• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West State of Play announced for May 27th

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Uhhh, they announced the 5 month Kena delay within the State of Play trailer.

Y'all should buckle up for a delay and just be happy if it doesn't happen. Do not expect this game to release this year. Even if it still says 2021 in this SoP I wouldn't buy it yet.

1st party game vs. a 3rd party game.

KAL2006

Banned
Very strange I expected Sony to do a blowout announcement with Horizon footage along with new game announcements. I am excited but I do miss those epic Sony events

Defrop

Banned
I am so ready and hyped for this!

dbbfcfeeffd691be9c904f9962c2bd25d65eef9c.gifv

3cbef9861fe6824c8007b9a3c539986efba8d8cd.gifv

256494a76f628c2b88742d761f1a34356909d3c3.gifv

0973549a572033d8d52abccf7eb285bf3bb6f34d.gifv

Last edited:

nbkicker

Awesome. Wasnt expecting any news till the end of June.

I can see God of War being moved to February 2022. Theres no need of Horizon & GOW this year for sales.
I think the way games have been delayed with covid etc, i dont think gow was ever gonna be released this yr, although hopefully with this being shown this week, hopefully during e3 sony will put out there games showcase and show gow off

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
1st party game vs. a 3rd party game.

Glad to hear you know the inner workings of Sony.

Ban bet on this game being delayed to 2022? I'll put a month down.

KAL2006

Banned
Here we go...nice.

Now we get to definitely see gameplay footage.

Those thinking this means no Sony showcase in June, this might just mean it will have games further out or stuff we havent seen yet. We still havent seen God of War at all, not counting that logo, lol.

As long as whatever they have for their showcase has gameplay or captured from PS5, I'm fine.

Isn't there a rumour Horizon will have a multiplayer mode. Perhaps a single player campaign reveal here then at there big event there will be multiplayer reveal for Horizon as well as new announcements and updates on other games like Gran Turismo and God of War.

Varteras

Gold Member
I cannot fucking wait. So excited. Horizon was one of the few single player games I actually completed last generation. Without a doubt my favorite new IP from a Sony studio since God of War all the way back on PlayStation 2.

Traps were also an integral part of taking down the toughest enemies. Killzone meets Clocktower
Yes definitely!

I am amazed people always bitch about the melee.

To be fair I guess that you can kinda play the game like that is a design fault.

But on the other hand come on! The game gives you about 20 to 25 different long range weapons all the gameplay depth is in hitting weak points, setting traps and turning machines against each other and you want to whack machines with that shitty little spear!!🤪

Honestly I hope they gut the melee or seriously tailor it back. ( just for stealth takedowns or smaller machines).

It always felt silly that Aloy an athletic yet ordinary women ( She ain't bloody Kratos) could knock over a 15 foot long metal sabre tooth cat!

Anyway rant over cant wait for the gameplay reveal!

mxbison

It's gonna be amazing gameplay footage, immediately followed by a kick in the nuts when they show the 2022 release date.

ZywyPL

Banned
Nice, hopefully there will be a lot of actual gameplay footage unlike the initial reveal trailer.

But Honestly if I were Sony I'd wait with whatever footage of their games they have until after E3, to steal all the attention, blowing out right before the event feels like such a missed opportunity.

GuinGuin

Banned
I think the way games have been delayed with covid etc, i dont think gow was ever gonna be released this yr, although hopefully with this being shown this week, hopefully during e3 sony will put out there games showcase and show gow off

Part of me thinks they wouldn't want to launch two mega hits in the same holiday season the other part thinks that they might want that one two punch in order to capture all of the mindshare for the 2021 Christmas season to solidify their market position early.

kyussman

I'm not buying any cross-gen concerns for this game....Guerrilla are tech wizards,they'll deliver.I'll also be shocked if there is no multiplayer stuff.....they were thinking of that early on in the production of the first game,with Sony's new found interest in the multiplayer space,this game fits well I think.

Raekwon26

Nice, hopefully there will be a lot of actual gameplay footage unlike the initial reveal trailer.

But Honestly if I were Sony I'd wait with whatever footage of their games they have until after E3, to steal all the attention, blowing out right before the event feels like such a missed opportunity.
Nah. No need to wait.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sony said a few months ago they wouldnt be doing a e3 and doing there own thing, i think we will still get a state of play for upcoming games for playstation in 2 weeks during e3 and sony just wanted to put horizion out now then spend 30min during there showcase, which could mean good things if they showing this early
Yeah, possible. I thought we would get another Future of Gaming 2020 type event. One big 70-80 minute show with new game announcements + gameplay footage for Horizon and others. Guess it'll be slightly different this time. Either way, I am happy!

Salz01

Keeping expectations in check. The first one was good, but it became boring after awhile. Side quests were dull. If she swims with full armor on I’m going to be annoyed. Also don’t think it looks as good as Ratchet, but maybe that will change Thurs.

Papacheeks

Banned
Very strange I expected Sony to do a blowout announcement with Horizon footage along with new game announcements. I am excited but I do miss those epic Sony events

Don't worry. There's more planned, but a lot of Sony's partnered games like FF are going to be on Square's stage more than likely. They will wait till after RATCHET launches before they have another big blowout. Doing this gives them some breather for if they are waiting till July to have their big state of play with more titles.

This keeps the conversation goin. You have this on Thursday, then 2 weeks after that Ratchet releases. So after that you have another state of play that has upcoming games like Kena, SOlar ash, stray, and then show case God of war, and couple other exclusive titles.

Top Bottom