• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think there’s something wrong with my Series X, help please!

NinjaBoiX

Hopefully this will be a short lived thread, but figured this was the best place to ask:

My Series X is behaving strangely, or to be more specific, slowly. Games seem to take 5-10 seconds to launch from the dashboard, I can move around the dash for a few seconds before the game suddenly boots. Seems to be every game I’ve tried.

Just finished up Inside yesterday, and it hung on the loading screen for ages with the “…” just looping for around 20-30 seconds, just booted up Horizon 4 and that took far longer than usual too.

I’ve cleared the quick resume cache and rebooted to see if that fixed anything but no luck. There’s no background downloads happening either, I know that can slow things down.

It’s not a huge issue in and of itself, I just hope it’s not symptomatic of a more serious issue with the SSD or something.

Any advice?

Assuming you have the time to redownload your games, I'd ensure your saves are backed up then reinstall the OS on the xbox. If you still have issues after that, most likely it's a hardware issue.

cormack12

Gold Member
Are you in any insider rings with alpha/beta/delta releases?
Did you do a full shutdown or just restart?
Try disconnecting it from the internet and try again
Try another profile (or set up an empty test one)
Is anything in quick resume or downoad queue?
When was the console last updated and is there one downloading in the bg
Any external drives plugged in? Unplug them

Last edited:
whenever my xbox is taking forever to launch games....its the internet. I unplug the ethernet and switch to wifi. And that fixes it

Damigos

My external HDD creates a 20 sec window on PS5 where i can do nothing. After that everything works perfect. Any chance you got external drives connected? Especially HDD ones

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Power off your console completely disconnecting the power cable for a few minutes and power it on again that solved the issue for me.
Animated GIF

Old tricks never fail.

Filben

Have you tried offline mode, as in disable WiFi?

I had my PS5 having a short lived issue with taking literally forever booting a game, sometimes checking for cloud save games for an eternity.

Disabling Internet on the console fixed it. By the time I re-enabled it again they either fixed their servers or my WiFi was acting normal again.

I had this three or four times now over the course of one year.

Kacho

Sounds like the good old power cycle did the trick. Not sure why this has been a thing since the OG Xbox One. It’s really annoying.

I used to take part in the Xbox Insider early access program. Buggy software issues are par for the course. Got tired of the hassle and left it behind with no regrets. No issues since.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Power off your console completely disconnecting the power cable for a few minutes and power it on again that solved the issue for me.
Was it once in a blue moon kind of thing or only once and never happened again? I get OCD about this and may just do the power cycle trick once a week if needed :D.

Aldynes

Since it probably the place to report what happened to my Series X a while back, I had an issue with backward my Xbox originals / 360 games, my console no longer detected the discs, after insertion the console would make reading noises then stop, sometimes it would detect the game but I had to try a couple of times for it to work.

Then one day that no longer worked, so went on GAF to ask you guys what could be done, tested everything like reseting the console to factory settings, to trying different versions of the same game (different copies) and we pretty much found what was the culprit, the Disc drive was faulty maybe the lens that detect DVD was dead, blue-ray worked fine.

Used my warranty to have it repaired, pretty fast less than 10 days, works like a charm now.

Top Bottom