• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive is $799, ships early April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

barugon

I use a wireless headset with a USB dongle (ps4 gold headset). I'm assuming we can choose the audio device in Windows when using the headset and ignore the Vive's 3.5mm connector. Can anyone confirm that?

I only ordered yesterday but I'm unable to view my order online. The Quick Order Look Up has two options to view your order, and neither work for me - I get "Incorrect order number and/or password." When I try to contact customer service via the htcvive.com website online form I get this email response:
"Our email address and customer support contact number has changed, please visit http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/ or alternatively visit http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/email/ to submit your enquiry."

And when I contact them via the contact email option on the htc.com/uk website I get the same email response!

Arghhhh.

If you're signed in, you can go to order history over on the left of that same page and you should be able to check it.

You should really try reaching out to them on the HTC forums if you haven't already.

EDIT: Oh, first post. Well, my Murphy bed came together beautifully and I now have double the space for roomscale! :D My wife also loves it! She is way cooler on all the money I've spent now lol.
I'm going to do exactly that. Once I know where in the forums to post.

Brannon

I want one, but I'm gonna have to get a smaller bed.

And get a smaller dresser because I don't use half of it...

And get rid of that filing cabinet because I have a closet I can put that paperwork in...

And get rid of this large cedar storage trunk...

WHY DO I HAVE A LARGE CEDAR STORAGE TRUNK.

GOT MY SHIPPING CONFIRMATION!!!!!!

Scheduled for Wednesday delivery, though. Ughh...

Guess I'm taking Wednesday off!

YYfXLjz.gif

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

If you're signed in, you can go to order history over on the left of that same page and you should be able to check it.

OK so I had missed that :) Thanks! I need to change my contact phone number as I got a digit wrong when I ordered. I've now spoken to customer services who will get back to me to get it changed :)

Zalusithix

It's so much more peaceful when you don't have any chance of being in the first wave. You people are going to crash after the tension of waiting wears off. =P

I want one, but I'm gonna have to get a smaller bed.

And get a smaller dresser because I don't use half of it...

And get rid of that filing cabinet because I have a closet I can put that paperwork in...

And get rid of this large cedar storage trunk...

WHY DO I HAVE A LARGE CEDAR STORAGE TRUNK.

Bro, I literally just built one of these last weekend using these plans and it was really easy. Just modify the measurements a bit for the size of your bed.

http://www.ana-white.com/2010/03/plans-a-murphy-bed-you-can-build-and-afford-to-build.html

Mine looks just like this one but for a queen bed so longer and shorter as I have mine running lengthwise with the horizon.
3154829409_1372302421.jpg

I now have double the space!

Qassim

It's curious that countries like Germany and France have had shipping confirmations but from what we can tell, none in the UK yet.

OK so I had missed that :) Thanks! I need to change my contact phone number as I got a digit wrong when I ordered. I've now spoken to customer services who will get back to me to get it changed :)

Yeah, I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out the same thing before I noticed the link too lol.

Sky Chief

Just got my shipping notification. Got order confirmation 7 minutes past. Delivery to Northern California is expected on Wednesday. HYPE HYPE HYPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I listened to lots of podcasts that say The Lab game from Valve feels like an enhanced Wii Sports in making the case for motion controls. I love the fact they hid many mini games until release, I feel like it could be a killer app.

Cartman86

Banned
Does HTC charge you immediatly after preorder? and are the trackers wireless?

It looks like they don't charge until they are about to ship. That's what happened to me at least.

by the trackers do you mean the lighthouse stations that go in the corners of your room? If so then no they require one cable. A power cable that you can plug into any power outlet.

spekkeh

Banned
The money got reserved from my credit card early this morning. Now thirteen hours later no update. Tick tock tick tock.

taoofjord

I only ordered yesterday but I'm unable to view my order online. The Quick Order Look Up has two options to view your order, and neither work for me - I get "Incorrect order number and/or password." When I try to contact customer service via the htcvive.com website online form I get this email response:
"Our email address and customer support contact number has changed, please visit http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/ or alternatively visit http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/email/ to submit your enquiry."

And when I contact them via the contact email option on the htc.com/uk website I get the same email response!

Arghhhh.

Don't worry, that happened to me too. It took a couple days for me. Also, be sure to use the order number and password they gave you in the confirmation email to look the order up.

Maybe this will expand the Murphy bed/ wall-bed market.
Ideally you want a button that rotates all the features of your room around into Vive mode, like in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

What's the story with Paypal?

Also, it's only offering me ground shipping.

Well, if your bank is a bank, and does bank things, then you will not get your Vive, basically.

Bank sees $900 charge and wants to check if it's fraudulent first? ORDER PURGATORY, AWAIT CANCELLATION. Got a new debit card since you placed the order and need to update the info? ORDER PURGATORY, AWAIT CANCELLATION.

And no amount of calling customer service can ever save you from purgatory.

Where's my shipping notification?

:(

Welcome to purgatory, please submit a brand new order and get in the back of the line.

Bookoo

Man I have been batting 1000 on these VR headsets. I just want a charge or shipping confirmation on one of them....is it too much to ask? :(

Maybe this will expand the Murphy bed/ wall-bed market.

lol. Maybe, on the other hand though, pre built murphy beds range into the $1000s. The one I built looks really nice and only cost me $130. It was my first time building any kind of furniture but it only took me one weekend to build mostly by myself as I just needed my wife to help flip some of the larger pieces on the saw horses. She also wanted to paint it so I didn't argue with her on the colors or anything lol. I won't be seeing them in VR anyway!

taoofjord

US here. Made my order 3 minutes in.

Charge went through but haven't received a payment confirmation or shipping confirmation email.

Shipping notification here, too! West coast US, placed my order 7 mins after they opened it up for preorders. So excited!

Edit: ordered via credit card, fyi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom