• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you play through a game that makes you wanna start it all over again immediately after finishing it? What was the last one?

Drizzlehell

Banned
It's a very rare thing for me these days. If it's an open world game then I'll be lucky if I even manage to get to the end credits at all because those games tend to be so goddamned long and soul-draining. Usually I will just put them down for a few months and come back to finish them later. And with most other games, usually by the time credits roll, I'm kida done with it anyway and want to move on to something else instead.

On a very rare occasion there will be a game that I won't put down after completing it and I'll have another go right away. I've been lucky with this recently because there were 3 different games that came out since the beginning of the year that gave me this exact feeling, and those were:
Dead Space remake
Resident Evil 4 remake
Star Wars Jedi Survivor

It's like an anomaly because normally there will be like a one game every few years that I will like so much to play it a couple of times in a row, so this has definitely been a great year for gaming so far.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not since I was young, really.

I did Miles Morales again immediately for the platinum because I was off work for PS5 launch week anyway and you can beat that game in 3 hours, wouldn't say it's the same thing.

Majukun

literally never did that....i guess maybe bayonetta 1, but multiple runs are kinda the norm in character action games.

SCB3

Some souls games and Mass Effect 1 and 2

I do tend to replay a game before its sequel is out, usually on NG+ and easy mode as more of a catch up for example I did this with the last God of War or Jedi Fallen Order

I may replay Elden Ring when the DLC gets a release date as well, I'm missing like 1 boss/Area to do as well

SeraphJan

Most enjoyable games that had NG+, however wanted to start again immediately is not the same as wanted to finish it again.

Last edited:

Pelao

Recently it's been pretty much every Souls and Resident Evil game that I've finished.
I beat Elden Ring 6 times. Also finished RE4 remake 8 times. Only reason I stopped was to not feel burned out if the PSVR2 content turns out to be the whole campaign.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I feel most action games give pretty good incentives for this. I did it with Bayonetta.

Last edited:

cireza

Not very often, the most recent was Code Vein. I loved the game and started a third playthrough recently.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Very phew in the last couple of years.

Usually I only do this if I plan to go for a Platinum trophy and they require to complete the game on a higher difficulty.

Last one I did was FFVII Remake.

drganon

I usually do multiple play throughs for trophies. Currently, I'm playing Digimon survive a second time to get the best ending.

RaduN

Every shmup i ever finish, ever.

The second i'm done, i put in a new credit and start over.

..oh, and MGS2, back in '01. I needed to again experience that sense of wonder asap, and so i did.

I've completed Elden Ring around 12 times and even in that case I left a week or so in between each go (although I did play PvP in between). Before that it was weirdly Witcher 3. I was so sad to leave the world that I had to jump in again.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Bloodborne. When it properly clicked for me, I ran through it twice more in the same week to get the platinum.

Fuz

Banned
I was about to say "never, because my backlog is huge", but other posts reminded me that I got at least to NG+++ in every Dark Souls.
Other than that, *I think* I haven't replayed any since my Amiga days. Even though I often think "I wanna replay this in the near future" I never do. I kinda feel obligated to get on with my backlog or try new things.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I kinda do it differently. If I have that extra good time in a game, I usually slow down and take my time with it if it's possible. So I don't do a lot of reruns usually. My first playthrough in Elden Ring took me something like 250-300 hours..

mrmustard

Banned
Very rarely. The only ones i can remember are High on Life and The Outer World. And maybe Hitman, but i don't think that counts.

Laptop1991

Dishonored 1 and 2 and Prey, FEAR 1 and Fallout New Vegas, i would say Skyrim but i never actually got to the end, i restarted loads of times but never right at the end

Ben87fr

Most recently it's Resident evil 3 remake, it's short but it's fun trying to finish it faster and faster 👍

Quezacolt

Recently it was Dead space remake and RE4 remake. I'd say the RE games have been the champions in that, same.for souls games.
Been replaying GTA5 on ps5 atm, and before that i replayed Sekiro.

NeonDelta

very rare from me, but i think i did it on miles morales as i had completed it on PS4 then decided to get a PS5 so played it again on there to finish off the trophies.

Ev1L AuRoN

I think games are too damm long nowadays, most of the time I have to push myself beyond my enjoyment period to even finish a game, that way 80% of everything I play a drop, usually on the 16-hour mark, funny that some of my favorite games I never finished.

Experiences that I can finish in less than 5 hours had a better chance to get me playing all over again. That's why some of the games with better replay for me are retro games of the 8/16/32bit era.

I lost count of how many times I beat games like:

Super Metroid
Metal Gear Solid
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros 3
Megaman X
Super Contra Alien Wars
Castlevania 1,3,4 and SotN
Actraiser
Sonic the Hedgehog 1&2

I immediately replayed Resident Evil 4 Remake and that's very rare for me.

I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I've done that.

Last one was a new game plus on The Last of Us Remastered on ps4 pro.

I go through many games more than once, mostly just for trophies, trying out those often fun challenges but often stupid grindy parts, which sometimes improves my opinion of the game with a better understanding of its mechanics and seeing some thoughtful stuff, but sometimes I also notice more imperfections than first round.
Happens that I play some games on different plattforms, when rereleased, Dead Nation, Wipeout HD, Limbo, but directly after the first round just for fun; Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines with another character, was probably the last time.

Top Bottom