• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How’s your hairline holdin’ up, Gaf?

Cyberpunkd

36 years, hair is perfect. I had hair falling out a few years back due to chemotherapy so I know I have a very 'stylish' skull, can rock Bruce Willis if I need to.

Thats mother fuckin Billy Butcher
billy-butcher-black-coat.jpg
OP rocking the Vanilla Ice.
KSw3uHp.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
28, too much of the stuff.

As soon as the line starts receding it's getting and staying shaved.

GodofWhimsy

Balding guys on both momma and poppa's side of the family, so it was inevitable that my hair would be almost non-existent at a relatively young age.

Think I'm okay with it.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Mid 30s here and still rockin’ a pristine Norwood 0

0-FE97-BF3-D98-B-448-E-B41-E-F0-C81724-B5-FB.jpg

Iam 36 and i have more hair than ever.... thanks to Corona. My brothers went bold aroudn 30. Lucky me

At the moment iam looking like a long haired beggar.

Last edited:

INC

37, no sign of my hair ever leaving my head

My dad was 67, had full blown cancer and no grey or hair lose, so I think I'm good for the rest of my life

So I thought I'd share my birds nest, post wash for the lolz, never had long hair, since I basically have a white afro and unreal curls and couldn't be bothered to grow it, but lockdown kicked in, so thought fuck it
Feel free to meme and mock, I welcome it
9y6GGzm.jpg

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Mine has been strategically retreating from the top of my head for years now. Not bald on top but it's on its way. Sides and back are still thick. So at least I got that going for me.

GymWolf

Gold Member
At 34 i have a good bunch of white\grey but the hairs are almost all there. (the whitening come from mom, she was totally grey by 30 years old)

Last edited:

Ionian

Mines fine, used to shave it when younger as was just easier to handle. Full head of hair now though.

Also, great ad popped up in the thread. What is this? Hair transplant pubic hair? :O

fbBiPwm.jpg

Last edited:

Sakura

Pretty bad. Started thinning out in my early 20s. Never had a receding hairline, just diffuse thinning so dunno how to norwood it.

SKM1

Norwood 1 to 2 maybe but its been like that for like a decade, and hair's still thick as fuck.
If shit hits the fan I hope hair technology saves us.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
39, I don't think anything has changed
It's not square never has been, but it's not a Windows peak either

kbear

How are you guys doing with greying? I have a lot on my chin but I keep my stubble really low so it’s not too easy to see. Basically just have to trim it more often, it’s a little annoying but whatever.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I'm nearing my mid 40s.. almost no gray.. maybe slightly receding but honestly it's looked like that since I was a teen, I think I just have a high hairline.

TheMan

late 30s. I've had some slight graying but it hasn't progressed in some time. Maybe a bit of thinning at the temples but not really. My Dad was bald by my age so I'd say I'm doing ok, lol.

lachesis

These days, every time I walk in to a well-lit bathroom with a mirror, I get shocked that I can see my top scalp due to thinning hair... and I've been using Rogane for past 10+ years.

I think I will get hair transplant when I visit my folks in Asia sometime in the future. I am 47 and hair thinning is something that's expected as male... but will do my best to keep and at least hold my current status. As per greying... it's not too bad. Certainly mroe grey hair than before, but less than 1%. Just a few strands, and slightly more on the side burn.

drganon

Its receded a little bit compared to when I was in my twenties, but not that bad. I think I'm starting to thin in the back a little bit, but it's only noticeable in really bright light for now.

stn

35 and all good. Got it cut really short recently, looks great. Got a bit of grey but I dig it.

mid thirties - it's receded and the crown is thinning fast. a few greys on the sides. chin beard is pretty grey. pretty optimistic tbh for the future.

got the most hair out of my brothers

Suck It Royal Rumble GIF by WWE

Peggies

Gold Member
These days, every time I walk in to a well-lit bathroom with a mirror, I get shocked that I can see my top scalp due to thinning hair... and I've been using Rogane for past 10+ years.

I think I will get hair transplant when I visit my folks in Asia sometime in the future. I am 47 and hair thinning is something that's expected as male... but will do my best to keep and at least hold my current status. As per greying... it's not too bad. Certainly mroe grey hair than before, but less than 1%. Just a few strands, and slightly more on the side burn.
Do hair transplants actually ever look, like not ridiculous? I only know it from people like John Travolta or characters in comedies and you could really see the "effort" which makes it even more awkward :pie_thinking:.

But I honestly don't want to be hurtful since I know this is serious business.

epicnemesis

Well about a year ago I noticed I could see my bald spot looking straight ahead at a mirror in the barber shop. That was fun. On the plus side I still have enough hair to go to the barber shop.

I just keep my hair short and own it. It is what it is. I’ll eventually go full shave I think. The alternative is hairplugs or whatever and I’m just not interested.

Top Bottom