• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Spent Too Much Today On Zelda Stuff

Man I am such a sucker for Zelda. I bought the Tears Of The Kingdom OLED Switch and the Pro controller. Almost $500 on basically technology from 6 years ago. I have a Switch but not an OLED or a pro controller so there is SOME common sense in this purchase. But did I really need it? No. But LOOK AT IT!!!!!

Im still mad I never bought an extra Majoras Mask New 3DS XL back in the day. Now its soooo expensive on ebay, some up to $1000. I just own a black 3DS XL but play it all the time.
But the Switch is one of my favorite systems so Im also happy to have a backup for years to come and wont make the mistake I did with not getting the Majoras Mask 3DS.

Anyone else spend way too much today?

Last edited:

Laieon

I got the console, game, and amiibo preordered and I thought BOTW was just a 7/10 at best. It's a beauty of a console though, so if Tears is more of the same at least I'll have something pretty to look at.

I'd like to pick up the pro controller too, I don't have one.

Get the case and Amiibo too.
I’m very close to springing for the Amiibo but I need to see if it actually does something usefull ingame. Breath of the wild was far from my favorite Zelda but Ilove the franchise. I draw the line at the case. I have a perfectly good case already and have no itch to buy that.
I got the console, game, and amiibo preordered and I thought BOTW was just a 7/10 at best. It's a beauty of a console though, so if Tears is more of the same at least I'll have something pretty to look at.

I'd like to pick up the pro controller too, I don't have one.
Agreed 7/10. BOTW is towards the bottom of the tier list. But its Zelda, and I LOVE the Switch so I had to get the OLED.

You won't regret the Pro Controller purchase at the very least. They're really great with a seemingly infinite battery life and it's hard to go back to joycons once you've used them
Yeah I heard alot of great things (and I hate the joystick on the stock controllers) but I put off getting the pro controller because I like to keep my hands separate on my sides as I play. Very comfortable.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
$500 bucks for some dlc of a game and dlc of a 6 year old system….congrats, you are a part of the problem with todays gaming landscape. This right here is a shining example of why Nintendo keeps their games full price and remasters and releases everything over again multiple times.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Is it pretty easy to transfer everything over to a new switch if you buy one? I saw the splatoon 3 limited edition in the store the other day and I considered it hard since I’ve never owned a limited edition console before.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
six years into the life of the SNES or PS1 or PS2 or whatever you could get them for like $79. The price of this thing is obscene.

Robb

Gold Member
I’m still contemplating if I should buy it or not. Feels like the next Nintendo console is around the corner.

Gamerguy84

six years into the life of the SNES or PS1 or PS2 or whatever you could get them for like $79. The price of this thing is obscene.

It is, I was laughing at Target at the price of them a few nights ago. The thing is like GTA5. This is SE so I get that but I wouldnt open it.

Bridges

Yeah I heard alot of great things (and I hate the joystick on the stock controllers) but I put off getting the pro controller because I like to keep my hands separate on my sides as I play. Very comfortable.
Oh yeah, that's the saving grace of the joycons for sure. Playing BOTW with my hands in my pockets was a revelation, I don't think I've ever even used that little shell the joycons can click into to be more like a controller except for when friends are over that want it.

I wish I could split my Xbox controller in the same way.

Is it pretty easy to transfer everything over to a new switch if you buy one? I saw the splatoon 3 limited edition in the store the other day and I considered it hard since I’ve never owned a limited edition console before.
Yes, pretty easy. I just did something like this for my wife when she bought a Switch. You just send all data related to a given profile over to the other Switch (saves/whatever) and then download/use the software you want on the new one. You can do this for as many accounts as you need to, but yeah, it's fairly simple.

I also picked up one of these. I decided against the controller, case/etc though, just the unit.

Last edited:

Skelterz

$500 bucks for some dlc of a game and dlc of a 6 year old system….congrats, you are a part of the problem with todays gaming landscape. This right here is a shining example of why Nintendo keeps their games full price and remasters and releases everything over again multiple times.

Wow you must have all the answers buddy as if you’ve got the nerve to mouth this guy off for treating himself, So in your opinion we should only buy the things we like providing the company are “doing right” by the consumer 😂.

Part of the problem my ass.

E-Cat

giphy.gif

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Wow you must have all the answers buddy as if you’ve got the nerve to mouth this guy off for treating himself, So in your opinion we should only buy the things we like providing the company are “doing right” by the consumer 😂.

Part of the problem my ass.
OP legitimately bitched about spending the money on it. Just responding to the topic. Why are you so mad? It’s OP I was responding to.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm lucky the oled sold out because I would have probs purchased it if I wasn't away celebrating my bday lol.

Good on you op. Enjoy the oled upgrade.

Had a Switch since March 2017 until last week. No drifting here. Only controllers I've had drifting on are PS4 and Xbox.
I have a launch Switch and both joycons got the stick drift. I also have a pro controller that has drift in the left stick. Oh and the dpad is shit, but it was like that since release. The issues have been well documented and most people unfortunately will get it at some point.
Nintendo has really been really dropping the ball on the quality of their controllers and it's pretty crazy to think that 3rd parties are doing it better and for cheaper.

Reactions: TLZ

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I already got the game digitally on sale and the amiibo.

If my console ever breaks I'll get the Splatoon OLED. But I'm not buying a new Switch until it breaks. The fan sounds a little busted ...

Umbasaborne

Banned
So long as it makes you happy : )

Im still rocking my march 2017 switch, knock on wood it still works great. I dont play my switch hand held, so an oled switch would do nothing for me

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Can't believe it doesn't come with a digital version of the game at least. Nintendo know their fanbase all too well I guess. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

"If they're going to buy their third Switch then they will probably also cough up the dough for a copy of the game"

Astral Dog

Well..i don't see the point in getting a new Switch right now but Zelda is indeed an awesome series,and it also has good fans ,next month is going to be interesting

Top Bottom