• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am a huge idiot - I bought the wrong 3DS Zelda game on eBay

I wanted a new 3DS game badly to break up the tedium of Animal Crossing and I have been so hyped for Link Between Worlds. I tried eBay to find fair auction prices since Amazon has been selling it higher than MSRP and thought I found one. Well I won and paid for it and JUST NOW realized it's fucking Ocarina of Time 3D! Shiiiiiiiiiiit. $38 is a ripoff for that version. I've played OOT enough times. The seller says he doesn't do returns but I sent an informative message about the situation. Am I fucked?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331075135520

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Couldn't hurt to email the seller, but yeah, that's unfortunate. And it's not a problem with his listing, either. Sorry, breh.

Edit: Wait, why the fuck did you pay almost $40 for a used, cart-only copy of a game that's readily available on store shelves?

Didn't know Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds sounded so similar...

Seriously, the listing wasn't confusing, I'd say this was a mistake on your part. If the seller doesn't do returns, then... try emailing the seller your mistake.

379ch.gif

Kintaco

Did you pay already? Buyers have always sent me messages backing out of auctions. And ebay didnt do anything about it. If you haven't played just say you bought it by mistake, which the truth.
Edit: I'm bad at reading. I see you paid already.

Morgadeth

It's a lot better than the N64 version because it gives you visual hints. I'll probably get back into it if I get a 3DS XL

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I'll buy it off you for $10, but since it doesn't look complete, how about $5

Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)

Anyway, to the OP: I hate to be an arse, but the listing is very clear, you clearly didn't check the listing, although going by the bidding you were not the only one to have bid this, and it appears to be still the going rate?

Again, hate to say it, but suck it up? The seller shouldn't be punished for a buyer error really.

This is the last time I buy a caseless game. Case covers are a lot more visually distinct than names.

This is just retribution for buying so much stuff on Black Friday. I need to slow down and wait for Christmas.

Go ahead and laugh at me, it's why I made this thread. Hopefully the seller replies soon and is nice.

Haha the same thing happened to me a few years ago. I was trying to buy spirit tracks but i was so excited I just grabbed the first Zelda game I saw with toon link without even closely examining it. It turned out to be phantom hourglass. You wouldn't believe how stupid I felt.
I dont regret it though. great game

LuchaShaq

Banned
It's Ebay you can just send it back to the guy and lie and say he sent you a bag of dogshit and paypal will just refund you and fuck him over no matter how much proof he has.

Fallom

Banned
Just going to reiterate that you decided to buy a 3DS game off of eBay for retail price instead of just going to a store. What the hell.

Teknoman

This is the last time I buy a caseless game. Case covers are a lot more visually distinct than names.

This is just retribution for buying so much stuff on Black Friday. I need to slow down and wait for Christmas.

Go ahead and laugh at me, it's why I made this thread. Hopefully the seller replies soon and is nice.

To be fair, the listing does say Ocarina of Time 3D and the image is pretty clear.

But I mean, I dont think you were going to save any money on link between worlds since it just released like a week or so ago. Just grab it at a normal brick and mortar or online at Toys R us.

Or even the GAF BST thread probably could see you a better deal. If I was the seller, and it hadnt shipped, i'd just refund and no harm/no foul though.

Come on OP..."Ocarina of Time 3D" isn't exactly similar to "Link Between Worlds." That isn't something you can easily confuse.

Maybe I could understand if you confused "Link's Awakening DX" with "Link's Awakening," but for this? You receive none of my sympathy! :)

Top Bottom