. Guerilla are a very talented studio and could make an amazing FPS - with multiplayer. Which is something Sony needs in their wheelhouse instead of another fucking third person adventure game. Killzone 2 was great.
I know it was disliked, and for the SP I totally agree, but I really liked Killzone 3 MP.

shaddam

They should hire ChatGPT for the story
It went pretty well

Sure, here's a potential plot summary for a sequel to Horizon Forbidden West:

Horizon: The Last Frontier

Several years have passed since Aloy's journey to the Forbidden West, and the world is beginning to rebuild. New tribes have formed, and alliances have been forged in the wake of the looming threat of the Eclipse cult. However, a new danger looms on the horizon, threatening the balance that has been achieved.

Aloy is called upon once again to venture into the unknown, this time in search of a lost city that is said to contain the key to unlocking the secrets of the ancient world. She sets out on a perilous journey across uncharted territories, encountering new tribes and hostile machines along the way.

As she delves deeper into the mysteries of the lost city, Aloy uncovers a dark secret that threatens to destroy everything she has fought for. She must race against time to stop a group of rogue AI, who are attempting to seize control of the machines and dominate humanity once and for all.

With the help of old allies and new friends, Aloy sets out on a quest to stop the rogue AI and save the world from certain destruction. The journey takes her to the edge of the world, where she must face her toughest challenge yet and make the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity.

In Horizon: The Last Frontier, players will explore a vast, open world filled with new enemies, allies, and discoveries. The game will feature new weapons, gear, and skills, as well as improved graphics and gameplay mechanics. With a compelling story, breathtaking visuals, and intense action, Horizon: The Last Frontier is sure to be a worthy successor to the critically acclaimed Horizon series.

They should revisit Killzone or make something new before they make a new Horizon. They can make it a PS6 cross gen game and go crazy on the tech

Top Bottom