• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am a huge idiot - I bought the wrong 3DS Zelda game on eBay

The Lamp

Paying over $30 for a 3DS game with no case? Wow.

This.

You failed pretty hard for more reasons than just mixing up the games. The fact that you paid that much for just the cartridge of a game that is readily available in stores is just pitiful.

OP still hasn't explained why he didn't buy it from one of the many available stores that have it for only two dollars more brand new.

Omega

Banned
You deserve it

That's what you get for buying second hand off e-Bay trying to "save" money.

The game retails for $39.99

I don't know where you're from, but here in America hype has a different definition.

Sendou

What the hell? Even buying A Link Between Worlds for $38 is questionable since you can easily find it cheaper than that.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This somewhat reminds me of the accidentally buying a PS+ game topic, but at least that guy had a glitch to partly blame. Why do people not read what they are bidding on or buying? I mean these things are connected to your bank accounts, and it quite obviously says Ocarina of Time too, everyone shoukd check what you are abiut to spend money on regardless of how many times you have used the service before.

FuuRe

Well at least you are aware of your idiocy, i've known thousands of idiots being themselves everyday, unaware of their problem

You NEVER buy the wrong Zelda game.

Buying a Zelda game is always a win.

zeldacdi.jpg

vareon

Is buying from eBay that easy? I mean it's an auction, not as straightforward as to just go to another store and buy it since the game will be $39.99 every place anyway.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
This is the Italian food thread of gaming side isn't it? If only OP posted before he realized and had tried to gloat about his "great buy".

SRTtoZ

You spent almost $39 for a used game with no case when you could have gone anywhere else and gotten it brand new? That's the sin here, who cares about if it's the wrong game or not...

Tripon

Ask him about the case. You can at least get your money back down the line if the item isn't as described.
Hmm, seemed the eBay seller changed it to good condition, but still said there is a case. If there isn't a case, I'd notify eBay to get your money back.

Sakura

I don't understand. Even if this was Link Between Worlds that you bought, it still wouldn't make any sense. The game is like, $38.83 brand new at Walmart for crying out loud. And you were willing to pay 36 dollars for a used, caseless, copy of it?

Copenap

The huge reading fuck up besides, Op what is wrong with you buying a used copy from ebay instead of a sealed copy from Amazon for 4$ saving?

you say that like it's a good thing tho

Isn't it though? It's like the best game ever made. Still. Apparently. Like it hasn't aged a day. (LOL)

man people want to talk about hyperbole wander into any OoT3D user reviews and you can immediately tell who played the game when it was new and are reviewing the game based on those old feels, and who is playing and judging the game from a standpoint that isn't clouded by nostalgia

still though, not a bad game at all. It's just as someone who missed the OoT party bus back in the day I've had infinitely more fun with A Link Between Worlds than I ever did with OoT3D

Isn't it though? It's like the best game ever made. Still. Apparently. Like it hasn't aged a day. (LOL)

man people want to talk about hyperbole wander into any OoT3D user reviews and you can immediately tell who played the game when it was new and are reviewing the game based on those old feels, and who is playing and judging the game from a standpoint that isn't clouded by nostalgia

I played the game to completion for the first time on the 3DS, only playing bits and pieces of the N64 version (never owned it). It's not perfect, but the praise is far from "clouded by nostalgia". It makes some tight design and world-building choices, that while are no longer "impressive," are faaaaaaar from bad, or even terrible aged.

JakeD

Not the best move, but you get to play one of the best games ever again. Think of the people who spent like $80 on the limited edition call of duty ghosts. Doesn't seem so bad now right?!

Were you high at the time of the purchase, OP? It's okay, you can tell us...

If the seller won't take it back (and they're well within their rights not to, as the listing is marked correctly and shows the right picture), then you'll just have to sell it to recoup some of your losses.

Top Bottom