• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nexus 5 shows up in benchmark scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
WCCF Tech said:
While it was reported that Huawei and Google were forming a coalition to launch the successor of Nexus 6 this year, South Korean phone maker LG might have secretly formed a partnership with the tech giant order to release a Nexus smartphone of its own. Previously, both LG and Google came together and rolled out Nexus 5, which was a brilliant handset in terms of both price and performance. Now thanks to the latest AnTuTu benchmarking score leak, LG might be on track to release a Nexus 5 2015 variant this year.

According to the latest leak, LG Nexus 5 2015 was able to obtain a score of 85,530 points in the latest AnTuTu benchmarking results. For comparison purposes, Galaxy S6, which is the best performing handset of 2015 in terms of benchmarking scores has been able to obtain a score of 68,157 points in regular mode and 52,665 points in power saving mode.

While we were contemplating that LG Nexus 5 2015 might be fitted with a Snapdragon 810 SoC, the flagship chipset from Qualcomm is unable to zip past Samsung’s Exynos 7420 in this particular benchmarking test. After looking at these scores we have to wonder, which mobile chipset could be running in this handset.

At present there are only two that could overpower the processing capabilities of Exynos 7420. One of them is Helio X20, while the other is Snapdragon 820. However, MediaTek had earlier stated that its 10-core chipset will be able to obtain a score of 70,000+ in AnTuTu, whereas, the score in front of us goes up to 15,000 additional points.

Moving on, a Snapdragon 820 could also be present inside LG Nexus 5 2015, but so far, we have only received scores of what the SoC is capable of in a Geekbench leak. Our instinct is telling us to dismiss the score as being completely fake, since there have been past scenarios where smartphone manufacturers deliberately manipulated scores to appear higher than they were in order to sell smartphones faster than hot cakes.

Looks like we are going to have to wait for more leaks to pop up in the future if we are going to give credibility to the aforementioned score.

Source

I really liked the Nexus 5, but Nexus 6 is just too big for my taste. Excited for this.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This is wccftech, known in the hardware world as a click-baity website that has no problem making up rumors.

Calabi

And it can maintain that performance for 0.8 seconds, the rest of the time it can only reach 30 thousand. Just guessing.

Punto

Neo Member
If the price is right I would be interested. Getting tired of my N4 and I don´t really want to overspend on a new phone. Nexus (until 6) were always hitting in the "sweet spot" in terms of how much I got for what I paid.

If it´s too expensive I might consider a One plus two.

Nikodemos

And it can maintain that performance for 0.8 seconds, the rest of the time it can only reach 30 thousand. Just guessing.
Tech companies concentrating on burst performance to the detriment of sustained is pretty bad for gaming purposes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's bad enough these scummy websites posts these articles. But people don't take the time to read them or think critically before making a thread, perpetuating the click bait success.

Jonnax

Yup. I love my Nexus 5, but I thought the page must've been showing some other country's currency when I saw the price tag on the Nexus 6.

I'm doubting it'll be cheaper. The requirement to subsidise a phone to improve the quality of hardware on the market is pretty much gone.

Also I think Qualcomm have increased their prices as well.

GrapeApes

If you buy a Nexus, make sure you extend the warranty. Nexus 5 became a headache after the warranty ended. Infinite reboot loops and not recognizing valid SIM cards. I might still buy the next generation of the price is right but I'll def cover my ass better.

Sinfamy

I couldn't care less about the performance, it was never a problem with the Nexus phones, its always been the camera and most importantly the battery which is why I switched to the OPO.

Give me a great 3000+ Mah battery and 13+ MP OIS camera at $399.99 max and I'm in.

acm2000

If you buy a Nexus, make sure you extend the warranty. Nexus 5 became a headache after the warranty ended. Infinite reboot loops and not recognizing valid SIM cards. I might still buy the next generation of the price is right but I'll def cover my ass better.

mine is going fine, launch day unit

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Careful now, benchmark results are easily forged.

If true (which I doubt), those numbers point towards a Snapdragon 820 (I wonder about heat issues) and a rather step price.

JordanKZ

The GOAT phone returns! I love the Nexus 5. Aside from the battery it's one of the best Nexus phones ever produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom