• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I thought a vasectomy was painless

Pilgrimzero

Had a vasectomy done the other day and it was the most painful 30 Minutes of my adult life.

All I’ve ever heard was how it was quick and easy and relatively painless.

That was not my experience. At all.

I don’t know if my doc was just having a bad day or shitty at his job or maybe I’m just extra sensitive down there but it was pure hell.

Anyone else go through this or what?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I've not had my nuts butchered, but my friend has and he said it was painless. Cut into his nut sack, hacked at his nuts a bit and Boom. He's now firing blanks for life.

Maybe your Dr did a shit job, OP. Maybe you're still firing love rounds as well?

K' Dash

Had a vasectomy done the other day and it was the most painful 30 Minutes of my adult life.

All I’ve ever heard was how it was quick and easy and relatively painless.

That was not my experience. At all.

I don’t know if my doc was just having a bad day or shitty at his job or maybe I’m just extra sensitive down there but it was pure hell.

Anyone else go through this or what?

that happens when you cheapen out and go to the local butcher.

mine was completely painless, the doctor put a spray anesthetic to put a bit of local with a needle and then the real big needle, I felt absolutely nothing.

I had it done a few years ago, they gave me an IV of Valium (I think) it was not only painless but I felt great 👍
Sorry you had a rough experience. :(

The next few weeks I occasionally got sharp pains in my balls but overall it was not bad. Now I’m super glad it’s done.

OZ9000

Banned
The worst part of the vasectomy is a greater risk of prostate malignancy.

This is precisely why the wife currently has a Jaydess IUS as birth control.

I'm going to convince her to snip HER tubes instead although she is terrified at the prospect of "permanent" birth control.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The procedure itself was pretty painless for me, I had it done about 12 years ago so it's probably gotten better. I had a local shot and then they made the cut. The most painful part was the embarassment factor, since they didn't tell me they were using me as a student learning session so as soon as the guy started the proceedure here comes in about 6 students (male and female mix) all carefully inspecting my nether region as the doc did his thing.

When the local wore off, it was pretty painful / sore for about 3 days. Lots of sitting on the couch gaming with an ice pack on my nuts. Was told no sex for a week, I think I lasted 4 (maybe 5) days.

100% worth it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there a medical reason why someone has to do this?
Nope - it's an entirely elective surgery. In the US it's not even considered "preventative care".

Lots of insurance companies won't cover the cost of the procedure for these reasons. But it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than having children.

Susurrus

Is there a medical reason why someone has to do this?

Don't want (more) babies ever.

OP:

For me,

idk, the needle for the anesthesia was pretty shitty but after that was painless. Just wore tight briefs for a couple weeks and took it easy. Not going to say there was NO pain, but I honestly was walking around just fine and it wasn't too bad.

Maybe your doc is shit.

Last edited:

Fbh

Haven't done it myself but I know a few people who have and they all said the procedure itself was painless. Though some of them had some pain down there for a couple of weeks after.
Did your doc cheapen out on the anesthetics?

Trunx81

The worst part was the feeling of your strings getting pulled out of your nuts to be cut and twisted to never grow together again. Still hunts me in my nightmares.

Otherwise it was “mostly” painless but I’ve heard from some dudes who have pain even years after.

Pilgrimzero

Haven't done it myself but I know a few people who have and they all said the procedure itself was painless. Though some of them had some pain down there for a couple of weeks after.
Did your doc cheapen out on the anesthetics?

The balls were deadened but I had a ton of pain in my pelvic region (below stomach, behind genitals).

Afterward I’ve been more or less fine.

partime

I decided to get cut (circumcised) last year. Dude now that was painful,

- 4-5 shots around your shlong
- 2 on the head
- You're awake when it happens, so you smell your god forsaken burning flesh as the magician does his work
- After recovery, you're suppose to rip that blood soaked bandage off in the shower, it's like interweaved in your stitches around the head
- Then if you don't wanna go back for stitch removal, remove them yourself

10/10 would not recommend, but I am cleaner down there now.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

...I don’t know if my doc was just having a bad day or shitty at his job or maybe I’m just extra sensitive down there but it was pure hell.
I'm thinking it may have been one of those things. Mine did not hurt during the procedure. I was awake, it took a short time, I don't remember feeling anything but the initial injection for numbing.

trikster40

Procedure was fine for me, but god, it felt like I had been kicked in the nuts for a few days after. one of the stitches didn’t dissolve like they were supposed to, when I finally pulled it out, pain went away.

Rockondevil

Glad most peoples don’t hurt. I have a high tolerance to anesthetics so I’ll definitely be ensuring they’ve put enough in.
As soon as my wife decides she’s done I’m getting it immediately.

I decided to get cut (circumcised) last year. Dude now that was painful,

10/10 would not recommend, but I am cleaner down there now.
Yeah I’d rather just wash it honestly. Takes all of 5 seconds.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
After the recent news, I will be getting this done. There’s too much turmoil going on in the world and I have no interest in trying raise a child in this situation.

Top Bottom