• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Spent Too Much Today On Zelda Stuff

SCB3

I was gonna skip but I've always said that Nintendo ever do a Zelda themed switch I'll grab one, already have the CE of TotK paid for so this will be a nice addition, I'm using a Launch Day Switch now as it is and its starting to show its age a bit

I did the same, but only because I desperately needed a new switch. I'm a pilot, and my Switch has travelled a million hard miles in trans-atlantic flights over the last 6 years. It was beat to shit, even the ports where the joycons fit in are worn to the point of almost being loose. It will continue to be my travel Switch until it breaks, and this will stay at home. I also have a steamdeck, so my switch sees less use than ever, but I'll be playing Zelda on a new Zelda OLED.

I have the original BotW case, so ill probably buy the TotK case as well for this one.
My Switch Lite will continue to sit in it's box and never get used, because after trying it once, I wasn't a fan.

Plus, it wasn't fair that my wife had an Animal Crossing Switch, and mine was all plain jane launch trash :p

I'll be so damn happy when Nintendo moves on.

Enjoy your purchase OP, there will be a new switch out next year but at least you get to play the new Zelda game on an OLED and with a pro controller for the time being.

Also if you decide to get a switch 2 your Zelda switch will resale a bit higher than the standard OLED.

Mr Hyde

No regrets. The OLED is a great upgrade and this particular Zelda-model looks awesome. Would buy it myself but I already have an OLED (and a pro controller).

Rodolink

me too got the switch and collector's game, and worst thing is, 40€ more expensive than normal oled and the joycon stickers look super cheap.
but whatever, Zelda stuff doesnt come every year. Last time i bought all three editions of BoTW xD (wiiU because i had no switch, eu limited ed. and us limited ed.) 🙄

Rival

Gold Member
I had the console in my cart yesterday but decided against it because I just picked up an oled switch right after thanksgiving.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
It is a beautiful console. Those gold straps are a nice touch too.

Do you need us to click on some ads on your website?

It is a beautiful console. Those gold straps are a nice touch too.

Do you need us to click on some ads on your website?
Whats up with the business card displaying a website in almost every shot? Is this an ad?
Not an ad. It was the only real world pictures I could find online of the console instead of the same old manufacturers stock photos (I prefer this because i think it gives you a better idea of what the system actually looks like)

The question is, do I get the Amiibo? Does anyone know what the amiibo does yet?

SCB3

Not an ad. It was the only real world pictures I could find online of the console instead of the same old manufacturers stock photos (I prefer this because i think it gives you a better idea of what the system actually looks like)

The question is, do I get the Amiibo? Does anyone know what the amiibo does yet?
Probaly drops in random treasure again, or knowing Nintendo hides Master Mode behind it again like Links Awakening did

BryceNobody

I’m rocking a launch Switch model and considered purchasing the collector’s OLED while pre-orders are still up…

But why on EARTH isn’t there a code for the game included?? This would probably be an easier sell if they just threw in a digital download code. The fact that you have to separately purchase a $70 game is ridiculous, and I probably won’t end up getting this now.

So dumb.

The Legend Of Zelda What GIF by Gaming GIFs

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I could never bring myself to buy something like that. All that fancy design work you paid a premium for is going to be tarnished by the fact that it's a handheld

Kev Kev

Man I am such a sucker for Zelda. I bought the Tears Of The Kingdom OLED Switch and the Pro controller. Almost $500 on basically technology from 6 years ago. I have a Switch but not an OLED or a pro controller so there is SOME common sense in this purchase. But did I really need it? No. But LOOK AT IT!!!!! (Found pics online)
bLTfCTa.jpg
e8drOzU.jpg
5el8pnt.jpg
HzUH27n.jpg
orKQ6hN.jpg
umCNnGe.jpg
Uoyy7gh.jpg
zQ3jwi7.jpg
qYDE27i.jpg
0nrfP0A.jpg
a2wO9XU.jpg

Im still mad I never bought an extra Majoras Mask New 3DS XL back in the day. Now its soooo expensive on ebay, some up to $1000. I just own a black 3DS XL but play it all the time.
But the Switch is one of my favorite systems so Im also happy to have a backup for years to come and wont make the mistake I did with not getting the Majoras Mask 3DS.

Anyone else spend way too much today?
No regrets my friend. In the end we’re all just dust and echoes. Enjoy yourself!

KXVXII9X

I was gonna skip but I've always said that Nintendo ever do a Zelda themed switch I'll grab one, already have the CE of TotK paid for so this will be a nice addition, I'm using a Launch Day Switch now as it is and its starting to show its age a bit
You are going to love the OLED! Not really a performance and power leap but that screen, battery life, kickstand and build quality will be a nice upgrade over the launch Switch.

daveonezero

Banned
I really want an OLED but I’ve been playing my switch on a 24” monitor and can’t really justify buying a new one.

Someday I’ll just get an oled monitor or TV.

DoomGyver

I’ve been trying to preorder the collectors edition. Using twitter and stock alerts with no luck. I feel like it was easier to get a PS5/SeriesX than this.

I've been replaying BotW on CEMU and my hype level is at an all time high. I'm gonna be annoyed I have to play TotK on the Switch, but I am excited to play some new Zelda.

RCU005

I have a launch Switch and also decided to get the Zelda OLED just because it's Zelda. These couple of months are going to be expensive with Jedi Survivor, Zelda and FFXVI

Surf Ninja

I’ve been trying to preorder the collectors edition. Using twitter and stock alerts with no luck. I feel like it was easier to get a PS5/SeriesX than this.
I don't think the collector's edition is coming back. Maybe one last little push from returns a few days before, but I think that ship has sailed.

Just got this Zelda amiibo for $5 from gamestop. I dont have any amiibos other then wolf link that came with twilight princess HD and dont collect them. But for $5 I had to get this. It looks so detailed in person and the colors make me happy. Im excited to fire up skyward sword again and try this with it. Love the music, dungeons and bosses. So hyped for Tears now.
QGrZuFD.jpg

I have a launch Switch and also decided to get the Zelda OLED just because it's Zelda. These couple of months are going to be expensive with Jedi Survivor, Zelda and FFXVI
FF16 looks soooo good. Im a huge star wars fan but I havnt seen much of jedi survivor yet. Wasnt on my radar.

Top Bottom