• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just obliterated my phone :( so....Nexus 5 or Xperia Z1>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just obliterated my phone. I have dropped it 100 times or more and never had an issue, I guess my luck ran out finally.

It was a Samsung S3 4G I was happy with it, but I hate touchwiz and I refuse to go back to Samsung because of it. Don't even get me fucking started on iPhone's can't stand them for more reasons than I can list.

Now, my real issue here is, do I get the Sony Xperia Z1 or the LG Nexus 5

I'm currently still under contract on the phone and my options are.

1. Buy a Nexus 5 outright for $449AU 32GB. This renders my 64GB mSD card almost useless and it's almost full. I could cut out a lot of music though.

2. Buy an Xperia Z1, I want this phone but the price is $668AU, I have the cash for it, and I don't have the cash for it, I really need to be saving right now and that digs a pretty big hole back out of my savings

3. I really hate this option but it's the cheapest. Recontract and pay out whats left on the old handset of $227, and get the Z1.

Here is a comparison.

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5705&idPhone2=5596

Thanks in advance.

reminder

I don't know if it helps, but i also thought about to get either an Xperia Z1 or a Nexus 5. I went for the Nexus 5 becuase you get great specs for a low price. And i love the N5.

I'm sure i'd also love the Z1, but idk if it's worth the higher price point.

It was a Samsung S3 4G I was happy with it, but I hate touchwiz and I refuse to go back to Samsung because of it.

Ahem.

Between Nexus 5 and Xperia Z1 it's simply one is cheaper and pure android, the other is higher quality and a Sony skin.

Personally, I'd recommend the Nexus 5, it's cheaper, will probably run faster while staying up to date with the latest androids.

I was in the same dilemma. I got my brother a Z1 and got myself a Nexus 5.

Z1 is clearly a car superior phone but since he needed a phone more than me (his phone broke), I got him the Z1.

I got myself Nexus 5 simply because it was cheaper with no contract, and it had enough features and functionality to satisfy me.

If you want the most superior phone, get Z1.
If you want a phone that's fulfills the need of what makes a smartphone amazing without emptying your wallet, get Nexus 5.

buying outright? nexus 5, absolutely.

edit: doesn't the n5 have an mSD slot?

No it's missing one which is a bit shit. Honestly, it's what kills it for me, I'd have purchased it except for the lack of mSD. I know because it lacks a mSD I'm making a compromise.

catmincer

Z1 would be my choice. It's been confirmed it'll get 4.4 next year and it's getting 4.3 next month. PLus waterproofing is really handy if you're like me and tend to drop phones in things they don't belong. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom