• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive is $799, ships early April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Enman lies :p

I was on with her earlier and she said the payment went through fine. I rang my bank to double check , and they confirmed it was declined at 1am (they sent me a 'is this legit?' text at midnight and you have an hour to reply before they decline it)

So I went back to HTC and got someone else, and they just said oh don't worry, its happening a lot, we'll retry sometime in the next couple of days :/

dumbo

My transaction is pending on my credit card. It was an "April Shipment Part 1 - UK" order.

Yep, debit card payment/uk shipment pt1 and my "account available" number has decreased by exactly the cost of a Vive... I assume the payment itself will appear until later.

taoofjord

Enman lies :p

I was on with her earlier and she said the payment went through fine. I rang my bank to double check , and they confirmed it was declined at 1am (they sent me a 'is this legit?' text at midnight and you have an hour to reply before they decline it)

So I went back to HTC and got someone else, and they just said oh don't worry, its happening a lot, we'll retry sometime in the next couple of days :/

I wouldn't worry, there should still be plenty of time for yours to arrive along side the others in the first wave.

Durante

Woke up to another processing e-mail from HTC, this time in German. I guess it's not again the general one going out for everybody no matter what wave? Maybe shipping is indeed happening today. I can feel the emotion already.
Yeah, I think it's just another general one.

Tadie

They took my money it seems, IT here :D

broke-8.gif

Nice nice......I used Paypal..... :)

Hi. Ooooo, it smells nice in here. Just coming in from the Rift thread. I am considering switching my preorder. Quick controller question: Can I use whatever controller I want or do I have to use the touch controls?

Hi. Ooooo, it smells nice in here. Just coming in from the Rift thread. I am considering switching my preorder. Quick controller question: Can I use whatever controller I want or do I have to use the touch controls?

Yes you can use whatever you want (or whatever the game supports). The Vive is a superset of the Rift at this point, providing every feature they have + more.

To be fair, it's a hardware superset, not necessarily a software superset (yet?).

You're right, that is worth clarifying. I do think we're going to get to a point where you can play any VR game on either headset, whether support is official or otherwise.

What's the charge on your guys card say? Gonna go to the bank and need to know what to tell them to make sure it goes through

My charge is from DRI*HTC CORPORATION. I am in the US.

artsi

Alright I just put in my Vive order, got an April date on the pre-order page after refreshing for this day.

No idea if it works or if I have to wait until May anyway, but nothing to lose here. Hype!

simonski

Alright I just put in my Vive order, got an April date on the pre-order page after refreshing for this day.

No idea if it works or if I have to wait until May anyway, but nothing to lose here. Hype!

Noticed that too - is it possible some places in the (really poorly maintained) queue have been freed up by cancelled orders/failed payments? Good luck!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Noticed that too - is it possible some places in the (really poorly maintained) queue have been freed up by cancelled orders/failed payments? Good luck!

HTC support were reassuring people that failed payments wouldn't lose your place in the queue. You might get it a bit later but your unit should still be reserved?

Zalusithix

It's already been confirmed that any canceled orders vacate the order slot and allow a new one to be put in its place. What's not confirmed is whether they'll actually honor those cases or whether they'll just ship via order time. Doesn't hurt anybody that's placing an order for the first time, but it's a gamble to cancel an existing order to exploit the bug.

HTC support were reassuring people that failed payments wouldn't lose your place in the queue. You might get it a bit later but your unit should still be reserved?
Failed payments aren't cancellations.

artsi

It's already been confirmed that any canceled orders vacate the order slot and allow a new one to be put in its place. What's not confirmed is whether they'll actually honor those cases or whether they'll just ship via order time. Doesn't hurt anybody that's placing an order for the first time, but it's a gamble to cancel an existing order to exploit the bug.

Yeah, no idea what happens, my confirmation email says April too.. would be awesome if they shipped it in this month, but I'm not mad if it's pushed to May either. Just wanted to use that chance.

Would not have ordered another one if I had one already placed, that's true.

YuShtink

Really hope HTC tries charging again today. I've notified Chase with 3 different calls telling them to let it through. Going to be so pissed if it gets canceled.

Jams775

Are the people getting charged getting an email confirmation right after or do they show a charge on their card and nothing? I need a reason to stop checking my account every 5 minutes.

Just called my bank to confirm the charge wasn't going to be declined. They said it went through and that it will continue to show as pending on my account for 24 hours. Phew! Wonder when I'll get my shipping notice. US here.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Still waiting for shipment like most people. Got April order but paid with PayPal. I'll just use the rift until my vive comes in for steamvr

Virtual Desktop is legit lol

Cancelled my Rift preorder and ordered the Vive today. The GB stream of the Rift completely unsold me on the product...just so disappointing. $900 is definitely a tougher pill to swallow than $680, but I think the extra cost is justified.

Cimarron

I have to admit I am getting a bit ansy since I have not received a tracking number yet. My card has already been charged. East Coast US.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cancelled my Rift preorder and ordered the Vive today. The GB stream of the Rift completely unsold me on the product...just so disappointing. $900 is definitely a tougher pill to swallow than $680, but I think the extra cost is justified.

tested review was more positive. Also you haven't seen the GB stream for the vive launch yet :)

KScorp

Crap, when I placed the order the item description said shipping in April, but the confirmation email I received says shipping in May. Didn't notice that until now.

Damn.

Compsiox

Banned
Crap, when I placed the order the item description said shipping in April, but the confirmation email I received says shipping in May. Didn't notice that until now.

Damn.

Yeah you're not the only one who saw it. Whoever was fastest to order got it.

Faith

Damn.
Look at it on the bright side: there will be less bugs and more software :)

tested review was more positive. Also you haven't seen the GB stream for the vive launch yet :)

Well, if it's anything like the Rift stream, I'll cancel it too. I'm hopeful though - I watched a few videos of Job Simulator and Audioshield and they looked like a lot of fun using the motion controllers.

Just got an April order in using Artsi's method lol. Confirmation email says they begin shipping in April as well while the first order I made last night says May. We'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom