• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive is $799, ships early April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KScorp

I ordered it really late on the day the preorder began, so I fully expected to miss the April batch. The description just got my hopes up haha.

What exactly are you guys doing?

This:
It seems like when someone cancels their order the slot is released for new customers, bug or intentional, I don't know. I've seen April come up three times today and then switch back to May after a while.

It carried on to the order confirmation email, so hopefully it sticks!
I used this Chrome addon: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh-plus/ohfjpkccecpdfkpmfocndhepolhljfhg

Added a filter that when it loses the string "May 2016" it will play a sound alarm. Rushed in to order right after I heard it, lol.

No guarantee that date will stick though.

Exuro

What exactly are you guys doing?
F5 the preorder page until May 2016 changes to April 2016 and then order it.

One problem I have with the HTC site is there's no way to update the order. I went through the preorder pretty quickly to snag the spot so I could had possibly punched in my card number wrong. Hopefully if it is wrong they allow me to change it and not outright cancel the order.

YuShtink

Just got off another chat with an HTC rep. Still just pushing the whole "we'll try charging again today or tomorrow" but of course that's what they said yesterday and now orders are shipping to my region. Whatever. Between this bullshit and Oculus's "launch" I'm ready to throw my hands up and just stop trying. Fuck VR lol.

Jams775

Talked to my bank and they said they'd hold the charge then call to make sure it was legit. Anyone's bank do that too? Couldn't flag it or anything.

bigmac996

So the worst thing happened.

My order, like some canadian orders was cancelled by HTC early this morning. We were all in the batch of orders that had their credit cards deny the transaction, and despite HTC reassuring we were fine, our orders were cancelled. HTC is looking into resolving this, sounds like maybe an automated process so if they don't charge people's cards today it could be happening to US orders tomorrow. What a shit show.

Also, those people f5ing the orders might be inadvertently snagging the april orders that belonged to us canadians and aussies that were wrongfully cancelled. I don't blame you guys for doing it though.

YuShtink

So the worst thing happened.

My order, like some canadian orders was cancelled by HTC early this morning. We were all in the batch of orders that had their credit cards deny the transaction, and despite HTC reassuring we were fine, our orders were cancelled. HTC is looking into resolving this, sounds like maybe an automated process so if they don't charge people's cards today it could be happening to US orders tomorrow. What a shit show.

Also, those people f5ing the orders might be inadvertently snagging the april orders that belonged to us canadians and aussies that were wrongfully cancelled. I don't blame you guys for doing it though.

My order is technically still just "held up" and not canceled but I've got a sinking feeling that it's going to sit for another day with no attempt at recharge and then be canceled. I feel you man, it's a major bummer.

bigmac996

My order is technically still just "held up" and not canceled but I've got a sinking feeling that it's going to sit for another day with no attempt at recharge and then be canceled. I feel you man, it's a major bummer.

Yeah this is a major bummer. I think after 30-something hours their system kicks in to cancel the orders, so for a lot of Canadians it was early this morning, around 4 am. So unless they get rid of that process it could happen to a lot of Americans. Pretty sure the issue was more widespread there.

Good luck man, hopefully we can get these Vives sooner than later.

taoofjord

Best of luck to everyone having problems having the charge GP through.

By the way, I know we're all ravenously excited waiting for the Vive but I have to say that this is still one of the most pleasant threads I've seen on GAF. Lots of friendly (and happy) people here.

artsi

By the way, I know we're all ravenously excited waiting for the Vive but I have to say that this is still one of the most pleasant threads I've seen on GAF. Lots of friendly (and happy) people here.

I'm pleased that the VR wars have calmed down.. everyone is just waiting for their own now :p

Zalusithix

Well, outside of billing screwiness (that I blame more on DR than anything - they've always sucked), there really hasn't been anything to dampen the mood. Helps to keep spirits high.

iceatcs

I have declined from them after ordered MS office product.

Digital River is a private company that provides global ecommerce, payments and marketing services. That's why it is common stolen card use it.

Compsiox

Banned
IT'S HERE! GOODBYE REAL WORLD!

oLvGJxR.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
whoa, that's awesome! I got a question: is the box built to where I can easily store the VIVE back when I'm not using it?

Compsiox

Banned
I'll see you all on the otherside!!

The controllers feel amazing and the Pre box is not the same as the Consumer so look into that :)

viveks86

Guys, in case you didn't know, that's a pre. Compsiox bought it off ebay.

Probably not that different from the consumer version though

I'm going to fucking kill someone. Why the ever loving shit can I not just UPDATE THE FUCKING CARD INFORMATION!?

I'm about to have my order cancelled by the fucking system because no one anywhere in that company has the power to change my card info. What the fuck.

I'm going to fucking kill someone. Why the ever loving shit can I not just UPDATE THE FUCKING CARD INFORMATION!?

I'm about to have my order cancelled by the fucking system because no one anywhere in that company has the power to change my card info. What the fuck.

You should really try reaching out to them on the HTC forums if you haven't already.

EDIT: Oh, first post. Well, my Murphy bed came together beautifully and I now have double the space for roomscale! :D My wife also loves it! She is way cooler on all the money I've spent now lol.

Compsiox

Banned
Can you please test the bluetooth function for me? Does it work good? Will I receive WhatsApp messages in the headset?

Thanks! :)

Sorry bye that I meant the Pre doesn't have that function. Unless they just have to enable it through a firmware update. I'll look into it!

I only ordered yesterday but I'm unable to view my order online. The Quick Order Look Up has two options to view your order, and neither work for me - I get "Incorrect order number and/or password." When I try to contact customer service via the htcvive.com website online form I get this email response:
"Our email address and customer support contact number has changed, please visit http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/phone/ or alternatively visit http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/email/ to submit your enquiry."

And when I contact them via the contact email option on the htc.com/uk website I get the same email response!

Arghhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom