• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How will you remember Rare?

Wyzdom said:
Donkey Kong Country 2, Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark. Rare will never reach these heights again.

that's exactly how I feel, I still remember all the rumors about the ice key and the eggs in bajo kazzoie and those codes to get them

I'll remember them for 1997, the last year they were relevant in gaming. GoldenEye, DKR, Blast Corps, with the prospect of Banjo soon thereafter. They were king of the hill for one golden year.

After that they were plagued with delays, and oh yeah, no games. The "collectathons" thing is way overblown. Though it did wreck JFG.

Anyway, I'll remember them for '97.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
As the company that made
RC Pro Am series
Wizards & Warriors series
Killer Instinct (nostalgia pick: arcade only, good music, gameplay is mostly feh)
Blast Corps.

and a bunch of other shit that I don't care about.

Mandoric said:
By the toothmarks in the NES pad I was using when I hit the speed bike level in Battletoads.

I played that level ENDLESSLY, it was so goddamn hard. But I did beat it.

Which is more than I can say for Snake Rattle N Roll. DAMN YOU RARE

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'll remember them for Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing.

The golden era for Rare IMO

They made the N64 a worthy purchase. Without Rare, N64= shit

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I think their the reason the N64 seems better than the GC most the time...it was if there was a whole 'nother part of Nintendo making fascinating games. Which I guess...there was. Unfortunately, their gone now and both parties seem to be hurting for it.

Hope one of their new games is decent. Don't really think they will be, but hope so.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
For these:

jetpac.jpg
pstcov_big.jpg
KnightLore-b.jpg

G-Fex

failures. Giving up the bond license to EA was a stupid move, Rare. You don't even care about anything anymore, PDZero won't be that good huh you fuckwits.

Ponn

Banned
I will always remember them for giving us P. Diddy's (oops, I mean just Diddy now) famous "Grabbed by the Ghoulies YO!"

Top Bottom