• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is GTA 4 on PC performance wise currently?

Denton

I have the rockstar launcher version (which I got for free by reeeming my retail box code) and it runs perfectly fine without any mods...
This is screenshot I took couple months back in 4K max settings.
If I enable vsync I get 60fps with zero drops. I am not even using dxvk or anything.

GCN4J8VWYAAlJaH

Bojji

I mean compared to 4080, 4090, 4070 Ti / Super or 7900 XTX or 7900 XT it’s not quite there. Otherwise yes, it’s still a great card.

It's still quite high in overall GPU hierarchy and it can potentially age better than some ada cards with small memory buses and "low" memory bandwidth (4070 super/ti).

YCoCg

and it runs perfectly fine without any mods
You should still throw Fusion Fix in there as it fixes a lot of bugs within the game itself, including a lot of frame rate related ones since this game freaks out in some areas when it's 60 or above. Plus you will then get AA options and better shadow options.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I have the rockstar launcher version (which I got for free by reeeming my retail box code) and it runs perfectly fine without any mods...
This is screenshot I took couple months back in 4K max settings.
If I enable vsync I get 60fps with zero drops. I am not even using dxvk or anything.

GCN4J8VWYAAlJaH
Try dxvk to see what happens with the frame rate.

Top Bottom