• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need help Gaf. Lost my 15 year old Psn

bender

What time is it?
It was boring to confirm everytime. Worst decision ever.

200w.gif

When you say "And they say there is a warning that nothing can be done on that account."

Does that mean when they tried to look into your account, they found out your account had a warning on it?

Or does it mean when they tried to access your account, it gave the CS rep a warning that they could not make any changes to the account? ie resetting the password for you, etc?

Two very different things, but very important to know the difference. The former would mean there's some type of restriction on your account. The latter that they found nothing wrong with it or their system wouldn't allow them to correct the problem.

Also, I think if you were suspended, you'd have gotten some type of notification. You wouldn't try to log in and it just say "invalid password" but maybe I'm wrong.

They said that there is a message and they cant do anything about that. They dont say what it is, why. Only say that they cant do anything.

And this proves that my account is still linked to that email, is the only email that i ever used for gaming. I didnt recived any email of changing password or email. I just turned off my ps5, had lunch and got back. Took about 20 minutes.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
They said that there is a message and they cant do anything about that. They dont say what it is, why. Only say that they cant do anything.

And this proves that my account is still linked to that email, is the only email that i ever used for gaming. I didnt recived any email of changing password or email. I just turned off my ps5, had lunch and got back. Took about 20 minutes.
Well, you need to figure out what they meant by that. It could mean that your account is suspended or that they can't help you with your problem. The solutions to either of these are totally different. You have to know what this warning is and why they can't help you.

This is why I hate outsourcing customer service. People behave like robots going down a checklist of responses and don't actually offer legitimate help. The next step to regress in this area is to can live people altogether and just make everything a "virtual assistant."

I'd just keep calling until you get someone on the phone. Also, when you said "I came back and couldn't login anymore" does that mean you log out of your PS5 when you're done gaming? Or does that mean you turned it on again and clicked on your account, and instead of it taking you to the dashboard, it asked you to login and you couldn't? Logins should be automatic and it shouldn't ask you for your password unless your account changed.

Could also be some system glitch that affected your account.

They don't say what is the message. They only say that they can't do anything.

If they think I'm the hacker, they can ask me another things, because the I'd is my last name, they have all my info there. They have my devices, my ip.

I had 2 step, but stopped using it about 1 year ago.

When I asked if someone here can call then, It's because, and they only ask the email. Maybe they cant acess because it's an Us account, and I'm calling Brazilian Playstation support.
You can access the chat for US support from here https://support.playstation.com/LiveChatRequest?lang=en-us&topic=Legacy_NA ,

I am from Mexico and they helped me many times, the LATAM support is awful, one time they just closed the chat and I couldn't write anything.

Last edited:
I have no idea if I have 2FA enabled or not. I best log in now and find out.
I lost my original Xbox live account due to a move and a new ISP. I no longer had access to the old email account and they were not helpful in trying to get my account back.
My own fault for not updating my account info during the move. :(
I lost a bunch of xbox 360 Arcade games. Castle Crashers, Geometry wars, Bastion, Blade Kitten, Hydrophobia, Insane Twisted Planet, Shadow Complex, Undertow, And probly a bunch of others I can't remember.
Had to start all over with a new gamertag and everything.

I think having only 1 email on a gamer account should not be a thing with these online services. There needs to be other avenues to pursue for account verification.

What was your PSN name? Is it the same as here? Can check the trophy sites to see if anyone is logged in right now earning trophies.
its the same as here. All lower case.

I made a complaint too on the site. But if there is more people in the same situation as me, maybe its a sony problem? I will search if i find more people

ManaByte

Gold Member
its the same as here. All lower case.

I made a complaint too on the site. But if there is more people in the same situation as me, maybe its a sony problem? I will search if i find more people

Someone was playing 12 hours ago unlocking Multiversus achievements.

And you said you only play solo Fortnite and offline games, that doesn't appear to be the case:

Are you game sharing? Is that why you disabled 2FA?

Someone was playing 12 hours ago unlocking Multiversus achievements.

And you said you only play solo Fortnite and offline games, that doesn't appear to be the case:
[/URL]

Are you game sharing? Is that why you disabled 2FA?
That was me. I was testing the multiversus beta.

No, i tried the 2fa when sony launched it. I had it for a week and turned it off.

Im more calm now that i know more people are in thr same situation. At least now i know that i wasn't hacked.

th4tguy

The good news is the person who now has your account is most likely someone you know in real life, unless you started sharing your password with strangers online.

Try think who would do that/could do that.
Nah, if the password is used anywhere else, that email/ password combo is sitting in at least a dozen different txt dumps online from hacked sites.
Please run scripts to try those credentials across multiple services to find valid logins.
Once they are in, they can lock you out and sell your stuff.
Turning off 2fa was the worst mistake OP made.

Side note OP:
I seriously doubt support isn't talking with you because your account is US based.
They are most likely not talking with you because your account has been flagged for suspicious activity and is being reviewed but they should be able to explain that.
Have you called support and simply stated:" Hi, I think my account has been hacked. Whenever I call, I'm told support can't help me because my account is flagged. I would just like to know what the flag means and what my next steps should be to retrieve my account. "

No one here is going to hop on the phone with you. That is the most suspicious shit I've ever heard and if support interacted with you doing that, I wouldn't blame them for hanging up.

Persistence is the key here.
1: you need to be friendly and calm.
2: be very clear and direct with your issue and wanting to speak to management
3: if they drop you from the call, you keep calling back.

Last edited:
Nah, if the password is used anywhere else, that email/ password combo is sitting in at least a dozen different txt dumps online from hacked sites.
Please run scripts to try those credentials across multiple services to find valid logins.
Once they are in, they can lock you out and sell your stuff.
Turning off 2fa was the worst mistake OP made.

Side note OP:
I seriously doubt support isn't talking with you because your account is US based.
They are most likely not talking with you because your account has been flagged for suspicious activity and is being reviewed but they should be able to explain that.
Have you called support and simply stated:" Hi, I think my account has been hacked. Whenever I call, I'm told support can't help me because my account is flagged. I would just like to know what the flag means and what my next steps should be to retrieve my account. "

No one here is going to hop on the phone with you. That is the most suspicious shit I've ever heard and if support interacted with you doing that, I wouldn't blame them for hanging up.

Persistence is the key here.
1: you need to be friendly and calm.
2: be very clear and direct with your issue and wanting to speak to management
3: if they drop you from the call, you keep calling back.
I will wait for the reply in the complaint site. They see to be active there. If not, I will try the phone again and say that.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I dunno if sony has a similar different support like MS, but with MS if you put something in your cart and proceed to checkout, you can chat with someone that seems to be a completely different kind of support than their general customer support.
Perhaps try seeing if Sony/PSN has something similar?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Hey guys, what do I do?
I've had my psn account for 15 years, since the launch of the ps3, most of my games are digital, over 200 platinum.
I was playing this morning, I stopped for lunch. When I came back I couldn't log in anymore. It said my password was wrong, I asked to change the password in the email.
But I don't receive the email. I tried to get in touch via the playstation online chat and the phone. And they say there is a warning that nothing can be done on that account. But they don't say anything else, they don't say what I can do.
Has anyone ever experienced this? What should I do, my credit cards are there and the id is my last name.
I don't believe that I was hacked, because I didn't receive any email saying that the email was changed, it is still linked to the account. And my password is big. I didn't do anything unusual, I woke up, played games, turned off, had lunch and came back.
Ffs…2FA…sorry for your loss, but god damn, how many of these threads do we have to have before people realize 2FA. It’s not difficult.

anothertech

You can access the chat for US support from here https://support.playstation.com/LiveChatRequest?lang=en-us&topic=Legacy_NA ,

I am from Mexico and they helped me many times, the LATAM support is awful, one time they just closed the chat and I couldn't write anything.
Do this.

Your issue is likely using a US account in Brazil. Some hard line road blocks regardless of phone or online most likely.

Also do you family share with someone? Is it possible they shared anything?

Do you play online games that someone could have reported you and got you a temp or perm ban on PSN?

Banned
A lot of times people aren't using 2FA because they're game sharing but don't want to admit it.

you can game share without that tho. pretty sure you can set multiple systems up for login without password.
also if you activate a friend's PS5 as home console anyone on that console can use your games even if you are not logged in

Sgt.Asher

My launch ps3 got (YLOD). I currently only have my active ps5.
Did you throw it out? Because if you still have the ps3, the vin# (or serial number) should be on the back of the console, ask support if they can recover the account that way. You don't need to turn on the ps3, just give support the #.
Though i recovered my psn account 3ish years ago, so know idea if they still do it that way.

Generic

Got it back! I finally got to talk with sony US. They checked some personal info.They didnt say what happened. But i just turned on 2FA.
I really think its something related to the warner account and the beta. Hope this will not be a trend with the new game.

Thanks everyone, and go and turn your 2FA on !
Maybe there was a keylogger on your PC. Be sure to scan it.

bender

What time is it?
Got it back! I finally got to talk with sony US. They checked some personal info.They didnt say what happened. But i just turned on 2FA.
I really think its something related to the warner account and the beta. Hope this will not be a trend with the new game.

Thanks everyone, and go and turn your 2FA on !

See you next year when you get "bored" of having 2FA on again.

homer-simpson-the-simpsons.gif

Top Bottom