• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I went to Chinese Buffet two days in a row.

Blade2.0

I was in a wreck in August and have been with little to no transportation since (and as we all know the USA has horseshit public transit in most cities). Finally got my car back yesterday. I was so tired of ordering in and cooking for myself that I went to to the buffet two days in a row.

Were they the best two decisions of my life? Yes, yes they were. Also got the number of the older Chinese milf that was my waitress. So hell yeah!

I made the following image with bing ai art generator to get the full effect.
ReTQt5P.jpg

It's amazing how cut off you are from the world here if you have no transportation. Would not recommend.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I was in a wreck in August and have been with little to no transportation since (and as we all know the USA has horseshit public transit in most cities). Finally got my car back yesterday. I was so tired of ordering in and cooking for myself that I went to to the buffet two days in a row.

Were they the best two decisions of my life? Yes, yes they were. Also got the number of the older Chinese milf that was my waitress. So hell yeah!

I made the following image with bing ai art generator to get the full effect.
ReTQt5P.jpg

It's amazing how cut off you are from the world here if you have no transportation. Would not recommend.
Looking like an ischemic stroke in action.

Ecotic

I have a serious question that's been bugging me for a while for anyone with knowledge about it. Are all Chinese buffets owned by the same mega company or consortium that makes them identical except for their names? Here in Georgia at least, all Chinese buffets have exactly the same items, prepared in exactly the same way. They're all as identical as two McDonald's except for their names, which are all just super generic sounding anyway. Maybe it's just a phenomenon unique to my state.

nush

I have a serious question that's been bugging me for a while for anyone with knowledge about it. Are all Chinese buffets owned by the same mega company or consortium that makes them identical except for their names? Here in Georgia at least, all Chinese buffets have exactly the same items, prepared in exactly the same way. They're all as identical as two McDonald's except for their names, which are all just super generic sounding anyway. Maybe it's just a phenomenon unique to my state.
They just know what people order on takeaway and replicate that.

I would say that the nature of a buffet kinda restrict the type of food they can cook up. you have to consider the price, how many different kinda food you're making, what's the price of all the ingredients around that location, and the target customer's taste around there. I used to go to anywhere from 4 to 6 Chinese buffets a week around the Mid West regions due to my work, so I'm more than familiar with them. are they the best or even the most authentic Chinese food you can get? lord no. but are they a good value and can fill you up? absolutely. I'm at an age where I rather have more quality than quantity these days, but if you're younger and looking for some decent food to fill you up, then these buffets would definitely be a good choice.

Blade2.0

Some things are quite different if you pay attention to the small stuff.

One Chinese buffet near me does steak at night, the other does ribs. And usually the chicken on a stick will be the most different from each location. There's one where it's my favorite thing on their array and one where it's the worst.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
You're living life right.

One of my favorite things in life is fasting all day, going for a 2-hour run, taking some...supplements that increase appetite ( 😉 ) and then eating three full plates at the Chinese buffet by my place.

The combo of those things leads to a dopamine explosion.

Blade2.0

You're living life right.

One of my favorite things in life is fasting all day, going for a 2-hour run, taking some...supplements that increase appetite ( 😉 ) and then eating three full plates at the Chinese buffet by my place.

The combo of those things leads to a dopamine explosion.
I do intermittent fasting all the time, so when I go to a buffet it isn't so bad. Both days it was the only thing I had all day

Last edited:

Tams

No Chinese buffet here, and I suspect the local Chinese is a front.

No, seriously. It was almost two decades ago, but the triads were involved in people smuggling around here.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Wish I could find a good one in Dallas. Everyone I've tried has been complete trash.
This man tells the truth.
I've had friends get food poisoning after going to some of these establishments.
Fuck that.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Back when I used to smoke weed and had one within a 15 minute walk this was a regular activity for me, long story short after the waitress looked my table once and told me "Aiiii yahh you pig out!" I haven't been back to one since.

Not sure if that's remotely relevant to this post but I've been wanting to tell this story for ages

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Im glad mine isn't across the street because I'd be dead now. Lol
Was there even one authentic thing in the trays? Or was it all fried rice, eggrolls and Manchu Wok kinds of stuff?

On a scale of 1-10, how good looking was the server?

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Was there even one authentic thing in the trays? Or was it all fried rice, eggrolls and Manchu Wok kinds of stuff?

On a scale of 1-10, how good looking was the server?
Nah, mostly American Chinese fair. The one I go to does have pork dumplings in a tray that are authentic to what I got in China, but everything else is basically American Chinese

Edit: I'd give the server a 6.5 or 7/10. Not the hottest woman ever but she has a good body and nice face for being 40+.

Last edited:
Top Bottom