• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

Fake

Is that tallneck the only machine we've seen so far? There were a few flashes and the shine of a machine eye in the foggy mountains, but no telling what that was. Could've been a seeker. Could've been anything.

Elephant, Mash robot, pterodactyl robot. Last trailer.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Is that tallneck the only machine we've seen so far? There were a few flashes and the shine of a machine eye in the foggy mountains, but no telling what that was. Could've been a seeker. Could've been anything.
I'm wondering that too.

Why does the eye open and close too?

MastaKiiLA

Yeah I don't understand what's going on? Lol we're looking at images that are pretty much irrelevant to the reveal. At least for now right?
I quite like it. We're getting a chance to see the various maps in different light settings, and I think they really wanted to show off their cloud/fog system. I'm still hoping we see the weather system in action.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Well still 3.5 hours more of this. Hope they'll show of some of the hazardous weather types, too.
It looks fine so far for a 1080p stream but obiously not as good as the trailer suggested a year ago.

Not sure if we can compare this to UE5. At least HZDFW is showing a living world not completly barren deserts.

They should put a stop to this "in-engine" video shit. Call it CGI again. Stop overhyping games ffs.
Still curious to see real gameplay. I also wanna see a 4K version of both. This countdown and some gameplay.
Yeah, it would be stupid to compare this -- or any other game -- to the UE5 demo. UE5 hasn't even released yet, so it is still future tech. Why would anyone compare a cross-generation game with future tech that is still roughly 2 years away.

Its in-engine. CGI is a lie. That would mean it was made outside the game engine. All of that trailer and this is captured in-engine.

And its just HFW, not HZDFW. Just Horizon Forbidden West.

HZD FW was the DLC lol. (HZD Frozen Wilds.)
Yeah I did a whoopsie there with the name.

In Engine still isn't gameplay though. Its still just another word to fool people into believing that the game will look so good. Which it most likely won't :)

Pedro Motta

Yeah I don't understand what's going on? Lol we're looking at images that are pretty much irrelevant to the reveal. At least for now right?
The concern patrol is always on the lookout. Calling out downgrades from a 1080p blurry stream from tower top super wide shots mean nothing for the detail of the game on the ground during gameplay.

MastaKiiLA

Yeah I did a whoopsie there with the name.

In Engine still isn't gameplay though. Its still just another word to fool people into believing that the game will look so good. Which it most likely won't :)
You say this, while some people are moaning that it looks current gen. Hot takes always lack coherency, because they're either uninformed, or disingenuous.

kyliethicc

t0sqG4f.jpg
jZKtRf2.jpg

7GqdEp5.jpg

LekTvLX.jpg
xgghJ6K.jpg
q5kcSPN.jpg
VqbBPOY.jpg
8OhwVHT.jpg

paris hilton thats hot GIF

Thats Hot GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Based on some of the hot takes about this preview of the scenery, if you can't appreciate what is happening on screen then maybe games aren't for you. It's not just about games that need to look like CG. It's about lighting, density of environments, and other subtle effects.

Some of you just want to paint a negative picture as if the first game wasn't well received. The rest of us can hype ourselves up over games without being cynics and fanboys.

skit_data

I like how the countdown timer has a bar similar to Aloys health bar in HZD. A sort of health/patience bar that I start to feel concerned about.

They really could’ve made this countdown a bit shorter, 1-2 hours would’ve sufficed. I thought this countdown would have some type of behind the scenes/dev interview/updates on a 60fps patch for HZD once every hour or so, but this was just too long IMO.

You say this, while some people are moaning that it looks current gen. Hot takes always lack coherency, because they're either uninformed, or disingenuous.
Oh I'm not implying that it dosn't look gorgeous and way better then the prequel.
From what we've seen so far today though it just nowhere near that trailer from last year. Thats all I'm saying.

It will be an improvement over the first one definitley but kinda underwhelming due to the first trailer which sucks.
They shouldn't have done that trailer if they can't achive a similar fidelity in gameplay, in my opinion at least.
Stuff like that just bothers me.

Retinoid

Looks stunning from a technical aspect , as expected from GG. That being said it doesn't seem like there's THAT big of a jump between Zero Dawn and this game but that's not necessarily a bad thing given how well Zero Dawn still hold up. Once we see gameplay, I'm basically expecting Zero Dawn 2.0 but with a higher resolution and other refinements to the graphics rather than any mind blowing moments. Zero Dawn on PC at 4k looks so good so that's a good baseline to compare it to I guess.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Oh I'm not implying that it dosn't look gorgeous and way better then the prequel.
From what we've seen so far today though it just nowhere near that trailer from last year. Thats all I'm saying.

It will be an improvement over the first one definitley but kinda underwhelming due to the first trailer which sucks.
They shouldn't have done that trailer if they can't achive a similar fidelity in gameplay, in my opinion at least.
Stuff like that just bothers me.
You have absolutely nothing to base this on. We haven't even seen anything close to like-for-like to determine the fidelity compared to last year. It's only 2.75 hours away from having all the evidence you need. This is a hot take for the sake of making a hot take, but we all have the same amount of evidence available, and it's bupkis.

You have absolutely nothing to base this on. We haven't even seen anything close to like-for-like to determine the fidelity compared to last year. It's only 2.75 hours away from having all the evidence you need. This is a hot take for the sake of making a hot take, but we all have the same amount of evidence available, and it's bupkis.
Actually I am just trying to be honest and reasonable judging by the current footage.

I wasn't trying to make a hot take at all.
If thats how people think about my comment i'll shut up for now and get back once they've shown real gameplay and provided a 4K source.

JMarcell

If the developer is aiming for 60FPS then these graphics are expected. If the game will run at 30FPS, then it is disappointing. Someone at sony/guerrilla already confirmed its coming for the PS4 as well, so I doubt it is using the PS5 hardware to its full potential.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

Actually I am just trying to be honest and reasonable judging by the current footage.

I wasn't trying to make a hot take at all.
If thats how people think about my comment i'll shut up for now and get back once they've shown real gameplay and provided a 4K source.
My bad man. The blatant trolling earlier got me feeling some kind of way. Please accept my apologies if I came on too strong.

MastaKiiLA

Are you guys actually sitting and watching the pre-show for all five hours? I turned that off when I realized the pre show was starting at 9 and not the main event, in about two seconds. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I've kept it on in a tile on my desktop. I can't lie, can't stop looking at it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom