• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am a huge idiot - I bought the wrong 3DS Zelda game on eBay

test_account

XP-39C²
You can explain it to the seller and say you made a mistake. Maybe the seller wont approve or believe you, but it could be worth a try.

Tripon

Were you high at the time of the purchase, OP? It's okay, you can tell us...

If the seller won't take it back (and they're well within their rights not to, as the listing is marked correctly and shows the right picture), then you'll just have to sell it to recoup some of your losses.

There is some question of the listing marked correctly. There's no case in the picture, but he marked it as having a case and manual.

Hate to be a dick but OP failed on so many levels. Even if it was the right game, he paid 38$ for a used copy of a 40$ brand new game

I have no advice to give. I just find it amazing that you managed to bid on something without realizing what it was. I'm curious if you searched for just "Zelda" or typed "A Link Between Worlds."

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
ihJ8cCzUNjyrQ.gif
This is probably the most horrible I've ever felt laughing at a gif

Bravo

Tripon

I didn't have a prob selling a PS3 a couple of months ago that actually was in a worse condition than I've described lol
even got good feedback

hahaha. Maybe I should try to sell some of my games over eBay. Anyone want Fire Emblem PoR, and RD? Reserve price is $100, lol.

Sapiens

Just do a Paypal chargeback and tell seller not to ship. Customer is always right even if they are wrong on eBay.

Heimbeck

Banned
We all do stupid things sometimes OP, but maybe you can put it on eBay and find someone else who wants to pay $40 for it.

Unlikely but they did it so you might have some luck.

mobius006

Is this true? I don't think I should sell my PS3 on ebay then...
EBay is super buyer friendly unfortunately. However with this being under 200 the seller just needs to have proof of shipment and delivery and he should be fine. Even with a PayPal claim.

OP the seller would be smart to refund you since you seem to be getting a ton of shady advice in here. It wouldn't be worth my time for the extra 12 bucks profit vs what this should have sold for.

In the future just by the game at a store or digital I stead of trying to save like 8 bucks.

In the future just by the game at a store or digital I stead of trying to save like 8 bucks.
He barely saved $2, and that's if he would've got the right game. (Not including a discount for it being used)

Why would you ever buy a used game that's not significantly cheaper than a new copy? OP failed pretty hard.
Don't worry, we all make mistakes.

NIN90

I dunno, maybe try to function like a real human being and contact the seller?

EDIT: lmao I just clicked the link and the "More chances to get what you want" row is entirely filled with OoT copies.

NolbertoS

I always make sure to read the auction's carefully, and u should've checked amazon, target and best buy for a price comparison. I only use ebay for rare games

Shady859

OP is a dumbass, this is why I used to love Ebay.

And now real advice and why I quit straight up selling and just use buy it now with immediate payment required. DO NOT PAY and just take a non-payment strike on your account. Still yet you paid $5 below retail for a cart only, Gamestop must have been closed..

Edit: I missed the part about you noticed after you paid... That's even worse on your part you had it all in your face again. facepalm

n64coder

I once bought 3 copies of the same game by accident from Amazon last year.

Surprisingly, this is not difficult to do when you do preorders. I bought 2 copies of X & Y each because I had done a pre-order in July and then anothe preorder in Sept forgetting that I already had it on order.

-MD-

Surprisingly, this is not difficult to do when you do preorders. I bought 2 copies of X & Y each because I had done a pre-order in July and then anothe preorder in Sept forgetting that I already had it on order.

I've never seen a reason to preorder a game. I did it was I was younger but I eventually stopped and nothing changed. B&M/Online stores never sell out of full priced games.

Tripon

Uh, Amazon posts that you bought an item on a certain date on the top of the page, even for pre-orders.

Heimbeck

Banned
I've never seen a reason to preorder a game. I did it was I was younger but I eventually stopped and nothing changed. B&M/Online stores never sell out of full priced games.

I never would if it wasn't for Amazon.
Although there were shortages for GTA V, didn't last very long though.

my dyslexic friend accidentally bought a Gracie instead of a Garcia beanie baby back in the day.

I wanted to strangle him. we were in business together.

-MD-

I didn't even notice the price hahahaha. $38.59 for a used copy of a $39.99 game. Wow.

I picked up a brand new copy at Kmart on Thanksgiving for $29.99

Top Bottom