• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I still can’t believe IGN gave Starfield a 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senua

Gold Member
idiot lol GIF

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I would give it a 6. lots of potential but the main story was horrible. Only a few real set pieces. and going to get space magic was never exciting.

Negotiator101

Gold Member
I finally finished the main campaign and I loved it. Sure the game has lots of problems, especially the annoying loading times but overall I enjoyed it.

I would give it somewhere between 6.9 and 7.1
And the worst thread ever goes to....

LordOfChaos

Ya

7 too high

There's potential and depth in it but it just feels so fucking old, loading screen every time you do anything even on fast SSDs, elevator, load screen, tram, load screen, get in or out of your ship, load screen. The head on shots in dialogues are hilarious especially where it's jump cutting between multiple people.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

I honestly didn't like StarField at first. I came back to it just to test GeForceNow now - which is fucking amazing.. and I have really started to enjoy the game and ship building. it just took to long to get there imo.

GeForceNow plays better than Series x. Hardwired Shield, nice and hard.

Last edited:

damidu

yeah too high.
more you play, more it settles to a solid 6.
the glaring issues become even more annoying as you start to regret the time you wasted on it.

Mortisfacio

Banned
I had it at about a 7/10 my first 10 hours or so, an 8/10 for hours 10-15 as everything started clicking. Played Phantom Liberty then came back. New Atlantis is ugly as sin and there's load screens galore. Quests aren't as good in comparison. Played 3-4 hours last night and I'm back down to a 7/10, possibly a 6. It has its moments, but those moments are hidden behind load screens for EVERYTHING and I've not once had any dialogue that I thought was memorable yet.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Troll thread? Not sure what the purpose is here, lmao. Especially when the majority feel that an average rating is accurate more or less. By no means a bad game, just not revolutionary either.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
7 on Xbox or 8 on NASA level computer is probably what it deserves but I can’t help myself and I love that game. 200+ hours and I’m still enjoying it.

JackMcGunns

I can't give it a final score yet, but I'm 100 hours in and probaby around 10-15% of the main story in, the side quests are so damn rewarding and the voice acting was superbly done. I don't think a standard scoring system can give a game of this scope any justice. There are things about the game that are annoying, cutscenes, load times, carrying limits, no ground vehicles to travel, but the game is so massive and there's so much to explore that if this is your style of game like it is for me, I get lost for hours exploring and finding pretty awesome adventures outside of the main campaign, which is why I'm still nearly at the beginning despite all the hours invested lol, but overall this game has been sucking up all my free time and I'm really enjoying it, haven't had this much fun in a sandbox game since oblivion, but this feels 10x bigger.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Well over 100 hours later, it’s a 7.0 game. Could have been higher if not for the game breaking bugs, freezing and loading times.

But this was not worth a thread. You could have posted this in the OT…

saintjules

As I've been saying on here for a while, we have to learn to not read too much into numbered scores. They mean nothing. Especially once you have the game in your hands and start playing. I don't think I could imagine anyone thinking about what xyz reviewer said in their review and the score they gave this game while they're in the midst of fighting enemies and swinging around.

I hope the number nonsense stuff comes to an end one day. People rely way too heavy on them. Pros and Cons are the way to go. I mean think about it. Someone will go apeshit because the game is an 89 versus a 90. Like wtf is that kind of mentality to have?

Listen to those from the reviewer and then make your own interpretation whether or not to buy the game, wait for a sale, or never touch it.

Fbh

You can still enjoy a flawed game.
As much as I criticise it, I still really enjoyed FFXVI and it's one of my favourite games of the year. But's a 7/10 at best

MikeM

I gave up on it. Might come back to it after Spiderman 2, Armored Core NG+ and Cyberpunk 2077.

Big maybe.

ungalo

The level of conformism gaming is reaching is incredible.

What will forever be said about a game is decided 1 hour after the embargo ends. Unless after some big update 3 years after launch a new powerful narrative is decided.

It's just people lining up with the same opinions endlessly.

S0ULZB0URNE

I finally finished the main campaign and I loved it. Sure the game has lots of problems, especially the annoying loading times but overall I enjoyed it.

I would give it somewhere between 6.9 and 7.1
For what it's worth IGN is known to overrate so it's a 6.

The three recent big exclusives all went pretty perfectly.

Microsoft with the best AAA game they've published in awhile (for better or worse), and a 7 meme we can all have fun with.

Sony and Nintendo releasing quality video games, as they are known to do. 90+ bangers on the exact same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom