• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How good are the NubyTech SF:AC Joypads?

Agent X

I got one of the PlayStation 2 Street Fighter joypads a few days ago. It works extremely well with Street Fighter games (of course). The controls are laid out much like the Saturn controller, with six buttons on the face, and two triggers.

It's very comfortable in the hands. It feels a bit different than most controllers for Saturn (or most systems in general) because the triggers are angled outward a little more than usual, so your fingertips rest comfortably on them. This is fine for Street Fighter games where you don't use the triggers frequently. The digital joypad on it is responsive and feels "just right"--not stiff, and not loose. The overall quality is great, and the collectible packaging is a nice bonus.

In general, I would say a good-quality arcade-style joystick would be better for this type of game than any joypad. Still, if you don't have the money to plunk down for a joystick, or room to set one up, then I would certainly recommend this joypad!

belgurdo

Banned
My only complaint is that the controller seems to have no "weight" to it, so it's odd to initially hold, but other than that it's perfect

Yup, use the Saturn pads instead, much better quality. Either get one of the PS2 versions for the PS2, or use Saturn pad with a Magic Box converter on the Xbox.

crunker99

Worth every penny for fighting enthusiasts like myself, trust me once you get this thing in your hand you will be like ohhh yeahh baby I like that.

Hellraizah

tahrikmili said:
Is there a better option available?
I'm really surprised that so many people can post before ArcadeStickMonk goes on a rampage.

Anyways, one of my friend bought one of these controllers for Xbox, and he said it isn't worth shit, the d-pad sucks, and he's missing moves left and right. I already tried the PS2 one, and though they were fine, better than the original PS2 controller in my opinion.

I had resolved to not come into these threads anymore, to give no input on the matter what-so-ever.

Thanks for helping me keep that dream alive.

crunker99

You know you can just take your old saturn pad and buy a Magic box for xbox. That way you can save like a dollar or so. You can buy some macaroni and cheese with it. :)

Hellraizah

ArcadeStickMonk said:
I had resolved to not come into these threads anymore, to give no input on the matter what-so-ever.

Thanks for helping me keep that dream alive.
Haaaaaaa I see, good thinking out. I'm not gonna mention your name in these threads again. Heck, I'm not gonna post anymore in these threads myself.

Top Bottom