• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I haven't had a Reese's PB cup with really fresh PB inside in about 3 years

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Maybe I'm the unluckiest guy in the world, but I don't ever remember having a drought this long. Until the last few years most of them had pretty fresh roasty peanuty tasting peanut butter inside. Some would even taste like they were right from the factory with super moist fresh peanut butter and crisp edges of the cup.

I'm in a 3 year long drought. I don't eat them every week, so maybe it's just bad luck, but they're my favorite candy and every single time I've bought a bag from the supermarket they've had the stale tasting peanut butter inside that is white-ish in color and crumbly. I'm sorry, but they taste like crap when they're like that. All different assortments too. I tried regular size, minis, etc. I had my first bag in almost a year a couple days ago, and it was just awful yet again.

Am I the only one experiencing this phenomenon or has Reese's gone down hill?

Alx

Isn't the date of production printed somewhere on the bag ? You should be able to check if they're old or not (and maybe next time check in the store if there are "fresher" ones hidden in the back).

WaterAstro

Reese's never used real Peanut Butter.

Try natural peanut butter, and it will blow you away how different it is when they don't add anything and just use peanuts.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Isn't the date of production printed somewhere on the bag ? You should be able to check if they're old or not (and maybe next time check in the store if there are "fresher" ones hidden in the back).

I'll have to check for that. All I've seen before is the "best buy" and then the date. None of them were past "expiration" although they don't really expire on those dates.

Chinbo37

For me Minis always tasted better and more fresh. But I stopped eating them about 10 years ago. Used to love them tho.

I would imagine its some sort of cost cutting measure.

Tetra-9

Man, this is why I've stopped eating them. It seems like whenever I do have them they're to the point where the peanut butter is more crumbly and not very soft. Come to think of it, I had pretty much forgotten that they could be so smooth and delicious.

TBiddy

Try natural peanut butter, and it will blow you away how different it is when they don't add anything and just use peanuts.

This. So much this. Why would you settle for less than the real thing?

SonicSleuth

Because personal taste is a thing. And sometimes the thing that's existed for generations simply tastes better than the "real" thing.

This whole "it's healthy/fresh/real so it tastes better" revolution needs to have their heads examined.

Because personal taste is a thing. And sometimes the thing that's existed for generations simply tastes better than the "real" thing.

This whole "it's healthy/fresh/real so it tastes better" revolution needs to have their heads examined.
Haha, wow. Heads examined? What happened to personal taste?

Ubername

Banned
Go to convenience stores and load up, their stock usually turns over pretty quick, otherwise it might be a regional thing, try someone who has to ship to you.

-Minsc-

I feel "natural" will never tastes as good as engineered. There are chemists working around the clock (9-5) to make food super tasty. For the so-called organic stuff, if one isn't growing it for themselves then it likely isn't worth it.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

Fresh "real" food tends to taste better than artificial shit. That's not a revolutionary idea. And this goes for peanut butter. Real peanut butter tastes better and has a much better texture than cheap artificial shit. Crappy peanut butter with a long list of ingredients tends to barely even resemble the taste of peanuts and has the consistency of clay.

highrider

Banned

Natural isn’t always better, particularly in something like a candy bar. I love a good legit pb, but I add honey for sweetness. I’m almost looking for a dessert like experience with peanut butter tho, everyone is different.

SonicSleuth

Haha, wow. Heads examined? What happened to personal taste?

Nobody said they couldn't have their personal taste, their heads need examining for pretending everyone has the same taste buds and desires. Look at the post below, it's like a given FACT that the texture of real peanut butter is better? Hell no. From my perspective, real peanut butter is greasy sludge. No thanks.

But it's so cool to call people out for not adhering to the natural revolution. Yawn.

hitsugi

Get the Reese's Santa if you can find it. It was borderline creamy compared to normal Reese's cups.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
buckeye.jpg

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't know where to get PB cups with "real peanut butter" but I can say that Trader Joe's make great PB cups. Highly recommend if you haven't tried them. They always taste super fresh.

Top Bottom